Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has an Alien Probe entered our space?

seeder

I wonder, did such an extrasolar visitor wipe out the dinosaurs?

what a time to be alive if you have an interest in alien life.this will probably have an natural explanation.it seems mankind is trying harder than ever to find alien life,there seems to be anouncments all the time about possible life elsewhere theres the recent google ai discovery tomorrow,this cigar shaped ufo,the recently alien megastructure,all the exoplanet announcements,fast radio bursts,oceans on saturns moon,the upcoming probe on mars,the james webb telescope,breakthrough listen.seems were closer than ever hope fully anyway.most will be explained naturally but still an exciting time nonetheless.

why do we always assume inteligent life is curious or adventourous like us?maybe there that smart that they think space travel is useless and there brains are bigger than ours(if they have a brain)what if there planet is blessedwith so much natural resources they don't need to fly into space,or there cursed and they live on a planet plaqued with natural disasters so all there money and resources go on keeping them safe.i actually think intelligent life couldbe quite common in the universe but just completely different from us and notnecisarily spacefarers like us.though they races will exist id imagine.just my thoughts its exciting times if you have an interest in this subject like myself.peace people.

9 hours ago, Codemonger said:

Again, a big no-no, like I said artificial intelligence will show us why, it’s all in the math.

The planet will not be destroyed by the Sun or a Super Nova , not in mankind’s lifetime on this earth.

God Bless! 

Yep not in Human lifetime, but why it's always all about human ?

9 hours ago, Codemonger said:

Again, a big no-no, like I said artificial intelligence will show us why, it’s all in the math

Genetic engineering - It's here and it's the future so get used to it.  If it's all in the math then you must clearly have done said math to know this. If so then why do we need artificial intelligence to show us why? 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Codemonger said:

Yes I know the Math for this

Please could you present just a snippet of the maths involved in working this out.  

19 minutes ago, Codemonger said:

and large companies in the Artificial Intelligence Sector as well as Academic still do not fully understand

Fully understand what? 

22 minutes ago, Codemonger said:

I don’t need to get used to anything

You do if you think we won't be genetically engineering ourselves, animals and the environment.  If this will be a good thing remains to be seen but it will happen.

23 minutes ago, Codemonger said:

You probably thought Trump would never get elected in the US and he did - defying all odds - so I would say to you, get used to it. 

I predicted both Brexit and Trump's election but I fail to see what this has to do with anything at all? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Codemonger said:

It's not about predicting Trumps election, it was mathematically impossible for him to win, yet he did, time and time again

Clearly it wasn't mathematically impossible for him to win. What on earth makes you think it was?

8 minutes ago, Codemonger said:

The math isn't complex, the explanation is; I already have presented something that should help on my website in regards to a Cubic Hermite Spline and Sigmoid Function , although my use of the word domain is incorrect - can't recall the term for a value between 0.0 and 1.0 (not important to me). It's math thats been around for a long time, its not complex but the curve is much more natural and it plays a part in this explanation

This doesn't explain anything at all.  Have you seriously dedicated a website to this? Oh my.

41 minutes ago, Codemonger said:

I don't work at Google, IBM, or Nasa, or anywhere special

I somehow don't find this surprising.

41 minutes ago, Codemonger said:

I probably belong on a different continent with less prejudice and more emphasis on 'free' to the world or at least someone willing to do something with it

This sentence doesn't make sense grammatically so I'm not sure what you were trying to say.

42 minutes ago, Codemonger said:

So In the meantime I will leave it to those smart fellows to figure out, and I guess do what they do best and make money on.

To figure out what exactly and make money on what exactly? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Codemonger said:

It wasn't mathematically possible, Trump was chosen in order to win for various reasons. Mankind has such tunnel vision, they can only see ahead in the direction their headlights shine and whats in front of them as they drive.

I can't address your other theories, Codemonger, but I would challenge the above statement. There is no mathematics behind the election, other than counting responses in surveys and polls, and they where simply wrong. People said one thing to the pollsters (possibly because they where afraid that their answers would be leaked to employers etc, and they would suffer retribution), but - in the privacy of the polling booth - voted for their actual intentions.

