Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Not sure if these are reoccurring dreams

Existential_Unicorn

Ok, so first of all hi, I'm new to this site and I'm hoping maybe someone else is having, or has had a similar experience. I don't dream every night, but when I do it's normally violent, vivid, and almost normal. Like I never have a giant banana with pink wings chase me with a butcher knife. It's stuff that could actually happen. But that's not really the part I'm curious about. Sometimes I have reoccuring dreams. But not typical ones. Mine tend to take place in the same location, but the events are slightly different. Or it continues on months after I had the first part of the dream. One in particular I've had 3 times now. Always the same place and feeling, but different things happen. And this last time I knew I had been there before. Or dreamed about this place before. But I also can't control them, so I don't think I'm really lucid dreaming either. I'd just like to have a better idea of what that is, if anything, and what it might mean. Thanks. 

• Like 2

what do you think your dreams might mean if you looked for the metaphor within them?

I'm not sure. Probably that I have a lot of unresolved mental health issues and feeling that I'm "running" from and don't want to face. And that I don't like myself very much. I tend to die or get murdered a lot in my dreams. But it's more of the places and the fact that I can pick up on the same dream where I left off months later. And I can dream about the same place with slightly different things happening that is interesting me.

• Like 2

About half of my dreams happen in a same location. But not violent or anything like that. Pleasent, mystical.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Existential_Unicorn said:

I'm not sure. Probably that I have a lot of unresolved mental health issues and feeling that I'm "running" from and don't want to face. And that I don't like myself very much.

Why don't you love yourself?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

Why don't you love yourself?

Well it's a long story of emotional abuse as a child, abandonment issues, and a really unstable family and home life that kind of conditioned me to think i was anything or worthy and stuff like that. And that's why I'm in therapy! Lol, but for real though, I have a lot of violent dreams. I was disemboweled and forced to watch one time in a dream. Shot, raped, driven over a cliff, car accident, kidnapped, huge tsunami waves, crocodiles, zombie apocalypse. That's a jist of some of the types of dreams I've had

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Existential_Unicorn said:

Well it's a long story of emotional abuse as a child, abandonment issues, and a really unstable family and home life that kind of conditioned me to think i was anything or worthy and stuff like that. And that's why I'm in therapy! Lol, but for real though, I have a lot of violent dreams. I was disemboweled and forced to watch one time in a dream. Shot, raped, driven over a cliff, car accident, kidnapped, huge tsunami waves, crocodiles, zombie apocalypse. That's a jist of some of the types of dreams I've had

Do you ever get angry on somebody, i mean do you show your anger when you are angry?

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Argon said:

Do you ever get angry on somebody, i mean do you show your anger when you are angry?

In real life? Not much. I don't like confrontation, but I'm standing up for myself more now. But like angry outbursts and punching stuff? Not really.

• Like 2

Just now, Existential_Unicorn said:

In real life? Not much. I don't like confrontation, but I'm standing up for myself more now. But like angry outbursts and punching stuff? Not really.

I think it is important that you release your sense of being hurt. I mean not to be violent or something like that but release that negative energy in some way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Argon said:

I think it is important that you release your sense of being hurt. I mean not to be violent or something like that but release that negative energy in some way.

Yeah, I definitely should. And I'm starting to do that in therapy. And the dreams have gotten better, but last night i had another one that was vivid and kinda crazy, so it's been on my mind today.

• Like 2

Therapy is a good way. It is a bit long process (if you are opened enough) and i see you are, you will be able to get rid of what's troubleing you.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 1

I know the pain too if that is any consolation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

I know the pain too if that is any consolation.

Well, I don't wish it on anyone, but it is a bit of a comfort I suppose. I just wish I could have some better dreams lol 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Existential_Unicorn said:

Yeah, I definitely should. And I'm starting to do that in therapy. And the dreams have gotten better, but last night i had another one that was vivid and kinda crazy, so it's been on my mind today.

what was it about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Argon said:

what was it about?

Ok, this is a long one. 

