Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anger

Illyrius

Is it healthy to release the anger like these gamers do?

The guy in green shirt is my favourite.

• Like 2

No, of course it isn't healthy but gaming isn't healthy.

• Like 6

As a gamer I think that the statement "gaming isn't healthy" is misinformed. There's no correlation between playing videogames and being that angry. The problem aren't the games but the person and their lack of tolerance to failure. Probably they were spoiled kids. 

• Like 5

I remember the times when playing lightning (fast variant) chess online, i crushed one heavy chair against the wall  but first i made some damage to my fist hitting the chair with full force. It was fun. Felt relaxed after that.Dont have a video of that, probably a fun stuff to watch.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 2

I will have to admit there have been times when something particularly frustrating happened and I would forcefully shove my controller across the floor or bite into it/ into my mouse or chuck onto my bed(if wireless). But usually make sure nothing gets broken when something like that happens. And usually it's an extremely frustrating/badly designed feature that causes that (example, the lightning dodging in FF X)
Personally I think getting upset at games, or random discussions on the internet is a fairly good outlet for frustration. Everybody has it, better let it out on something trivial like that than in an important situation where it causes unpleasantness for others or yourself. Fighting with randos in the Youtube comment section about whether the depiction of a Disney Princess is sexist can be very therapeutic :P and the same is true for yelling at some frustrating NPC in a game.

Of course damaging or breaking things while venting your frustration is taking it a bit far, unless we are talking stuff that's supposed to break or is easily put back together.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Of course damaging or breaking things while venting your frustration is taking it a bit far,

but it is fun.

• Like 1

KiaOraRa My Friend xx.

For every Emotion, there is a Positive and Negative Force.. 

Any E-motion used Negatively, will have adverse effects on the One doing the Emotional Action, and anybody in the Vicinity of that Wrath..

It is a Wise approach to Life, to Be Balanced..

To do this, You must first want to change the Behaviour.. Then become Aware of triggers, this has resonance with, people, places, times and events..

Become Aware of triggers, then Reign the Emotions in, to Work with you and Not against..

Emotions are Necessary, we live in a physical existence, but when they are Causing many Imbalances, it is time to put your foot down and Control and Direct the Forces into Balance..

Peace to you xx

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

KiaOraRa My Friend xx.

For every Emotion, there is a Positive and Negative Force.. 

Any E-motion used Negatively, will have adverse effects on the One doing the Emotional Action, and anybody in the Vicinity of that Wrath..

It is a Wise approach to Life, to Be Balanced..

To do this, You must first want to change the Behaviour.. Then become Aware of triggers, this has resonance with, people, places, times and events..

Become Aware of triggers, then Reign the Emotions in, to Work with you and Not against..

Emotions are Necessary, we live in a physical existence, but when they are Causing many Imbalances, it is time to put your foot down and Control and Direct the Forces into Balance..

Peace to you xx

That all sounds lovely an yinish an yangish an I agree with the most part of this but honestly Anger is an emotion one of many it has its place an time where it will come. Its jus a natural progression of feelings an emotions.How we handle it is another story however.Life an being alive encompasses an array of lessons, trails an tribulations..How we deal with these emotions at those times will vary all we can do is our best..Our wisdom an clear headed thought process can clouded at times..Thats jus a natural part of being alive an growing from the lessons we learn in life...

• Like 2

On 09/12/2017 at 9:38 AM, ouija ouija said:

No, of course it isn't healthy but gaming isn't healthy.

It depends on how and why you game.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

Life an being alive encompasses an array of lessons, trails an tribulations..How we deal with these emotions at those times will vary all we can do is our best..

Emotions in Life Expression are the Best teachings for Life Experience...

However, If You want to Reign in the Emotions and Control and Direct the Energy, You Must have Balance.. 

The "best" will now be the "Directive" and You the Master or Mistress of the Control..

This is how You can make The Emotional Energy's work with you and Not against..

Anger has its place, but if the Energy is a destructive force then this Can and Will Destroy...

Tame the Beast within...xx.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Emotions in Life Expression are the Best teachings for Life Experience...

However, If You want to Reign in the Emotions and Control and Direct the Energy, You Must have Balance.. 

The "best" will now be the "Directive" and You the Master or Mistress of the Control..

This is how You can make The Emotional Energy's work with you and Not against..

Anger has its place, but if the Energy is a destructive force then this Can and Will Destroy...

Tame the Beast within...xx.

Totally agree Mauri, I admire your wisdom thank you for your insight its truly fasinating an inspiring..Awesome mindset Mauri..

• Like 2

The trouble with gaming is that the emotions it provokes are artificially induced ..... unnatural. And so often, young men put themselves in this totally unnatural state for hours on end, day after day. That is extremely unhealthy and does nothing to promote healthy emotions and positive responses to what comes at them in real life. It goes against learning to 'read' emotions in others and dealing with them in a good way. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

The trouble with gaming is that the emotions it provokes are artificially induced ..... unnatural

Peace to you..

Wonderful Mind, I agree with what is said in your Post, excepting the above statement..

Emotions are Neither Artificially Induced or Unnatural.. Nor are the Situations that caused these Emotions..

Games are Games..

Food is Food.

Walking is walking..

These are Outside the Sphere of Emotions, they have no Energy attached, until the Person attaches with focused thoughts & actions.

I agree, this is not the way to live, but that is the Spice of Life, to have Differences.. 

