Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
AMPis40

Theory on Existentialism/God Problem/Purpose

28 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

AMPis40

So I believe I may have an answer to two of the major most philosophical questions:

- Existentialism

- The God Problem

Basically, with no guarantee of the current legitimacy of such concepts as The Anthropic Principle, (such as the US Constitution itself is outdated, perhaps said philosophical concepts are an antiquated human-only concept which can be rendered obsolete in our absence), the mere observation and acknowledgement of our existence is a human construct born out of our egos and universal arrogance.

Now, if you take this, and realize the primary issue with the God Problem in philosophy is the absence of a universal equality lying within purpose and free will, perhaps then we are headed towards mass obsolescence, wherein we as humans will:

1) have no purpose as a whole

2) have no reason for argument regarding our status on the planet itself (The Anthropic Principle covers our existence cosmically, not necessarily on our planet).

And if you look towards the seemingly inevitable race towards an Artificial Superintelligence existentialism upon our planet, can we not make claim the very principles are not too valid for them? They will, after all, observe the very same universe as us. And surely they will not befit of the same laws of environmental necessities as do we? And so too as with to follow after it?

So in summation, is there any good argument we will not rendered obsolete by an Artificial Superintelligence, wherein we ultimately become a mere tiny fraction within the line of numerous forms of life to exist on our planet still? Do we not even HAVE a purpose, other than to exist as many others do and likely will exist, after?

If so...the only true purpose: is just BE. You needn’t be important or better or what have you. Just......BE. And enjoy it while you can. 2764.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seeder

so...err...what is it, in a nutshell....that youre asking?  Do try to make it a one or two sentence answer pls, its late here

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet

Why do we need a purpose?  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
2 hours ago, AMPis40 said:

 

If so...the only true purpose: is just BE. You needn’t be important or better or what have you. Just......BE. And enjoy it while you can. 2764.png

You have an Amazing Mind.. And you are absolutely Right...

We must wear One face within all situations..to Truly Be Thy Self..

In our Minds and hearts, through societal ruling, we behave as if we are different Characters, we have a different Mask, for different Situations.. 

The word Freewill is just a Word until the Action is done.. Then its Just ..WILL.. Free is a Mindset.. 

Be Alive, Be Happy, Be anything that Expresses in You, the Human Expression...

In Life Creation...xx

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
51 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Why do we need a purpose?  

Because some people need to feel special.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
2 hours ago, AMPis40 said:

If so...the only true purpose: is just BE. You needn’t be important or better or what have you. Just......BE. And enjoy it while you can. 2764.png

This may come as somewhat of a shock but you are not the first to arrive at this thought.  Welcome.  It is still an accomplishment to arrive.  Your existence  is part of the information contained in the universe.  No matter what has happened or will happen, you are data that cannot be erased.  Might not be as good as Valhalla, but we take what we can get.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Why do we need a purpose?  

Peace to You...

Purpose is Action.. We need action in Life or we become Enertians, we watch others Participate in Life..

The Most asked question to Self is .. What is My purpose??  

For Me,

My Purpose is to Stop the Systematic Control on the Minds and in the Hearts, of Humanity..

This is Easy, because I know, who I am and I know I can Make Change.. So I Go do..

To get it Done!!...PURPOSE!!...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
6 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

This may come as somewhat of a shock but you are not the first to arrive at this thought.  Welcome.  It is still an accomplishment to arrive.  Your existence  is part of the information contained in the universe.  No matter what has happened or will happen, you are data that cannot be erased.  Might not be as good as Valhalla, but we take what we can get.

This is Beautifully said Friend.. Wonderful....

However,

I want you to Know, this World and what we have right Here, right Now, is an Amazing wonder.. I definitely recieve teachings of Life in Nature,  and I give back, with reverence to the Sun, moon, stars and Nature.. The Real Gods..

Life is in the Mind..

and you are what your thoughts think, what your heart feels and what your Mind Sets..

Be of cheer and hope...xx..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
39 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Because some people need to feel special.

Hello Friend xx

All people are Special.. Unique and Beautiful..This is our Purpose..To shine our Light and spread our own Unique Beauty wherever life takes Us..

I am glad of it.. To have Difference, is the Variety and Spice of Life..