Mathematics is neutral; if you feed in the "wrong" numbers, then you will get a "wrong" output. That is what happened in the presidential election. Trumps win was "impossible" according to the maths, but only because the input figures where wrong. Don't blame the maths, or aliens, or whatever. Blame the polling organisations.

(or perhaps more accurately, blame the viciousness of Trumps opponents for creating a 'climate of fear' in which people gave the pollsters "safe" answers, and not their actual voting intentions. )

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 6

I dont believe anyone will come and visit us the odds are just abysmal..

If we were able to send out starships that could reach other stars wouldnt we send them towards the center of the galaxy??
There are more stars towards the center and they are closer to each other.
So the odds of finding life are better,

Why travel around here in the outskirts?

youareheregalaxy.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Codemonger said:

That's not true, mathematically Hillary was supposed to win - there was a reason Trump was chosen, and definately not the 'Chosen One' .. but chosen. Hardly simple politics, no different than the math surrounding a month of Hollywood stars coming out about sexual abuse etc. and can't hold it in :) - hardly a movement. 

Mathematics is not neutral at least probabilities, ultimately there is an equal chance of something happening and I can tell you your not in charge of that last roll of the dice.

"It's the Economy Stupid" ...

God Bless!

You clearly do not understand the term 'mathematically impossible' and in fact I'm beginning to wonder if you even understand what you yourself write in your posts.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Codemonger said:

That's not true, mathematically Hillary was supposed to win - there was a reason Trump was chosen, and definately not the 'Chosen One' .. but chosen. Hardly simple politics, no different than the math surrounding a month of Hollywood stars coming out about sexual abuse etc. and can't hold it in :) - hardly a movement. 

Mathematics is not neutral at least probabilities, ultimately there is an equal chance of something happening and I can tell you your not in charge of that last roll of the dice.

God Bless!

This is not "mathmatics", this is just counting the results from surveys and opinion polls. We're going round in circles. Nobody was "chosen", other than by the electorate. The result was unexpected purely because people where uncomfortable with exhibiting pro-Trump feelings in the surveys, so they lied, and hence rendered the polls unreliable.

Garbage in, garbage out. No mystery.

Now, back to the asteroid. I must admit I was intrigued. Going back to PROPER mathematics; is there an explanation as to how this "cylinder/splinter" isn't tumbling over its long axis ?

• Like 5

On 13/12/2017 at 3:24 PM, Codemonger said:

I'm glad your questioning things with Reasonability ... If you think, at this point in your technological stage you are already searching for life elsewhere  - then guess what has already been done with advanced civilizations, they found this planet long ago. 

Of course we should have reasonable doubt about visitors from other stars.
There might be species out there capable of interstellar travel but I dont think they have been here.
If so they are long since gone.
As I wrote in my earlier post its better to go for the center,

Theories or stories about them still being here is so ridiculous,
Our bacteria flora would probably be so alien to them that they would all die horribly.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

is there an explanation as to how this "cylinder/splinter" isn't tumbling over its long axis ?

Oumuamua is tumbling

The discovery of 1I/2017 U1 ('Oumuamua) has provided the first glimpse of a planetesimal born in another planetary system. This interloper exhibits a variable colour, within a range that is broadly consistent with local small bodies such as the P/D type asteroids, Jupiter Trojans, and dynamically excited Kuiper Belt Objects. 1I/'Oumuamua appears unusually elongated in shape, with an axial ratio exceeding 5:1. Rotation period estimates are inconsistent and varied, with reported values between 6.9 and 8.3 hours. Here we analyse all reliable optical photometry reported to date. No single rotation period can explain the exhibited brightness variations. Rather, 1I/'Oumuamua appears to be in an excited rotational state undergoing Non-Principal Axis (NPA) rotation, or tumbling.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1711.11530

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
On 12/12/2017 at 11:45 AM, Codemonger said:

Probably True - whoever 'they' are. Unfortunately humans are notorious for controling and keeping secrets - Look at American Politics right now and all the secrets coming out that someone in 'Charge' decided to keep wrapped up away from the public eye. Maybe these things will Usher in an Era of Transparency. 