The first dream I had in this setting happened months ago. I was at my old university hanging out with friends or just exploring I think. There was a cemetery across the street that I was spending time in, for some reason. But all of a sudden I was compelled to go toward this building I never really noticed before. It was a big hotel type building with a clock tower on it, but below was I guess an old basement. Like maybe they built over another older building. Well for some reason I'm like, I have to go in this basement. It's too cool not to explore. So there were a lot of stairs and little landings and, it's hard to explain, but the basement wasn't easy to get into, and the door was chained and locked. But I got it open enough to squeeze my way in. And there were a few windows letting some light in, but it was dim. There was stuff everywhere. Like some old lady was an antique hoarder or something. It was packed floor to ceiling with old paintings, furniture, coat racks with old hats, and like, bird cages. And everything was red and black. That was a big thing I noticed. The colors, red and black. Well I had just started to explore when something scared me out of the place. It was like a creepy old lady voice, or something moved, I can't remember exactly but I had to ****. I tried to take a friend back later on, but we couldn't get in again. And I woke up.

Second dream was shorter,  but I was back on campus again and i was going to go in the same basement. Same feeling like I needed to go in. I got in the same way again and it all looked the same. Same colors, same everything. And this time a man was there, a security guard I think, and his flashlight shines in my face and he said "hey!" And started to chase me out, like I was trespassing. I woke up before the chase ended.

And then last night. I was with my two best friends on the same campus and I decided it would be a good idea to go explore this old creepy haunted basement, which is the same one as the other 2 dreams. And I knew I'd been there before, which was even weirder. But anyway, it was under the hotel, and I knew the manager didn't want people down there. The door I used last time had been boreded up, so we had to go in through the lobby. So we made our plan to act natural and every thing would be fine. Especially if we could make it to the elevator. So we went in and it's this fancy ass hotel with a two story entrance, double staircase with a big gold chandelier that went down to a sitting area with the elevators. So we went in, and kinda smiled to the desk clerk and tried to act natural. We got down to the second level near the elevators when the guy who caught me last time saw us and was like, get them they shouldn't be here. So we ran for the elevators and my one friend and I got in one elevator and we sent the other one up to the top floor so security couldn't get to us as fast. For some reason we left my other friend, and was like, well, hope he makes it. But we made it down to the basement and he made it too somehow and we started looking around. It was all the same. like a creepy old antique store with mannequins and shopping carts and taxidermy. And it was all the same color and stuff too. Black and red. So we had just started looking around and stuff when security found us. So we're like, oh **** we gotta go. But i guess they saw us and they started yelling, and then shooting. So we are trying to get away from these guards and the bullets and stuff and we were running and trying to hide. We manage to make it a little ways, but they found us again and we ran, but i didnt finish the dream, i woke up. And it was so vivid, it's stuck with me all day. And just the night before I was telling someone about my weird reoccurring dreams and how it was weird, then I go and have this one.

Edited by Existential_Unicorn
  • Like 1

first of all i am amazed how many details you can remember about your dreams. i'm not going to try to analyze any of it right now but it is interesting, thanks. dreams speak in the language of symbolism, they are also connected with which aspect of this symbolism is most important to yourself. which aspects of symbols are most important to you, what do they remind you of. but that is private stuff.

thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Existential_Unicorn said:

Ok, so first of all hi, I'm new to this site and I'm hoping maybe someone else is having, or has had a similar experience. I don't dream every night, but when I do it's normally violent, vivid, and almost normal. Like I never have a giant banana with pink wings chase me with a butcher knife. It's stuff that could actually happen. But that's not really the part I'm curious about. Sometimes I have reoccuring dreams. But not typical ones. Mine tend to take place in the same location, but the events are slightly different. Or it continues on months after I had the first part of the dream. One in particular I've had 3 times now. Always the same place and feeling, but different things happen. And this last time I knew I had been there before. Or dreamed about this place before. But I also can't control them, so I don't think I'm really lucid dreaming either. I'd just like to have a better idea of what that is, if anything, and what it might mean. Thanks. 

