Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Expert concludes Roy Moore wrote disputed

ExpandMyMind

1 hour ago, Kismit said:

This is easy to get around. Imagine your political party is a Rugby team, if one gets,"injured" you bench them and bring in the new player.

My ignorance of the American system might be showing here but I could not understand why Roy Moore didn't stand down and let a different member of his party take the seat?

It's because he understood his base very well and completely underestimated the democratic base, especially the black community who came out and voted in incredible numbers. Basically he didn't step down for the same reason that McConnell stopped condemning him: they thought he could win, and neither have a working moral compass., apparently.

Party before country, in other words.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 3

Roy Moore says Alabama election result could be recounted due to legal technicality

Former judge Roy Moore said he was refusing to concede the Alabama senate race and has said it could be recounted.

In a speech to his supporters in Montgomery, he said the vote must be counted again if there is a 0.5% difference between him and the Democrat Doug Jones after all ballots are recorded. He insisted that votes were still still being counted.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/roy-moore-says-alabama-election-043907470.html

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

Roy Moore says Alabama election result could be recounted due to legal technicality

Former judge Roy Moore said he was refusing to concede the Alabama senate race and has said it could be recounted.

In a speech to his supporters in Montgomery, he said the vote must be counted again if there is a 0.5% difference between him and the Democrat Doug Jones after all ballots are recorded. He insisted that votes were still still being counted.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/roy-moore-says-alabama-election-043907470.html

The man has even less grace than the people who supported him. 

• Like 5

yes he is not an example to follow that is for  sure, he lost, normally i'd say get over it move on. but in this case, let him recount (he'll lose anyway)  dems deserve it, let him bust their balls like they have with their  russian collusion scam.he is doing the same thing to them .  payback is an ugly lady.

Edited by aztek

55 minutes ago, aztek said:

For a former Chief Justice his judgement is very suspect.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

For a former Chief Justice his judgement is very suspect.

He was fired from the Alabama Supreme Court twice for violating the Constitution.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 4

Now he is saying that he won't accept the results because the election was tainted by "outside forces".  He's beginning to sound a lot like Hillary!  Maybe he would like to start a collusion investigation?

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Now he is saying that he won't accept the results because the election was tainted by "outside forces".  He's beginning to sound a lot like Hillary!  Maybe he would like to start a collusion investigation?

He might only doing so to try to delay the seating of Jones, thereby allowing the Republicans to get their tax bill through without any problems.

Or maybe he genuinely wants an uprising? One of the main reasons for concession is so that supporters, in seeing you accept defeat, take it a bit better themselves (a bit difficult to claim an election was rigged or whatever when the candidate themselves accept the result). Can you imagine if he actually called for an uprising? Given what we know about him, I wouldn't put that outside the realm of possibility.

19 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Now he is saying that he won't accept the results because the election was tainted by "outside forces"

Not those pesky Russians again? ;)

On 12/13/2017 at 2:13 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

It's because he understood his base very well and completely underestimated the democratic base, especially the black community who came out and voted in incredible numbers. Basically he didn't step down for the same reason that McConnell stopped condemning him: they thought he could win, and neither have a working moral compass., apparently.

Party before country, in other words.

It's not that deep. Moore lost for the same reason that Clinton lost. He and she were horrible candidates with scandalous pasts. Better people likely would have won both contests.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2017 at 7:40 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

I've read the Bible and I'm fairly certain that Jesus would not be a Republican. 

That very well could be. I doubt that he's a Democrat, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Roy Moore has released a poem that he wrote himself --- :huh:

video of him reciting it on the link...

link

Republican candidate for Senate Roy Moore has released a self-written poem in the latest message to his supporters, but still hasn't conceded the election to his Democratic opponent, which is due to be certified this week.

Moore recited his poem, the story of a young girl whose father died and the Christmas miracle that later occurs, in a Facebook video.

• Like 1

and he's taken a lie detector test --

he's not going down without a fight after his close defeat --

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/roy-moore-polygraph-test-allegations-false/2017/12/28/id/834076/

Republican Roy Moore said in a challenge to his Alabama Senate special election loss that he completed a lie detector test that proved the allegations of sexual misconduct against him are not true,

according to The Hill. 
"Also provided in the complaint is an affidavit from Judge Roy Moore stating that he successfully completed a polygraph test confirming the representations of misconduct made against him during the campaign are completely false," the Moore campaign said in a press release, the website reported.

Moore has refused to concede in the Dec. 12 Alabama Senate special election that was won by Democrat Doug Jones.

On Wednesday, Moore filed a lawsuit claiming voter fraud could have led to his defeat.

On 12/13/2017 at 7:54 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

Remember when he shared all the fish and bread with people? Tories and Republicans would be calling him a communist if he tried that in this day and age :lol:

^^ This.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bee said:

Roy Moore has released a poem that he wrote himself --- :huh:

video of him reciting it on the link...

link

Who gives a rat's ***?

You, obviously.

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Who gives a rat's ***?

You, obviously.

Now --- whatever you do..... DO NOT GO ONTO THE LINK AND WATCH THE RATHER BIZARRE  RENDITION -

2 minutes ago, bee said:

Now --- whatever you do..... DO NOT GO ONTO THE LINK AND WATCH THE RATHER BIZARRE  RENDITION -

Don't worry.

I don't actually care about the ravings of a pedophile. I'm not interested in his poetry. 

20 hours ago, bee said:

and he's taken a lie detector test --

he's not going down without a fight after his close defeat --

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/roy-moore-polygraph-test-allegations-false/2017/12/28/id/834076/

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/28/politics/john-merrill-roy-moore-doug-jones-alabama-cnntv/index.html

They denied his request and certified in Doug Jones.  Looks like they want to close the book on this chapter as fast as they can.

It's too bad he waited until after the election to do the test. Polygraph tests aren't allowed as evidence in court, but I imagine those voters who were on the fence would've been swayed by the results.     

3 hours ago, simplybill said:

It's too bad he waited until after the election to do the test. Polygraph tests aren't allowed as evidence in court, but I imagine those voters who were on the fence would've been swayed by the results.     

Probably cos he was afraid of what it might say. 

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Probably cos he was afraid of what it might say. 

He claims to have been exonerated by the results. If he had taken the polygraph before the election, then he could've challenged his accusers to also take a polygraph. Their response would have been all that was necessary to sway the voters. 

So many things wrong on all sides of this issue. 

What troubles me most is how many people across the country are trying to influence all these state elections with money and outside candidates. How does that represent the people of that state accurately?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simplybill said:

He claims to have been exonerated by the results. If he had taken the polygraph before the election, then he could've challenged his accusers to also take a polygraph. Their response would have been all that was necessary to sway the voters. 

Yeah, except a polygraph isn't reliable. He's hardly going to go around claiming the polygraph showed he was lying now is he? 

What if he'd taken the test during the election and that's what it showed? The arrogant slime ball just assumed he'd win regardless. Nice to see he was wrong. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Yeah, except a polygraph isn't reliable. He's hardly going to go around claiming the polygraph showed he was lying now is he? 

What if he'd taken the test during the election and that's what it showed? The arrogant slime ball just assumed he'd win regardless. Nice to see he was wrong. 

I think it's notable that none of Mr. Moore's accusers have volunteered to take a polygraph themselves. If I was being called a liar and an opportunist, I would certainly offer to prove my own innocence on the same playing field that Mr. Moore chose to defend himself. It would make the accuser's claims much more believable.

• Like 1