Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Origins and Cygnus

Neophoenixiim

11 hours ago, Jarocal said:

No, just no!

That is far too simple a method for getting an accurate alignment to the sunrise. Advanced unattested astronomical gadgetry or possibly even extraterrestrial assistance must have been utilized.

Next you will try and tell me that it is possible to lay out complicated geometric shapes with that same stick and some string. Or you can draw a circle on a piece of wood with a scribing instrument, two nails and a framing square...:rolleyes:

oops!!!!  My bad!!!!!

• Like 1

I'd toss out that there are probably many jobs that used to be historically common but these days are rare and hard to come buy. 

Every village used to have a blacksmith. But the mentality and inclinations that make a decent blacksmith don't necessarily translate well to modern cnc jobs or manufacturing. 

As for homosexuality, it's true it doesn't present an obvious biological benefit, but there's been studies that show that in families with homosexual members the children of the siblings thrive better. 

In animals, for example swans, it's been noted that when two male geese who've paired of steel the nest of a hetero couple, the resulting gosling have a greater survival chance. 

Within the population, not the individual, there does seem to be some benefit in having those genes circulating. 

• Like 1