Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Origins and Cygnus

Neophoenixiim

I need some assistance. Im looking for ancient mithology to support why so many temples were aligned to it. A lot points to the afterlife, but is there any supporting mythology for extraterrestrial life?  Im trying to verify or debunk my theory's that ancient mythology, Tabby's star, and Kepler 182f, which are both in the Cygnus Constellation, are all related. 

Welcome to UM @Neophoenixiim

What’s your theory? It will help people provide more specific information.

All I know is that there has never been any substantial evidence found to support that ET has ever been on Earth. So I think you’ll be on a debunking mission. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neophoenixiim said:

I need some assistance. Im looking for ancient mithology to support why so many temples were aligned to it. A lot points to the afterlife, but is there any supporting mythology for extraterrestrial life?  

A good start would be the writings of Erich von Däniken who claimed to have found evidence that there are connections between ancient history and ETs, but, he has been debunked completely.

Im trying to verify or debunk my theory's that ancient mythology, Tabby's star, and Kepler 182f, which are both in the Cygnus Constellation, are all related. 

The alignment claim is an often used one but also in your example, without logical background. Of course, Tabby's star and Kepler 182f are located in the constellation of Cygnus and maybe some temples here on Earth seem to be aligned to it more or less but that means nothing viewed from a statistical point of view. The Kepler satellite is always pointed at the constellation of Cygnus and we have found some thousands of Exoplanets there. But, Kepler is only pointed to a very little spot of the sky. So, to determine if there is accumulation of temples aligned to Exoplanets more data is required, which we dont have yet.

Here, and for your information, a post I made about Kepler`s field of view a few month ago:

For those who dont know Kepler's field of view yet I have taken a screenshot from Stellarium , which also display by Kepler detected exoplanets. The area monitored by Kepler is just 0,25% of the sky (an area that you can cover with your hand on yr sprawled arm) and K. can detect planetary systems up to a distance of 3k LY, wich is roughly 3% of the Milky Way`s diameter. But even in this very tiny spot, ca. 3.285 confimed planets have been detected already.

qU0wXRI.png

Edited by toast
  • Like 5

My house also aligns with the constellation of Cygnus, do you think it could have been built using alien knowledge? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neophoenixiim said:

I need some assistance. Im looking for ancient mithology to support why so many temples were aligned to it. A lot points to the afterlife, but is there any supporting mythology for extraterrestrial life?  Im trying to verify or debunk my theory's that ancient mythology, Tabby's star, and Kepler 182f, which are both in the Cygnus Constellation, are all related. 

You have to take "precession" in account. Thousands of years ago Thuban, one of the central stars in Draco was the North Star and Draco spun like a spiral in the sky.  There are star maps that will give you the positions of stars in the past.

• Like 3

The swan and goose was also sacred in Northern Asia and to a certain extent, Europe. It's religious status could have Proto-Indo European/ Indo-Iranian origins.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neophoenixiim said:

Constellations only tells us the direction to a star, it tells us nothing about its actual location in space. Tabby's star is 1280 light years away and Kepler-182 is 500 light years away. They are in other words seperated by 780 light years (7.410.000.000.000.000 kilometers) . That means that in reality they are nowhere near eachother. 

Edit: Corrected a stupid calculating mistake.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Constellations only tells us the direction to a star, it tells us nothing about its actual location in space. Tabby's star is 1280 light years away and Kepler-182 is 500 light years away. They are in other words seperated by 720 light years (6.840.000.000.000.000 kilometers) . That means that in reality they are nowhere near eachother. 

Like Sweden and Denmark

• Like 2

Just now, Herr Falukorv said:

Like Sweden and Denmark

Everything should be measured in relation to Denmark. We are afterall the center of the Universe and it is nice of you to acknowledge that. :P

• Like 4

My understanding is that Cygnus is the ancient Greek word for Denmark.

Harte

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Harte said:

My understanding is that Cygnus is the ancient Greek word for Denmark.

Harte

Cygnus means swan and the swann is the national bird of Denmark. Case closed ! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, seanjo said:

Erik Von Daniken is a proven liar and shyster.

Thats correct. And thats why I wrote that he has been debunked completely.

