Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Expert concludes Roy Moore wrote disputed

ExpandMyMind

Just now, Likely Guy said:

Where did I do that?

If I did, I erred.

Look at my quote in the post of mine you just quoted :lol:

we all err sometimes lol ;)

Played with "WHATABOUTISM" and got burned haha

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Ummm............

Okay, you guys got me.

Edit: Or rather, I was hoisted on my own petard. :blush:

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Since I don't believe in, or care about God, to defend either is indefensible.

I couldn't resist throwing that in there for reasons that may not be completely obvious in this thread. ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Michelle said:

Some people use the Bible to justify indefensible actions and other dismiss at as "comedy". It's amazing the lengths people will go to defend criminal acts if the accused is on their team.

They were serious. It was not meant as comedy. That is not a comedian. That is an Alabama State Auditor going on the record to The Washington Examiner and claiming that not just the bible, but the Christmas story justifies pedophilia. 

Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler, a Republican, dismissed the charges brought forth in a Washington Post article about Moore Thursday, telling The Washington Examiner that the relationship would be akin to that of Joseph and Mary.
"Take the Bible: Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance," Zeigler said. "Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist. Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual."
In the Bible, Jesus is conceived through the Holy Spirit, not sexual relations between Mary and Joseph.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjBwKP1iPzXAhXHSSYKHT1SDnsQtwIIKTAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2017%2F11%2F10%2Fpolitics%2Froy-moore-joseph-and-mary%2Findex.html&usg=AOvVaw0w0ka4BiR5sSqvMVZQAOh5

4 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I find it difficult to believe that an attorney would be too afraid to defend an underage sexual assault victim, especially in the alleged atmosphere of “Everyone knew”. That just doesn’t sound like a lawyerly way to behave.

There's only one problem with that assertion: I don't believe any of the victims happen to have been lawyers.

• Like 1

Probably best to get back on topic now guys before it spirals any further.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Well, sure, you did say that. But in the exact same post you basically said you thought it was all lies.

Your post shows that you clearly have no idea of the psychological impact this sort of crime can have, no matter what you claim. None at all if you believe that most come forward straight away. Like, seriously zero knowledge of the subject at all, because the first thing anyone knows is that fear prevents most from coming forward at all.

And did he sign the year book before or after? It doesn't really matter, since you obviously are also not aware of the hold an older man can have over a child even - or especially - one who has been his victim.

I know exactly what I’m talking about.

Do you really believe that a person who is terrified by her abuser would approach him and ask him to sign her yearbook? That doesn’t sound like trauma to me. I’ve spoken to traumatized people. I’ve sat in classrooms being taught by traumatized people. I’m well aware of the behavior of traumatized people.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

They were serious. It was not meant as comedy. That is not a comedian. That is an Alabama State Auditor going on the record to The Washington Examiner and claiming that not just the bible, but the Christmas story justifies pedophilia. 

One person is not "they". Not all Christians are Westboro Baptist Church types either.

• Like 4

On 12/9/2017 at 5:25 PM, Michelle said:

One person is not "they". Not all Christians are Westboro Baptist Church types either.

They meaning the person interviewed.

I should have used he, *snip*

I already said that not even most Republicans probably agree with the guy, let alone most Christians.

The fact that there are ANY Christians supporting him is an abomination. 

The problem is that if any of them have donated to the RNC, their money is now supporting him. 

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Probably best to get back on topic now guys before it spirals any further.

Roy Moore's a great guy because he's not a Democrat, beside that he's denied everything.

Clearly my grammar mistakes are more important than an Alabama Republican state auditor going on the record with a straight face...and excusing pedophilia using the Christmas story. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Part of the reason I cut him some slack is because I know he specifically played a lecher caricature.

And people who interacted with him knew that. They were well aware of the skits they were supposed to perform with him.

Sounds like you are trying to polish a turd (Franken)...just flush it already ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

They meaning the person interviewed.

I should have used he, but excuse the **** outta me.

I already said that not even most Republicans probably agree with the guy, let alone most Christians.

The problem is that if any of them have donated to the RNC, their money is now supporting him. 

There are a whole hell of a lot more holier than thou Democrats in Hollywood protecting child molesters and sexual predators.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

In Roy Moore's defense, there is nothing in the constitution that says a pedophile can't be a senator. 

That much is true, Gromdor.

That much is true.

They probably didn't think they had to put that in, but still...true. 

Edited by ChaosRose

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Christians are constantly accused of being judgmental. And yet when Christians withhold judgment, they are an abomination?

Myself, I’ll err on the side of ‘innocent until proven guilty’.

• Like 1

Just now, Michelle said:

There are a whole hell of a lot more holier than thou Democrats in Hollywood protecting child molesters and sexual predators.

I think Democrats et al are more willing to take the high ground than you realize.

I mean...look at this Al Franken thing. 

Clearly cooked up to deflect from Roy Moore, and yet...everyone turned on a dime. 

I'm not so easily snowed, but then again, no one's listening to me.

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

In Roy Moore's defense, there is nothing in the constitution that says a pedophile can't be a senator. 

'Alleged pedophile' though. Good one, can't argue against that.

1 minute ago, simplybill said:

Christians are constantly accused of being judgmental. And yet when Christians withhold judgment, they are an abomination?

Myself, I’ll err on the side of ‘innocent until proven guilty’.

Thirty sources. Thirty. 

It's one thing to not believe the women. 

It's another thing, entirely, to think it's ok because of some wildly errant idea about the bible (because the politician in question has obviously not even read it). 

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Now that is a great post.

• Like 2

Just now, ChaosRose said:

I think Democrats et al are more willing to take the high ground than you realize.

I mean...look at this Al Franken thing. 

Clearly cooked up to deflect from Roy Moore, and yet...everyone turned on a dime. 

I'm not so easily snowed, but then again, no one's listening to me.

HA! After the massive cover-up that was exposed about Weistein along with even politician's complicity.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I know exactly what I’m talking about.

Do you really believe that a person who is terrified by her abuser would approach him and ask him to sign her yearbook? That doesn’t sound like trauma to me. I’ve spoken to traumatized people. I’ve sat in classrooms being taught by traumatized people. I’m well aware of the behavior of traumatized people.

I don't know what to say if you honestly think that this cannot happen. Have you heard of Stockholm syndrome? Do you know who Jimmy Saville was? Do you not realise that even grown women attacked by their bosses act in this same way?

I honestly don't believe a word you're saying about experience with this sort if thing. When women or kids (or even men. Did you read about Terry Crews?) are abused by people they know and powerful men, they pretty much universally react the opposite way to that which you describe for a while host of reasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

Now that is a great post.

And a whole bunch of 'whataboutism' that I was also guilty of.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Thirty sources. Thirty. 

It's one thing to not believe the women. 

It's another thing, entirely, to think it's ok because of some wildly errant idea about the bible (because the politician in question has obviously not even read it). 

Yes, 30 women that withheld their accusations until immediately before an important election. Can you understand my reluctance to jump on the bandwagon?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Because they are cowards who fear for their careers more than they care about the victims. 

But again, we're all getting off topic.

• Like 2