Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Expert concludes Roy Moore wrote disputed

ExpandMyMind

Just now, Likely Guy said:

'My' people includes. So does yours.

I was speaking on our philosophy. What the Mide teaches. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I believe that there are still some Republicans out there like my dad.

Contrary to popular belief, not all Republicans are religious either. But then again, I know a lot of extremely religious and homophobic Democrats so....

• Like 3

It isn't actually clear whether he's touching the woman or just pretending to. 

And he is a comedian. I looked at some of Benny Hill's stuff the other day, and I wondered if could be charged now for the appearance of touching a woman, inappropriately. 

There's a particular skit where he's painting a sign behind a bikini clad girl, and it looks like he's touching her in private areas with the brush. Same basic principle. 

But getting back to Roy Moore. There are at least 30 sources for the claims. Thirty. 

He was well-known for this kind of behavior, and he's been caught lying that he didn't even know these girls.

• Like 1

Just now, Michelle said:

Contrary to popular belief, not all Republicans are religious either. But then again, I know a lot of extremely religious and homophobic Democrats so....

:lol:    I have Conservative Democrats in the family. Rather contrary bunch.

• Like 5

Just now, ChaosRose said:

And he is a comedian. I looked at some of Benny Hill's stuff the other day, and I wondered if could be charged now for the appearance of touching a woman, inappropriately. 

There's a particular skit where he's painting a sign behind a bikini clad girl, and it looks like he's touching her in private areas with the brush. Same basic principle. 

But getting back to Roy Moore. There are at least 30 sources for the claims. Thirty. 

He was well-known for this kind of behavior, and he's been caught lying that he didn't even know these girls.

Are you seriously defending Franken by using a Benny Hill skit?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Well said.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Truly, equally reactionary. Non-progressive.

• Like 2

They're both comedians who used the "lecher" as a caricature. 

People who hate Al Franken are gonna assume he was actually touching the sleeping woman.

People who love him are gonna assume he wasn't.

The point is, no one actually knows for certain, except Al Franken and whoever was taking the pic. 

On the other hand...30 sources. Thirty. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

:D Ain't that the truth! But, with some people there is only black and white with no greys. :no:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Are you seriously defending Franken by using a Benny Hill skit?

Franken worshiped Groucho Marx. The king of ass grabbers. He isn't spreading his religious morals around while bailing out his dope dealing son Like this fake cowboy who can't even sit steady on a saddlebred. 

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

:D Ain't that the truth! But, with some people there is only black and white with no greys. :no:

I have that problem to because of the ASD but I try to see all points. Even the grey ones.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Franken worshiped Groucho Marx. The king of ass grabbers. He isn't spreading his religious morals around while bailing out his dope dealing son Like this fake cowboy who can't even sit steady on a saddlebred. 

The thing is, this type of humor used to be acceptable. 

And you can get very, very close to someone without actually touching them, and unless the angle is just right...it looks like you are. 

He was obviously trying to be funny. That said, surely the woman might have seen that later and assumed he actually touched her. Of course she would be offended by that. 

But there could have been no actual touching. 

• Like 1

There is no statute of limitations for sexual assault/abuse against minors in Alabama:

https://victimsofcrime.org/docs/DNA Resource Center/sol-for-sexual-assault-check-chart---final---copy.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Mr. Moore’s detractors keep repeating that “Roy Moore’s taste in women was well known. So why, after all these years, are the lawyers just now rounding up the alleged victims? Why this election, and not the two previous elections? 

It appears to me to be political mud slinging, but I’ll withhold judgment against those eight women and Mr. Moore until something substantial is presented.

• Like 2

Honestly, I thought Al Franken could be funny at times, but was also kind of a d***. 

So I'm a little indifferent about the whole thing.

I just see the possibility that this could have just been a comedic gesture. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Piney said:

Here in Canada we used to have the Progressive Conservative party. Talk about 'contrary'.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, simplybill said:

There’s a photograph of Al Franken with his hands on a sleeping woman’s breasts.

The only evidence presented against Roy Moore is a Christmas greeting.

In criminal cases, especially those of this nature, witness testimony is evidence.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simplybill said:

There is no statute of limitations for sexual assault/abuse against minors in Alabama:

https://victimsofcrime.org/docs/DNA Resource Center/sol-for-sexual-assault-check-chart---final---copy.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Mr. Moore’s detractors keep repeating that “Roy Moore’s taste in women was well known. So why, after all these years, are the lawyers just now rounding up the alleged victims? Why this election, and not the two previous elections? 

It appears to me to be political mud slinging, but I’ll withhold judgment against those eight women and Mr. Moore until something substantial is presented.

That's pretty easy.

Nobody who could do anything about it gave a ****.

He was in the DA office at the time. Anyone who wanted to say something was probably afraid to. 

• Like 1

Long story short, since no one from Alabama is speaking out;

Why would you want that man to represent you?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

There is no defending Franken whatsoever (besides, his fingers are clearly touching her). If you believe the women in other cases then you can't try to claim that those accusing Franken are lying. This is simply not on in my book.

Whether he did it or not he's still a hypocritical idiotic turd.....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

The thing is, this type of humor used to be acceptable. 

And you can get very, very close to someone without actually touching them, and unless the angle is just right...it looks like you are. 

He was obviously trying to be funny. That said, surely the woman might have seen that later and assumed he actually touched her. Of course she would be offended by that. 

But there could have been no actual touching. 

My God, you're using the same faulty logic that you lambasted conservatives for using in defence of Moore. What are you doing? 

"Things were different back then".

• Like 3

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

There is no defending Franken whatsoever (besides, his fingers are clearly touching her). If you believe the women in other cases then you can't try to claim that those accusing Franken are lying. This is simply not on in my book.

I believe the other story because it is so well sourced.

Some of the women in this case are not even going on record. They're remaining anonymous.

And although he was apologetic for the initial case, he's categorically denying the latest.

It makes him more credible to me, because if he was just a lecher 24/7, he'd deny the whole thing from the get-go.

I guess part of it is I'm a bit older and I remember when this kind of humor was ok. Now it has fallen out of favor, and people are looking back at it with different eyes.

To be honest, I think Al Franken is kind of a douche, but I don't believe he's actually guilty of sexual harassment here. 

And I feel differently about Weinstein, Wiener, and Spacey. 

There are particular reasons I'm not buying the Franken stuff. 

13 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Because to a lone woman, maybe the prospect of taking on a well-insulated judge is pretty much terrifying. 

You should really do some research on the psychology of these types if victims before you pass judgement. 

• Like 2

Part of the reason I cut him some slack is because I know he specifically played a lecher caricature.

And people who interacted with him knew that. They were well aware of the skits they were supposed to perform with him.