• Like 2

I may be wrong but is there any real reason backed by proof that these random sites were aligned with the various constellations? With the exception of those linked directly to our sun, there just seems like pure conjecture when making those kinds of claims.

57 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I may be wrong but is there any real reason backed by proof that these random sites were aligned with the various constellations? With the exception of those linked directly to our sun, there just seems like pure conjecture when making those kinds of claims.

A lot of ancient sites are linked to e.g. the Sun, like Stonehenge, but every time such alignments get used as to be a hint to the existence of  extraterrestrial life, its better to stop reading and to close the file.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, toast said:

A lot of ancient sites are linked to e.g. the Sun, like Stonehenge, but every time such alignments get used as to be a hint to the existence of  extraterrestrial life, its better to stop reading and to close the file.

That is my thinking as well. Our ancestors were intelligent enough to construct these sites and have them aligned with the sun for specific reasons. No need to diminish their abilities and accomplishments to justify an extraterrestrial influence that has never been proven.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trelane said:

That is my thinking as well. Our ancestors were intelligent enough to construct these sites and have them aligned with the sun for specific reasons. No need to diminish their abilities and accomplishments to justify an extraterrestrial influence that has never been proven.

Most of the time it had to do with keeping track of the months and seasons whether for planting, harvesting or conducting ceremonies at the proper date.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Piney said:

Most of the time it had to do with keeping track of the months and seasons whether for planting, harvesting or conducting ceremonies at the proper date.

Yup, it isn't hard to note where the sun rises and sets every day of the year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Will Due said:

Yup, it isn't hard to note where the sun rises and sets every day of the year. 

Nor how the stars move. The now extinct Eastern Siouian Tribes had central plazas containing poles with various stellar alignments. They weren't that advanced. Just observant. The Pawnee had star maps on hides that were also accurate just due to good powers of observation.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Constellations only tells us the direction to a star, it tells us nothing about its actual location in space. Tabby's star is 1280 light years away and Kepler-182 is 500 light years away. They are in other words seperated by 780 light years (7.410.000.000.000.000 kilometers) . That means that in reality they are nowhere near eachother. 

Edit: Corrected a stupid calculating mistake.

That's helpful. I was trying to search for their proximity to one another, but wasn't having much luck. 

I didnt realize either, that the all Kepler exoplanets were all in such a small area of the sky. It is amazing though, because we found so many planets in that small area that could host intelligent life. 

Just from that that little bit of information, and knowing the constellation use to contain the North Star during early time periods. It seems like it's just mere coincidence. 

It would be interesting to see if there are any exoplanets closer to tabby's star though. 

Thanks for all the feedback. :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Neophoenixiim said:

That's helpful. I was trying to search for their proximity to one another, but wasn't having much luck. 

I didnt realize either, that the all Kepler exoplanets were all in such a small area of the sky. It is amazing though, because we found so many planets in that small area that could host intelligent life. 

Just from that that little bit of information, and knowing the constellation use to contain the North Star during early time periods. It seems like it's just mere coincidence. 

It would be interesting to see if there are any exoplanets closer to tabby's star though. 

Cygnus has been around longer than men it just didn't know it"s name till we came along.

jmccr8

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Everything should be measured in relation to Denmark. We are afterall the center of the Universe and it is nice of you to acknowledge that. :P

But don't the Danes worship the Swedes? :devil:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

My house also aligns with the constellation of Cygnus, do you think it could have been built using alien knowledge? 

I'm pretty sure up yo 99% of my home was made using practices and materials completely alien to me.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

But don't the Danes worship the Swedes? :devil:

We don't worship Sweden...... we fight them. https://satwcomic.com/nordic-brothers 

Who in their right mind would worship a bunch of ABBA singing, IKEA owning, Volvo driving, surströmning eating weirdoes ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Neophoenixiim said:

Allways glad to help. :tu:

18 hours ago, Neophoenixiim said:

is there any supporting mythology for extraterrestrial life?  

Perhaps.

I could tell you something about "extraterrestrial life" and where to find information about it but . . . .

it will depend on whether you're interested in myths or in the truth.

Edited by Will Due