Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Expert concludes Roy Moore wrote disputed

ExpandMyMind

Just expecting to practice a skit is hardly sexual harassment.

It's also hardly sexual harassment to put your hand on someone's waist while having a pic taken.

Some of the stuff is just ridiculous, and they're false equivalencies. They are clearly trying to distract from the actual pedophile in their midst. 

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Just expecting to practice a skit is hardly sexual harassment.

It's also hardly sexual harassment to put your hand on someone's waist while having a pic taken.

Some of the stuff is just ridiculous, and they're false equivalencies. They are clearly trying to distract from the actual pedophile in their midst. 

So the unwanted, deep, wet, French kiss was a false equivalency too?

• Like 4

One thing's for sure. Comedy is going to change, drastically.

There will NEVER be any Benny Hill type skits ever again. 

No one will ever ask to practice a love scene. 

No one will want to take a picture with a fan. 

It's gonna get a little bit ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Just now, .ZZ. said:

So the unwanted, deep, wet, French kiss was a false equivalency too?

How do you know that's not what he was supposed to do? 

If he was playing the lecher, many times you have seen movies where characters have done the sloppy disgusting kiss to each other. 

I thought the topic was about Moore?

Edit: What, is he getting another 'pass' here?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

How do you know that's not what he was supposed to do? 

If he was playing the lecher, many times you have seen movies where characters have done the sloppy disgusting kiss to each other. 

LOL, That is the most ridiculous cop out yet. Ask the victim.

So that and the imaginary air gap between his hands and her breasts is what you're clinging to? The lengths that some folks will go to and cover for him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Because to a lone woman, maybe the prospect of taking on a well-insulated judge is pretty much terrifying. 

You should really do some research on the psychology of these types if victims before you pass judgement. 

I’ve done the research, and that’s why I said I’d withhold judgment. 

However it’s the research that makes me question the legitimacy of the claims. Traumatized people don’t wait until someone is running for political office to tell their story. The trauma is immediate, overwhelming, and life-changing. I can say with some authority (I have experience in Critical Incident counseling) that traumatized victims don’t ask their abusers to sign their yearbook.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

One thing's for sure. Comedy is going to change, drastically.

There will NEVER be any Benny Hill type skits ever again. 

No one will ever ask to practice a love scene. 

No one will want to take a picture with a fan. 

It's gonna get a little bit ridiculous. 

He hasn't been accused of acting. He has been accused of sexual assault.

"I couldn't believe it. He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep," Tweeden writes. "I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated."

That is how he made the woman feel: violated.

Please don't attempt to downplay the assault or become an apologist for him. There is no defending his actions and he should have stepped down as soon as the picture was released.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Piney said:

Franken worshiped Groucho Marx. The king of ass grabbers. He isn't spreading his religious morals around while bailing out his dope dealing son Like this fake cowboy who can't even sit steady on a saddlebred. 

Groucho was funny, Franken was an *******

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I reiterate.

Edit: To defend a pedophile over a groper.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Just now, Merc14 said:

Groucho was funny, Franken was an *******

I never liked his comedy and never paid attention to his politics. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He hasn't been accused of acting. He has been accused of sexual assault.

"I couldn't believe it. He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep," Tweeden writes. "I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated."

That is how he made the woman feel: violated.

Please don't attempt to downplay the assault or become an apologist for him. There is no defending his actions and he should have stepped down as soon as the picture was released.

Try taking a picture and pretending to touch your significant other. Get as close as you can without touching, and see if you could tell from an ordinary pic that you weren't actually touching.

Then realize that he's a comedian.

People just don't seem to understand context and that it can be a factor.

There are movies where people have had to sloppy tongue kiss each other in a gross manner. 

Now, asking someone to practice it first is sexual harassment. It wasn't before, but it is now. 

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I reiterate.

Come on man, someone drew a comparison earlier.

What's the big deal?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Yeah, he is.

And they're using Al Franken to deflect. 

I can see that, but apparently, there are people who can't. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

There's a child molester who's running for Senate, but let's all talk about the comedian who posed for a funny picture and practiced a comedy skit. 

Because those two things are really the same. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Come on man, someone drew a comparison earlier.

What's the big deal?

Alleged pedophile?

Some people use the Bible to justify indefensible actions and other dismiss at as "comedy". It's amazing the lengths people will go to defend criminal acts if the accused is on their team.

• Like 7

:blink: What the hell am I even doing here? I don't care about politics and I hate both parties!

@ExpandMyMind Your new name is Worm Can. :lol:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

How do you feel about Al Franken? No 'substance' because Moore denies?

LG...you started the Franken-stein monster taking over this thread :P :lol:

As i said awhile back,many in Moores own hometown through the years remember him as a pervert...if it was just one woman demanding some type of book or movie deal for her story or only 1 or 2 people remembered his "way" of going about things sure call bs...but it seems a whole lot more than just a "couple" of people remember all of this...

Throw him,Conyers,and Franken under the bus!...We would call any ordinary citizen who did such things scum of the earth and the ORDINARY CITIZEN would be facing criminal charges!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Alleged pedophile?

Oh, I'm sure we will get back to that POS, don't worry.

I see them both as sexual predators. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I’ve done the research, and that’s why I said I’d withhold judgment. 

However it’s the research that makes me question the legitimacy of the claims. Traumatized people don’t wait until someone is running for political office to tell their story. The trauma is immediate, overwhelming, and life-changing. I can say with some authority (I have experience in Critical Incident counseling) that traumatized victims don’t ask their abusers to sign their yearbook.

Well, sure, you did say that. But in the exact same post you basically said you thought it was all lies.

Your post shows that you clearly have no idea of the psychological impact this sort of crime can have, no matter what you claim. None at all if you believe that most come forward straight away. Like, seriously zero knowledge of the subject at all, because the first thing anyone knows is that fear prevents most from coming forward at all.

And did he sign the year book before or after? It doesn't really matter, since you obviously are also not aware of the hold an older man can have over a child, even - or especially - one who has been his victim.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

23 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

That's pretty easy.

Nobody who could do anything about it gave a ****.

He was in the DA office at the time. Anyone who wanted to say something was probably afraid to. 

I find it difficult to believe that an attorney would be too afraid to defend an underage sexual assault victim, especially in the alleged atmosphere of “Everyone knew”. That just doesn’t sound like a lawyerly way to behave.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Some people use the Bible to justify indefensible actions and other dismiss at as "comedy". It's amazing the lengths people will go to defend criminal acts if the accused is on their team.

Since I don't believe in, or care about God, to defend either is indefensible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

LG...you started the Franken-stein monster taking over this thread :P :lol:

Where did I do that?

If I did, I erred.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

How do you feel about Al Franken? No 'substance' because Moore denies?

Ummm............

• Like 3