Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Pulls out of UN Migrant Agreement

Dark_Grey

The Trump Administration has officially pulled the US out of a UN agreement to deal with the "migrant crisis". In other words, a UN measure to ensure globalization by flooding Western nations with low-skill, potentially dangerous people. 

DailyWire

Ambassador Haley made the decision final on Monday.

In a statement released to media over the weekend, Ambassador Haley made it clear that the U.N.'s Global Compact on Migration, while technically non-binding and host to no enforcement clause that would negatively impact the United States if it failed to fulfill its commitment, violated the Trump Administration's priorities on immigration and put American borders at risk.

"[Our] decisions on immigration policies must always be made by Americans and Americans alone," the statement read. "We will decide how best to control our borders and who will be allowed to enter our country. The global approach in the New York Declaration is simply not compatible with U.S. sovereignty."

But wait - there's more!

NYT

Supreme Court Allows Trump Travel Ban to Take Effect

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday allowed the third version of the Trump administration’s travel ban to go into effect while legal challenges against it continue. The decision was a victory for the administration after its mixed success before the court over the summer, when justices considered and eventually dismissed disputes over the second version.
[...]
Attorney General Jeff Sessions called the order “a substantial victory for the safety and security of the American people.” A spokesman for the White House, Hogan Gidley, said, “We are not surprised by today’s Supreme Court decision,” calling it “lawful and essential to protecting our homeland.”

:tu:

• Like 4

I think this is pretty sad. The US is known for being a melting pot and generally tolerant of other religions and cultures, especially refugees, but it seems they have regressed with this administration. Trump (and others in government) stated all through his campaign that there was basically near to no vetting process, but this is about as far from the truth as you can get. The truth is that the vetting process is extremely lengthy and meticulous:

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

So we can no longer lead the world in the middle east peace process, we can no longer lead the world in environmental reform and now we can no longer lead the world in human rights. 

Why is Trump so quick to give up America's ability to be a leader? 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So we can no longer lead the world in the middle east peace process, we can no longer lead the world in environmental reform and now we can no longer lead the world in human rights. 

It's basically what would happen to any country if it allowed your racist grandpa to take the reins.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I think that wall is going to be a lot longer than first thought - it might even have fancy towers at the four corners.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 5

On 12/8/2017 at 1:49 PM, Farmer77 said:

There are so many threads and posts devoted to dismantling those ideas I'm kind of surprised to see them even suggested here. Going off this forum, you would think America was the devil incarnate, responsible for all of Islam's evils and regressing the world back to the stone age.

On 12/8/2017 at 1:36 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

I think this is pretty sad. The US is known for being a melting pot and generally tolerant of other religions and cultures, especially refugeesbut it seems they have regressed with this administration. 

It has regressed with the times. The world we live in now is not the same world as 20 years ago and extra precautions must be taken. 

• Like 2

great news, now if we could pull out of un, and move its HQ somewhere away from NYC. maybe in countries that actiually need un help. also UN building looks like an ugly box, un meetings create disaster traffic wise, kick UN out, it is a sacm, nothing more.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

It has regressed with the times. The world we live in now is not the same world as 20 years ago and extra precautions must be taken. 

Your perception may have changed, but the world hasn't really changed much at all. At least not in the sense that you mean.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Your perception may have changed, but the world hasn't really changed much at all. At least not in the sense that you mean.

Why did airport security need an overhaul? Why is there now a barricade around the Eiffel Tower? Terrorism has fundamentally changed the face of the world and it all started on September 11th, 2001. That date separates the two worlds you and I are discussing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Why did airport security need an overhaul? Why is there now a barricade around the Eiffel Tower? Terrorism has fundamentally changed the face of the world and it all started on September 11th, 2001. That date separates the two worlds you and I are discussing.

I disagree. The media and our governments have often made it seem this way, but the numbers simply don't support the narrative.

chartoftheday_4093_people_killed_by_terr

sr93_chart4750px.jpg

Unless of course you live in Asia:

ter.jpg.41e847bf1e1693354f48d1cf132263df.jpg

And here is a relevant interview with the ex-head of the MI6, posted today on the BBC website:

Terrorism not a ‘systemic threat’ to UK says former MI6 head

• Like 1

Terrorism isn’t a threat to the UK??? LOL according to the mayor of London it’s the new norm, and people should just get use to it. 