I know if I was an extraterrestrial and I knew how greedy, lying, thieving, controlling, and manipulating people are I would want nothing to do with them and would be in hiding lol.

God Bless! 

ohh, dont say that on this page, most amercians believe their government always tells the truth!!!! their gov is the one and only true power! :P

On 12/12/2017 at 11:44 AM, Will Due said:

They?

Who's "they?"

the people is tracking and listening to this!! most people who tried to release info was either killed or their career destroyed. Gov will step in and say no its just a rock, now watch CNN for your real news, watch kim kardasian do something stupid

On 12/13/2017 at 10:21 AM, Codemonger said:

God Bless!

Mathematically Hillary lost. Your post is alike the whiny losers that complain their football team lost the game despite playing a better game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Codemonger said:

That makes no sense, I live in Canada and Trump was my pick well before the election started. Won a game I couldn’t even attend. 

God Bless!

You live in Canada and do not understand that the popular vote is not what elects presidents. That's okay. I'm from the US and I do know about McDonald and Canadian confederation in PEI.

The US Constitution grants powers to different groups. It grants the election of the president to the states. Each state decides how to choose representatives to pick the president. Most states use a winner takes all method. Hillary got less state votes than Trump. She lost. The news was full of whiners after the election that a different method should h ave been chosen to elect the president. The rules for the election of the president are straightforward. The thing to remember is that popular vote applies only to a state and not the country as a whole.

PS. Love traveling in Canada. Entienne Cartier house is all decorated for the holidays at this time of year in case you are near Montreal.

13 hours ago, geraldnewfie said:

ohh, dont say that on this page, most amercians believe their government always tells the truth!!!! their gov is the one and only true power! :P

Were you serious on this part?   

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2017 at 5:21 PM, Codemonger said:

I've watched every presidential election since 1988.  I don't follow Canadian politics, except in the last two months when I found out how bad our Prime Minister has been. I prefer the American system, it is much more transparent and inclusive of citizens. 

God Bless!

Give me the British/Canadian system over the American one.

On 13/12/2017 at 3:14 PM, Herr Falukorv said:

I dont believe anyone will come and visit us the odds are just abysmal..

If we were able to send out starships that could reach other stars wouldnt we send them towards the center of the galaxy??
There are more stars towards the center and they are closer to each other.
So the odds of finding life are better,

Why travel around here in the outskirts?

youareheregalaxy.jpg

According to British scientists, you're wrong. Life is probably more likely towards the edge of our Milky Way galaxy than towards the centre.

To support life as we know it, planets must have liquid water and orbit in the right place in their solar systems, not too close and not too far from their star. Similarly, life will not emerge or survive for long near the centers of galaxies. Here, the high density of stars means that at any given time several could be exploding, frying off a planet’s ozone layer and exposing any surface life to deadly ultraviolet rays.

So in the new study, researchers led by physicist Duncan Forgan of the University of St. Andrews in Fife, U.K., focused on the regions far from a galaxy’s center. They used computer simulations to model an entire Milky Way–like galaxy and its neighbors, the Andromeda and Triangulum galaxies. They then simulated the distribution of gas, stars, and planetary systems within those whorls of stars. Finally, they allowed these galaxies to evolve over billions of years, while mapping out their evolving habitable zones. “We’re the first to look at how the history of galaxies affects their habitability,” Forgan says.

For every type of star in the simulation, Forgan and his colleagues estimated the probability that terrestrial planets would form, some of which might be Earth–like or might be as inhospitable as Mercury. They also estimated the chance that a giant planet as large as Neptune would form near the star, as it would disrupt potential earths that could have assembled there. Then they analyzed the likelihood of short-lived life-friendly worlds that happened to be in stellar systems too close to dying, exploding stars.

The team’s simulations show, perhaps not surprisingly, that potentially habitable planets are more likely to remain so if they form in areas far from dense conglomerations of stars, where more supernova explosions occur. The results indicate that for the Milky Way and other spiral galaxies, the most dangerous regions are in the galactic centers, whereas the more diffuse spiral arms pose fewer hazards and are therefore more hospitable to life. Earth lies near the inner edge of this habitable zone.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/12/most-likely-spots-life-milky-way

• Like 1