Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted Woods ?

Don Frye

Yes, it is possible and does happen that open land, woods, etc. are inhabited by spirits, some good and some bad.  My family and I lived on some heavily wooded property deep in the Texas Hill Country for a while and we had experiences with spirits there.   Never saw them but heard sounds they made.

Basically I believe spirits are everywhere, some are helpful and some want to hurt you.  I'm disabled and live in an apt. where the sidewalk has an incline going from the parking lot going to it, and in one place is curved as well.   One day I had a grocery store cart with groceries and trying to get to the apt.   I got stuck about where the curve is in the sidewalk and was afraid of falling over, basket and all.   Trying to straighten the basket out it felt as though someone took the far end of the basket and gently pulled it and me around the curve a short way, and then I was able to get to the apt. and get my groceries in.  It was not chance, as I actually felt the pull on the basket.

• Like 1

Located at the base of Mt. Fuji, Aokigahara is perhaps the most infamous forest in all of Japan. Also known as the Sea of Trees, Suicide Forest, and Japan's Demon Forest, Aokigahara has been home to over 500 confirmed suicides since the 1950s. Called "the perfect place to die," it's the world's second most popular place for suicide (the Golden Gate Bridge being the first).

I'm surprised no one mentioned this forrest. The suicide forrest of Japan. 

Japanese death forrest.

Edited by Sooth Sayer

On 12/9/2017 at 8:58 AM, Don Frye said:

Hello to all from Iowa ! I'll get right to my question then wait for a reply.

Is it possible for a open land area such as timber, forrest ect to be haunted or occupied by spirit's or ghosts?

Thanks.

Yes, it is indeed quite possible.

grman.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:06 AM, papageorge1 said:

The answer depends on who you ask of course. My answer is 'Yes'. There are energy locations that are prime real estate for the paranormal. And also places of great past emotional trauma are also more frequented by activity.

The best example of a  haunted forest is Hoia Forest in Romania. I watched an American investigation team go there and a guy was thrown about 20 feet from where he was sitting. And that is just one event I saw.

I saw that, it was on Destination Truth with Josh Gates. They went back to that same forest a few years later and the guy that was thrown teamed up with them for that particular episode. He sat back in the same spot on his own and his ears started to bleed. Very strange.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucient said:

I saw that, it was on Destination Truth with Josh Gates. They went back to that same forest a few years later and the guy that was thrown teamed up with them for that particular episode. He sat back in the same spot on his own and his ears started to bleed. Very strange.

Destination Truth is for entertainment purposes only. That's why everything he investigates comes up "inconclusive"

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Narcisse said:

Destination Truth is for entertainment purposes only. That's why everything he investigates comes up "inconclusive"

Well that can be said of all shows of that kind. Anyway I wasn't saying it was real, I was just elaborating on what papageorge had posted. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I live in Romania and can confirm that that certain episode of Destination Truth was for entertainment purposes or rating only. Not saying the forest doesn't have its mysteries, though.