You should tell that to all the families of the victims who have to live with the fact their government let Muslims in by the millions.

Heck in Germany they straight said the plan was to replace Germans. To make them a minority in their own country. 

Are those really the people we should be putting in charge of our immigration policy? 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Terrorism isn’t a threat to the UK??? LOL according to the mayor of London it’s the new norm, and people should just get use to it. 

That's not what he said. Either of them.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Terrorism isn’t a threat to the UK???

Yes that is the line Trump took - but it was clear to all (bar Trump) that the mayor did not say this and his words were very correct for the situation that was unfolding.

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Are those really the people we should be putting in charge of our immigration policy? 

we should not have people like that anywhere close to immigration anything, but Europe should, they keep telling us how multiculturalism works,  lets see how it works out there first before we open doors wide again. or not.

• Like 3

London should EXPECT a terror attack: Sadiq Khan says it's 'part of living in a big city'

https://www.*** blocked ***/news/uk/713144/Sadiq-Khan-terror-attack-London-part-living-big-city-manhattan-north-america-brexit-tour

Oh well, I can find another link from Europe if you like. I can't fix this one.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/sadiq-khan-london-mayor-terrorism-attacks-part-and-parcel-major-cities-new-york-bombing-a7322846.html

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

he is right thou, i mean london mayor, as bad as it sounds, it is a new normal, look at nyc, we had quite a few. now we care more about how fast city gets back to normal, than anything else. we become numb to it over time,  there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.  he just should not have said that even thou it is true. cuz it can be taken in few ways, like we saw it in posts above.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Michelle said:

So, what, just bury heads in the sand and hope reality goes away? Ah well, it is the Trump way, I guess. 

Fact is, the threat of terrorism is currently part of living in any major city. To deny that is to be unprepared. To be unprepared is stupid. 

1 minute ago, Setton said:

So, what, just bury heads in the sand and hope reality goes away? Ah well, it is the Trump way, I guess. 

Fact is, the threat of terrorism is currently part of living in any major city. To deny that is to be unprepared. To be unprepared is stupid. 

Bury heads in the sand? The man is proactive stopping the people who are responsible for these attacks. Burying your head in the sand is importing millions of people from third world hell holes and thinking it’s gonna turn out good. 

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Setton said:

Why are snapping at me? These guys kept arguing about what was said and I provided it for them.

Your post is what came out of your own head...nothing I said.

Edited by Michelle

11 minutes ago, Setton said:

It always has been and actually has been worse in the past.

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I disagree. The media and our governments have often made it seem this way, but the numbers simply don't support the narrative.

I like that the charts source their data from the Global Terrorism Database - it's a great resource.

So in 2014, there were 5580 (recorded,) acts of terrorism in the North African region. Where is the UN focusing it's migrant relocation efforts? North Africa. I have no problem sending monetary or military support but I believe it undermines the sovereignty of a nation to force borders open. The UN is not the EU and we are not Germany.

Also, filtering the GTD by "casualties" will yield low numbers in Western countries, as seen in that chart. It does not necessarily mean terrorism is lessening, it means we are better at preventing it. Note how much it dropped on that chart after 9/11.

Now, in terms of actual incidents of terrorism? I created my own search on the GTD, from 2010 to 2016, acts of terrorism only in the UK.

"616 incidents". In 6 years. In one country. For comparison, the same search filters with "United States" yielded 192 incidents.

As for the former MI6 head, it must all be relative. The odds of being caught in a terrorist attack may be low but the consequences are catastrophic - hence why it demands so much attention. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Now, in terms of actual incidents of terrorism? I created my own search on the GTD, from 2010 to 2016, acts of terrorism only in the UK.

Is an act of terrorism the same as a terrorist attack?

9 hours ago, aztek said:

great news, now if we could pull out of un, and move its HQ somewhere away from NYC. maybe in countries that actiually need un help. also UN building looks like an ugly box, un meetings create disaster traffic wise, kick UN out, it is a sacm, nothing more.

Sorry if the UN upsets your personal traffic flow, with all there support for human rights, literacy, reducing child mortality and conflicts worldwide.

Ignorant b*******!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

I was in the Athens Airport in 1973 on my way to a meeting with Turkish engineers.  They had bomb disposal ponds and guards at all gates.  All European airports with flights to the Middle East or Israel were under tight security even back then.  It just came to America a little later.