Peace to You Friend.. Thankyou for Sharing your Story.. When a person Shares Honesty and Vulnerability, it Shows a Deeper Want of Release and Growth.. I have a Familiarity with Your Experiences.. Dreams have their own Unique feel to the Observer.. My Experience of Dreams is this.. The Right Hemisphere of the Brain is the Creative, the Illustrator of Visions.. The Left Hemisphere of the Brain is Logic,  Analytical etc. It is the Side Most Predominantly Used..  Unless you know how to Combine the 2..Duality.. In waking Life we are not always Present or Aware, most times we are on Auto Pilot and do not Pick up on the Cues that the Right Brain, Yin Energy is Giving, for Guidance . So when you are Asleep, Dreaming, the Creative Illustrations in the Visions combined with Feelings are Cues for You about Something you need to Do, Change, Stop, Start.. You had this Dream 3 times, signifying to me the Importance of the Message.. Its a bunker that's Old, Its filled with old antiques, the Colours Red and Black stand out to You.. Its a repeat place, at campus where Many people are, your friends are with you, the secretary and the Guard trys to Stop you, then your Shot at and then you woke up..I Believe this has to Do with the Emotions Experienced in your Heart.. The Bunker/Basement, and the Room full of Old Stuff. Is indicative of Deeper Stuff that Needs to Be Cleaned out. You broke in by your Foot, Theres the " Soles " on the Feet, and only a few shafts of light was Seen. This is Good news, Hope..to finally pull the Curtains down or an Awakening of sorts., to let the Light in... I have a Few more Feelings on Your Other Dreams.. I Believe, the Residual, is caused from Past Life Resonance.. And its Making Itself Known through Dreams, so You can Clear the Energies or Fears, Hurt, etc.. I do Wish,  you well on Your way to seeking Truth.. 

Peace to you friend xx...

• Like 1

Wow guys, thank you so much. That is pretty much exactly what has been going on with my life lately. Trying to grow and move on, past the pain and actually live life. Maybe for the first time ever. It's been a really long, hard battle, one I haven't always wanted to continue. But this is showing me I'm on the right path, even though it's hard. I've got a few other dreams I might post about later on that really stick out to me, but they are all with similar meaning. And as for past lives, I really feel like I have them. I've just never been able to access them. And I'd really like to. And be in control of some of these dreams. But maybe I need to fix myself before I can do that. Thanks for all the help and advice <3

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Existential_Unicorn said:

Wow guys, thank you so much. That is pretty much exactly what has been going on with my life lately. Trying to grow and move on, past the pain and actually live life. Maybe for the first time ever. It's been a really long, hard battle, one I haven't always wanted to continue. But this is showing me I'm on the right path, even though it's hard. I've got a few other dreams I might post about later on that really stick out to me, but they are all with similar meaning. And as for past lives, I really feel like I have them. I've just never been able to access them. And I'd really like to. And be in control of some of these dreams. But maybe I need to fix myself before I can do that. Thanks for all the help and advice <3

Peace to You Friend xx..

You are Most Welcome. You must Thank your Self too Please.. This is Your own Wisdom to your Self, and I am Happy you Feel better For the Knowledge..Yes, Life can be Hard, and can also be Easy if you can Have Balance and Perspective. I hope this message will Be That for You..

In Relevance to Your Dream... The charming of the secretary, is Your Want to get "in there" to Discover what lies Within.. The Guard is The "Pain and Hurt" not wanting to be faced.. But in Your Soul, "You Need to grow, Otherwise you may Self harm or Allow others to Harm You".. And Hence the Foot being used to Break in.. Your Best Friends being with You, is Indicative, of the Trust and Strength and Protection in a sense, You all Share with Each Other..The Guards chasing You out shows Some Real Hurt and Torment that You are Scared to Face, Cheer up though, you have Great Guides of Strength and Courage Guiding You. The Bullets are The Blows that are Coming at You that are hard to Face..and I understand Friend. If you want to get to the Other Side of the Emotional Tides, You must first Wade through the Deep Current Of Feelings holding You a Prisioner, Within the Mind, Heart and Body..

In MyLanguage (MAORI-NZ)

KiaHiiWaRa EtuAtuata Ehoa Ma, KiaKaha KiaManawanui..Atamarie, ArohanuiKiaKoe xx

The Time is Now, for You to Stand up and Lift Your Head up to the Sky Friend, You Will do Well, just keep chipping away, at Your Pace..Have Courage, and Strength of Heart. Many Blessings of Peace and Love to You and Yours xx.   MOxx 

Edited by MauriOra

2 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Peace to You Friend xx..