Peace to you..xx 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

The trouble with gaming is that the emotions it provokes are artificially induced ..... unnatural. And so often, young men put themselves in this totally unnatural state for hours on end, day after day. That is extremely unhealthy and does nothing to promote healthy emotions and positive responses to what comes at them in real life. It goes against learning to 'read' emotions in others and dealing with them in a good way. 

I disagree and agree with different parts of your comment. 

(1) I disagree that it’s ‘trouble’ that emotions are ‘artificiality induced’.

Do you consume any kind of media where the emotions are not directly the result of a human? 

(2) I 100% agree that excessive gaming is very unhealthy and even deadly. 

(3) Healthy emotions and positive responses can come from games. We’ve moved into an era where there is so much creative force behind gaming. It’s not just about mashing buttons or hours behind the keyboard, there are games which are more about the experience than actually pressing the buttons. They’re like a story or work of art, stretched out and interactive, rather than the idea of a classic game. 

(4) There are games which tackle real life issues and emotions. Friendship, bullying, death etc. They’re more about awareness than trying to trick someone into thinking that they’re having a real-life experience, and you’d be hard pressed to say that they don’t help with real emotional exchanges. 

What would you want from a game? I’d love to be able to suggest something to possibly sway your negative views. 

• Like 4

Too much of anything is not healthy..Gaming is no exception. The issue of anger involved with gaming stems from the gamer an their inability to manger the emotions they are experiencing.

Edited by Hre2breal
  • Like 1

Whenever I feel the urge to be angry I try to remember this:

"Anger is like a stone hurled into a hornet's nest."

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Hre2breal said:

That all sounds lovely an yinish an yangish an I agree with the most part of this but honestly Anger is an emotion one of many it has its place an time where it will come. Its jus a natural progression of feelings an emotions.How we handle it is another story however.Life an being alive encompasses an array of lessons, trails an tribulations..How we deal with these emotions at those times will vary all we can do is our best..Our wisdom an clear headed thought process can clouded at times..Thats jus a natural part of being alive an growing from the lessons we learn in life...

:nw:

a person sometimes can be extremely mature in thinking but not that evolved in emotional sense. emotions cloud the reason. great post.

and reason chokes emotions... but both are needed. balance again.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

No offence ouija, but you seem to be basing your views on a preconceived stereotype of your typical teenage male gamer. Actually, adult women are the largest demographic in contemporary gaming:

Adult women are now the largest demographic in gaming

"A new study released by the Entertainment Software Association has revealed that adult women now occupy the largest demographic in the gaming industry. Women over 18 made up a whopping 36 percent of the gaming population, followed by adult men at 35 percent."

"The average game player is 31 years old."

These figures are from 2014, and the trend grows every year.

Games vary widely, from simple games that have been proven to be beneficial to cognitive and motor skills, through creative story-driven games, to MMO (Massively multiplayer online) games with a large emphasis on the social aspect.

Like anything in life, some people take things to extremes, and there are no doubt many examples of unhealthy habits. It's down to individuals though, and not "gaming" as a form of entertainment.

Just to give you one example of the positive side from personal experience, around twenty years ago I had a real world meet up with a bunch of people I played an online game with. We varied in age from twenties to fifties, and came from all over the globe; Britain, America, South Africa, Germany, Sweden, Denmark... and others I forget due to the excessive *coughs* socializing we participated in :blush: This was just the subset that made it to the real world meet too. In the actual game, we ranged from teens to seventies, students through to retired couples. It was a great experience.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

No offence ouija, but you seem to be basing your views on a preconceived stereotype of your typical teenage male gamer. Actually, adult women are the largest demographic in contemporary gaming:

Adult women are now the largest demographic in gaming

"A new study released by the Entertainment Software Association has revealed that adult women now occupy the largest demographic in the gaming industry. Women over 18 made up a whopping 36 percent of the gaming population, followed by adult men at 35 percent."

"The average game player is 31 years old."

These figures are from 2014, and the trend grows every year.

Games vary widely, from simple games that have been proven to be beneficial to cognitive and motor skills, through creative story-driven games, to MMO (Massively multiplayer online) games with a large emphasis on the social aspect.

Like anything in life, some people take things to extremes, and there are no doubt many examples of unhealthy habits. It's down to individuals though, and not "gaming" as a form of entertainment.

Just to give you one example of the positive side from personal experience, around twenty years ago I had a real world meet up with a bunch of people I played an online game with. We varied in age from twenties to fifties, and came from all over the globe; Britain, America, South Africa, Germany, Sweden, Denmark... and others I forget due to the excessive *coughs* socializing we participated in :blush: This was just the subset that made it to the real world meet too. In the actual game, we ranged from teens to seventies, students through to retired couples. It was a great experience.

great info :tu:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Timonthy said:

(1) I disagree that it’s ‘trouble’ that emotions are ‘artificiality induced’.

Do you consume any kind of media where the emotions are not directly the result of a human? 

good point. :tu:

• Like 1

If it wasn't for video games I'm sure I'd have a body count. They're a great way to relieve stress. Having a bad day? Load up a game and lay waste to hordes of zombies. Things just melt away. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If it wasn't for video games I'm sure I'd have a body count. They're a great way to relieve stress. Having a bad day? Load up a game and lay waste to hordes of zombies. Things just melt away. 

yeah, yeah.. or vampires... totally agree.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

yeah, yeah.. or vampires... totally agree.

PUBG released on Xbox today may cause me to break something, almost downloaded. That or Fortnite bush campers...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

PUBG released on Xbox today may cause me to break something, almost downloaded. That or Fortnite bush campers...

send a video please if crushing happens :D