Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Expert concludes Roy Moore wrote disputed

ExpandMyMind

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

That wasn't the problem. Ever notice how a dog can look like its master?

Name your next dog, Astute.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I always liked Under Dog, but I always wondered why he didn't have pants

Maybe it's because Judge Moore won't give them back to him?

Just now, Will Due said:

Maybe it's because Judge Moore won't give them back to him?

Unless you can slip in a clever animal reference here, I won't understand what you're talking about.

What good news. So glad to know that the alleged pedophile and sexual harasser of women didn't win. Congratz to Mr Jones :tu:...

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Unless you can slip in a clever animal reference here, I won't understand what you're talking about.

See Astra's post preceding.

Vox Populi, Vox Dei... we'll revisit this decision in 23 months.  The problem with being part of a lynching is that someday it might just be "you" wearing the necktie.  About 1.5% of the vote was write in's by people I assume to have considered themselves "enlightened Conservatives".  All they managed to do was place a man in the Senate who supports abortion on demand, gun control, and unfettered immigration.  That's the most convoluted perception of morality that I've ever seen.  So be it.  For the next 23 months, at least, Alabamians will have the government we deserve.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

Vox Populi, Vox Dei... we'll revisit this decision in 23 months.  The problem with being part of a lynching is that someday it might just be "you" wearing the necktie.  About 1.5% of the vote was write in's by people I assume to have considered themselves "enlightened Conservatives".  All they managed to do was place a man in the Senate who supports abortion on demand, gun control, and unfettered immigration.  That's the most convoluted perception of morality that I've ever seen.  So be it.  For the next 23 months, at least, Alabamians will have the government we deserve.

And keep a pedophile out. You missed that tiny motivation. 

I propose we all refer to this in future as 'doing a Hillary': putting forward the only candidate so awful that they could lose to your opponent. 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 5

Well, I'll be very interested to see how the allegations against him of sexual abuse pan out. If they continue, then perhaps he is a thoroughly unpleasant person and he didn't deserve the office of senator. If they wither away, then we will have to consider the likelyhood that they where contrived purely to influence the election.

And if THAT appears to be the case.. then the Democrats have sown the wind in a particularly irresponsible way, because ALL future allegations of sexual assault leveled against a politician could be dismissed in the public mind as just being poltical smears, regardless of the merits of the accusations .

Well, time will tell :)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, time will tell :)

Just to be clear I don't support Moore even outside of the allegations - but we could get to the stage in the US whereby all elections come with such allegations against both candidates.

Well I know what I am trying to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

Just to be clear I don't support Moore even outside of the allegations - but we could get to the stage in the US whereby all elections come with such allegations against both candidates.

I think I understand what you mean RAyMO. If that DOES happen, then they will have reaped the whirlwind. It would effectively give a green light for sexual abuse, on the grounds that the public (and by implication, Juries) may automatically disregard claims against politicians.

6 hours ago, and then said:

I've read the Bible and I'm fairly certain that Jesus would not be a Republican. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I've read the Bible and I'm fairly certain that Jesus would not be a Republican. 

I've read the Bible too. If you're implying that Democrats would be favored by Jesus over Republicans because this Roy Moore guy (a Republican) is a sexual abuser, then I disagree. There are Democrats in the US Senate who have also been accused of sexual misconduct as well  (John Conyers and Al Franken come to mind). Therefore, Jesus isn't likely to favor either political party in this regard.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I've read the Bible too. If you're implying that Democrats would be favored by Jesus over Republicans because this Roy Moore guy (a Republican) is a sexual abuser, then I disagree. There are Democrats in the US Senate who have also been accused of sexual misconduct as well  (John Conyers and Al Franken come to mind). Therefore, Jesus isn't likely to favor either political party in this regard.

No, I meant that the general philosophy of conservative politics is in polar opposition to the teachings of Christ - and far more so with US right-wing politics.

I highly doubt there would be much of a difference between the two sides of politics with regards to sexual deviancy 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 5

I'm not much of a religious man,but i don't think Jesus would much support either major party...

JESUS FOR 3RD PARTY!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Nor a Tory

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Nor a Tory

Remember when he shared all the fish and bread with people? Tories and Republicans would be calling him a communist if he tried that in this day and age :lol:

• Like 4

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Remember when he shared all the fish and bread with people? Tories and Republicans would be calling him a communist if he tried that in this day and age

I seem to recall  he wasn't too found of catering to the capitalist economy - otherwise he would have 'bought his round like anyone else'. Water into wine - I ask you!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Setton said:

And keep a pedophile out.

No one provided a single piece of evidence that this man ever TOUCHED a child, let alone have sex with one.  I have no idea if he did and neither do YOU.  None of the young ladies he supposedly dated even made that accusation.  I have no need to try to defend him any further, I'll just leave it at this - I really hope that at some point in the future, everyone that acted as judge, jury and executioner of this man, has to face the same kind of mob justice or see it done to people they love.  It's disgusting that we've reached the point in this country where a person can be lynched by the media and no proof is required.  

This is glorious:

• Like 4

I think the most surprising thing to me here isn't that Moore lost but how well most Republican voters on here (with one exception :rolleyes:)  are taking it. Credit where it's due, I expected you to be complaining about how the media was out to get him etc. Nice to be proved wrong sometimes :-)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RAyMO said:

This is easy to get around. Imagine your political party is a Rugby team, if one gets,"injured" you bench them and bring in the new player.

My ignorance of the American system might be showing here but I could not understand why Roy Moore didn't stand down and let a different member of his party take the seat?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Kismit said:

This is easy to get around. Imagine your political party is a Rugby team, if one gets,"injured" you bench them and bring in the new player.

My ignorance of the American system might be showing here but I could not understand why Roy Moore didn't stand down and let a different member of his party take the seat?

As far as I understand -- ballots had already been printed, so they couldn't get another "player" on them.

Could have tried for a write-in vote -- but he would have had to probably step down, for it to have had any chance of real success.

Not entirely sure of the various bylaws -- but I don't think they can force him to stand down, after he's been voted in by the general public to be their candidate, during the primaries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Setton said:

I think the most surprising thing to me here isn't that Moore lost but how well most Republican voters on here (with one exception :rolleyes:)  are taking it. Credit where it's due, I expected you to be complaining about how the media was out to get him etc. Nice to be proved wrong sometimes :-)

I think maybe this is more a message from the republican voters to the rest who might lose their chair if they don't start fitting in with the program.

• Like 1