Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Headlights

UM-Bot

By: John | Location: Morgan County, Alabama

I've had a few things happen in my life to make me take a 2nd glance, but overall, I don't believe in the paranormal beyond a personal belief in God. That being said I like this kinda thing as entertainment, but the story you're about to read is true. 

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111985/mysterious-headlights

• 1 month later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• dd07

• MissJatti

• jowasmus

I live on the same rarely used road that my dad lived on growing up. Him and his sister used to tell us stories like this. They said their mum (my grandmother who passed away before I was born) had seen the lights. Apparently there was an accident involving a death on the road some time in the past but I don't know the details of it. Other family members have claimed to have thought a car was approaching, never to pass one. Here in Australia we have a legend about the "ming-ming" lights which I think are supposed to be spiritual lights that appear and disappear without explanation. People seem to see them when driving at night, especially on quiet roads in the desert. It's definitely interesting stuff.

• 5 weeks later...

So your lights were dipped, their light were dipped. So their lights are still there, their lights never went off? The lights didn't pass you? So that means the lights is still in the distance??? Did you hear their car?

So many questions in this story

• 8 months later...

@MissJatti: Sorry I took so long to reply. I'd lost the website & then my name & password here on the site, but I dimmed my head lights at the other vehicle & I thought I saw theirs dim as well, but the road has several hills & I lost sight of the car & their lights as we went over the hills. We went over more than one hill after I dimmed my lights & I just didn't think about it till I realized we never passed anybody & there were no places to turn or get off the road.

Besides seeing the lights, which I assumed to be a vehicle in the distance, and see them dim theirs in response, we never saw whatever kind of vehicle it was, nor heard anything, nor saw any sign of anybody between Falkville & Hartselle at that time.

Any more questions?