Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
ExpandMyMind

Kansas's ravaged economy a cautionary tale

27 posts in this topic

On 12/25/2017 at 9:53 AM, Area201 said:

This Guy Sent Trump's Treasury Secretary A Pile Of Manure For Christmas

Kansas is an example what happens. The Ravagged Economy and Jobless Act 

As for Strong, who is still waiting to potentially get arrested or fired, he told KPCC that he has seen an "intense increase in homelessness" and believes Trump's economic policies are exacerbating the problem and someone needs to stand up and do something.

California has more Homeless, because they are so free with the handouts. If I was homeless, I'd go to a big city in California too. 

The main cause is lack of affordable housing, I think. For instance, in Hillsboro Oregon, they are opening up a new area of the Growth Boundry and putting in infrastructure to build 50,000 more homes. Now, are those going to be $1000 a month apartments, or $450,000 homes, that cost $2400 a month? That's right... $450,000 houses. The housing contractors and developers are just greedy.

1 person likes this

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marco-rubio-tax-bill-probably-223145071.html

Rubio expressed his reservations in an interview with southwest Florida’s News-Press Thursday, noting he thinks Republicans probably gave corporations too much of a handout.

“If I were king for a day, this tax bill would have looked different,” he said. “I thought we probably went too far on [helping] corporations.”

The senator believes the bill ― which is projected to add $1.4 trillion to the deficit over the next decade unless it can offset those losses via economic growth ― probably won’t result in multinational corporations investing their sudden windfall in hiring and expanding.

Instead, it’s more likely to line the pockets of their shareholders.

“By and large, you’re going to see a lot of these multinationals buy back shares to drive up the price,” Rubio predicted. “Some of them will be forced, because they’re sitting on historic levels of cash, to pay out dividends to shareholders.

“That isn’t going to create dramatic economic growth.”