Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

thetruthseek

I think i have been hearing a ghost whistle for years and didn't even notice it was paranormal. I live beside three other houses with my family and down the road from us is the local football pitch. Just behind our house is a factory. Anyways for the last few years i have been hearing a synchronised whistlng sound coming from that football pitch. It's the same exact whistle every time and happens even when there is no one at the pitch. I always just thought there was obviously some explanation for it but never really knew what exactly it was. I assumed everyone else in my house could hear it when it happened too. I was wrong though. Apparently my sisters heard a banshee at 2am last night and they said it was really loud and sort of like a crying baby. One sister heard it and got the other sister down and they opened the window and it was even louder. That's funny because i didn't hear anything and i was up at 2am although i had my headphones on. But apparently only women can hear banshees and i'm a 21 year old male. My sisters are 16=17 and they would not lie about hearing something like that i know for sure. Anyways i was talking to my mam about it and i mentioned to her the whistling sound i hear most days coming from the football pitch and she mentioned something about some man dying at the factory behind our house years ago. I also asked her if she heard the sound too and she said no. I've been hearing this for years and it happens at least twice a week and the sound comes multiple times yet she has never heard it. It's loud enough to be heard too. I've always had this feeling that our area is haunted too. Does anyone have any other explanation for this or any explanation at all?

• Like 1

The question here is,

What's your take on this??

A ghost whistle.. like a dog whistle but works on ghosts.

• Like 1

they don't know for sure if it's a banshee. They just said it could be. 

Also my take is that there has to be some explanation for the whistling sound but i can't really think of one. 

• Like 1

Guys i should mention that the whistling sounds like on of those whistles referees use but it's so synchronised and happens when no one is even at the football pitch. 

• Like 1

Some people have better hearing than others and some people can pick up humming of whistling sounds very well. But it is also annoying. 

When living in the city i could pick up all sorts of humming and whistling sounds. No ghosts, just elecricity and masts. a block of flats opposite me has a large extractor fan...it drove me crazy at night time but no one else in my flat heard it.

Have you been to the football pitch or factory? Guarantee you will find the answer there in one of their equipment.

Just because you can hear it does not mean everyone else can.

Forget this ridiculous ghost whistle thing, its obviously coming from the football pitch area or factory.. factory, that should give you a clue.

• Like 2

Or Not.. Trust and listen to your instinct...

20 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

A ghost whistle.. like a dog whistle but works on ghosts.

Yes.. Exactly.. 

Ghosts though, have their own, routine...

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Forget this ridiculous ghost whistle thing, its obviously coming from the football pitch area or factory.. factory, that should give you a clue.

What if its not coming from the field??

Well the factory is right behind my house and i can tell the whistling isn't that close. It sounds like it's coming from the football pitch. I have been to the football pitch many times and it's only a small little pitch with a tiny building next to it with a small gym and some equipment. I have been in every are of the bulding multiple times too and there is nothing that would make that sound. Even if my hearing is better than the other peoples in my house they should still be able to hear it as it is definitely loud enough to be heard by anyone in my house. You're probably right that it isn't anything paranormal but i still want to figure out what it is exactly for my own sanity lol.

• Like 1

I believe, that the Whistle is your key into the unknown.. The frequency unlocks knowledge for you..

It is not paranormal.. It is Natural..

13 minutes ago, thetruthseek said:

can you elaborate on that

It can be the Land, giving you a ground hog day Residual, that replays..

If the whistle is high frequency. That is good.. Higher refined energies, are better than low dense ones...

1 hour ago, MauriOra said:

What if its not coming from the field??

Best check out the football pitch and factory before we go woowoo. 

High chance with those nearby, especially a factory...that it is  coming from one of them, seeing it is coming from that direction

There does not have to be people on site for these places to make these noices, they do not shut everything off when they go home.

1 hour ago, thetruthseek said:

It's the same exact whistle every time and happens even when there is no one at the pitch

How do you know there is no one there...maybe there is a security guard. Or have you been over there at that time?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thetruthseek said:

Does anyone have any other explanation for this or any explanation at all?

It would be hard for us to know from a distance but if you haven't done so already, I would recommend doing a little internet research on banshees and ghost whistles. I 'd be curious to hear of any theories you think might apply to your case.

• Like 1

Where abouts in the world do you live? Have your sisters researched nocturnal animals? I mean, chances are it’s an animal and not a banshee. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thetruthseek said:

So you're saying i'm stuck in a sort of time warp?

Possibly.. I'm saying, If you Hear this, it is for You.. The Message.. 

What exactly do you mean by synchronized? Occurring at the same time each day? Have you ever thought about trying to record the sound?

Since you say no one else hears this you may want to have yourself checked for tinnitus. Usually it’s a ringing in the ears but people also cane experience other noises like buzzing or whistling.

• Like 1

Welcome to UM @thetruthseek,

Im sure there’s a perfectly normal explanation.

Separate the banshee/haunted/guy dying in factory stuff because that’s just going to bias you and they sound like a different story altogether for another thread.

Firstly, as others have said, people have different hearing sensitivity. Not just amplitude, but it can be at specific frequency ranges also. So it’s possible that you can hear it more easily than other family members, that or they just don’t notice it.

As @SecretSanta asked above, can you better explain the synchronization you mentioned? Same frequency? Same duration? Same times of day? Multiple times in a row? 

Where do you hear it? Just in your house? In specific rooms? Outside? 

What kind of factory is it? Any chance we can have its company name/location? (Do not disclose your location if privacy is a concern)

As for direction of the sound, it’s possible that it’s coming from a direction you don’t realize, and that it’s just reflected into your house from the direction of the field.

Now, if you want to work out what it is:

Step 1: Record it. If you hear it but you can’t record it, see a doctor. (Test the recording device first to make sure it’s more sensitive than your ears, a smartphone or reasonable gaming headset etc. should be sufficient)  

Step 2: Post the recording here so we can listen, someone might be able to identify it, but if not, it will still help. 

Step 3: Get some kind of diary and record when you hear it. A pattern may emerge.

That will help you start to get a bit more of an idea of what it is. Then we can look deeper if required.

Edit: Have you tried to record it? Have any of the neighbors heard it? You could always ask them too.

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.
  • Like 1

Okay so the "banshee" is most likely just some foxes since we seem to be getting them often around our area. The whistling sound i haven't heard in a few weeks but i will record it next time i hear it if i can in time. When i say it's synchronized i mean it's one whistle which lasts about 1 second and then a second whistle which lasts about a second a a half straight after the first one and it's always them exact same whistles. I'm not even sure exactly what the factory is but i think it makes chicken feed. I only seem to ever hear the noise when i'm around my house. It comes from the back of my house so i usually hear it when i'm out in the back garden or in any of the rooms in the back of my house, like my kitchen or my bedroom. 

• Like 1