You are Most Welcome. You must Thank your Self too Please.. This is Your own Wisdom to your Self, and I am Happy you Feel better For the Knowledge..Yes, Life can be Hard, and can also be Easy if you can Have Balance and Perspective. I hope this message will Be That for You..

In Relevance to Your Dream... The charming of the secretary, is Your Want to get "in there" to Discover what lies Within.. The Guard is The "Pain and Hurt" not wanting to be faced.. But in Your Soul, "You Need to grow, Otherwise you may Self harm or Allow others to Harm You".. And Hence the Foot being used to Break in.. Your Best Friends being with You, is Indicative, of the Trust and Strength and Protection in a sense, You all Share with Each Other..The Guards chasing You out shows Some Real Hurt and Torment that You are Scared to Face, Cheer up though, you have Great Guides of Strength and Courage Guiding You. The Bullets are The Blows that are Coming at You that are hard to Face..and I understand Friend. If you want to get to the Other Side of the Emotional Tides, You must first Wade through the Deep Current Of Feelings holding You a Prisioner, Within the Mind, Heart and Body..

In MyLanguage (MAORI-NZ)

KiaHiiWaRa EtuAtuata Ehoa Ma, KiaKaha KiaManawanui..Atamarie, ArohanuiKiaKoe xx

The Time is Now, for You to Stand up and Lift Your Head up to the Sky Friend, You Will do Well, just keep chipping away, at Your Pace..Have Courage, and Strength of Heart. Many Blessings of Peace and Love to You and Yours xx.   MOxx 

Thank you so much. That all really does make sense. I've been avoiding the pain and feelings for so long because I was told it didn't matter. I was crazy for being upset at abuse. So it's hard to accept it really isn't my fault. And I thought I was getting some of that pain out, but maybe I'm not. Talking about it doesn't seem to help. I still feel alone and sad, even in my dreams. And I'm not sure how to get past it. Forgiveness is probably something I should consider, but I don't know if I'm ready yet. But I hope one day I do find that peace and love for myself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Existential_Unicorn said:

Thank you so much. That all really does make sense. I've been avoiding the pain and feelings for so long because I was told it didn't matter. I was crazy for being upset at abuse. So it's hard to accept it really isn't my fault. And I thought I was getting some of that pain out, but maybe I'm not. Talking about it doesn't seem to help. I still feel alone and sad, even in my dreams. And I'm not sure how to get past it. Forgiveness is probably something I should consider, but I don't know if I'm ready yet. But I hope one day I do find that peace and love for myself. 

Believe In You.. Because You are The Master or Mistress of Your Emotions, Once they are Seen and Understood.. Where your Thoughts Go, The Emotional Energy will Follow.. The Forgiveness towards Others is Important, Forgiveness to Self is Necessary. You are Not at Fault. What has been Done to You is the Problem of the One who is Causing. It is Not Yours to Carry any more. Those who Cause Harm and Do Not Right, Wrongs will be Judged, I Assure You.. If not here then When they pass over.. And Rightfully So.. Causing Harm to Others, whether it Be, Physical, Mental, Verbal, Emotional, Is Destructive and may have Long Lasting Effects, Repetitive Cycle Energy Imbalances of Emotions and Mind... How are You within Nature?  Nature is a Gentle Healer.... Talking, Singing, Writing, Acting, Dancing,  anything with Expression is a Healer.. Laughing is Great.  Music gives Clarity... Do Activities that Cheer You Up and Give You Hope Strength, Purpose..Try to Raise Your Energies to Higher Frequencies to Up Lift.. Lower Energies are More Dense, harder to break through..Understand, There is Only one You in the Whole World, and You are the Only who knows what Needs to be Done, at Your Pace, of Course with a Goal towards progress..and Freedom.. My Recommendations also, is to Cry.. Let out as Much as You can.. Then Lift Your Head Up, Breath in Fresh Air or Life Essence, and Start again... Your Life is in Your Mind. And what you Think you are, So then You Shall Be..  Think Good about Yourself, it may feel weird at First, however You know what the Flipside is Hate, Anger, Frustration etc.. And If you want to Make Change, then you Must Make Changes.. I give you Major Creds for Putting your Story in Here. That takes Courage and maybe Hope, for a Solution.. 

I hope this is able to Help. If not, keep Looking, and Searching.. And Hang in there.. You can Do it...

Peace to you friend xx...