And most Importantly, Lends a Wider Perspective, outside of Our own Lifestyle...

Learning and Teaching Simultaneously..

Peace to you..xx

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
57 minutes ago, AMPis40 said:

Thank you :)^_^

You are Most Welcome....

Peace to you and yours xx

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija
6 hours ago, AMPis40 said:

 And so too as with to follow after it?

 

What? :blink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
7 hours ago, AMPis40 said:

The God Problem

What god problem?

I do not believe in a god, so i have no problem and it really is as simple as that.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
8 hours ago, AMPis40 said:

So I believe I may have an answer to two of the major most philosophical questions:

- Existentialism

- The God Problem

Basically, with no guarantee of the current legitimacy of such concepts as The Anthropic Principle, (such as the US Constitution itself is outdated, perhaps said philosophical concepts are an antiquated human-only concept which can be rendered obsolete in our absence), the mere observation and acknowledgement of our existence is a human construct born out of our egos and universal arrogance.

Now, if you take this, and realize the primary issue with the God Problem in philosophy is the absence of a universal equality lying within purpose and free will, perhaps then we are headed towards mass obsolescence, wherein we as humans will:

1) have no purpose as a whole

2) have no reason for argument regarding our status on the planet itself (The Anthropic Principle covers our existence cosmically, not necessarily on our planet).

And if you look towards the seemingly inevitable race towards an Artificial Superintelligence existentialism upon our planet, can we not make claim the very principles are not too valid for them? They will, after all, observe the very same universe as us. And surely they will not befit of the same laws of environmental necessities as do we? And so too as with to follow after it?

So in summation, is there any good argument we will not rendered obsolete by an Artificial Superintelligence, wherein we ultimately become a mere tiny fraction within the line of numerous forms of life to exist on our planet still? Do we not even HAVE a purpose, other than to exist as many others do and likely will exist, after?

If so...the only true purpose: is just BE. You needn’t be important or better or what have you. Just......BE. And enjoy it while you can. 2764.png

Well, duuuh!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hre2breal
32 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Well, duuuh!

I dont get that...sorry...AMPis40 I thought has a very delicately humble but efficiently powerful way of expressing his/her point of view an I applaud your train of thought AMPis40 thank you.Very interesting..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
1 hour ago, Hre2breal said:

I dont get that...sorry...AMPis40 I thought has a very delicately humble but efficiently powerful way of expressing his/her point of view an I applaud your train of thought AMPis40 thank you.Very interesting..

For an agnostic like myself, "just be" is a no-brainer. The meaning of life is procreation end of...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hre2breal
16 minutes ago, seanjo said:

For an agnostic like myself, "just be" is a no-brainer. The meaning of life is procreation end of...

I understand you now...Disagree but hey, each to their own...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
3 hours ago, seanjo said:

For an agnostic like myself, "just be" is a no-brainer. The meaning of life is procreation end of...

The literal meaning of life is whatever keeps you from killing yourself. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StarMountainKid

We're just animals with an evolved level of intelligence somewhat greater than the rest of the animals on this planet. Our species is due for extinction at some future moment, so I think we could all go home and take care of our own gardens and enjoy our own true personal lives, that is, if our own personal psychologies would let us. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
21 hours ago, MauriOra said:

this World and what we have right Here, right Now, is an Amazing wonder.

Nice.  so true.  Thanks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
20 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Nice.  so true.  Thanks.

You are Most Welcome..xx..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The literal meaning of life is whatever keeps you from killing yourself. 

Only Humans consider or carry out suicide because they aren't happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
53 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Only Humans consider or carry out suicide because they aren't happy.

Without meaning or some kind of purpose, people often do. So with this in mind, the literal meaning of life is whatever prevents you from ending it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

Does 'Life' ever truly ends though ?

The Separation only exists in the mind, only that ends in a manner of speaking, the rest just returns back to the 'great' cycle of Life ... for whatever that's worth ...

~

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra
11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Without meaning or some kind of purpose, people often do. So with this in mind, the literal meaning of life is whatever prevents you from ending it.

And what will Prevent One from Ending Life...

Strength and Purpose in Life.

A Positive Attitude..

Love Thy Self......

When one can fully accept who they are, with all the bells and whistles, then One can accept Others and Live in Life and not just " Exist "....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.