Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White House Warns CNN

Piney

It's kinda their job to ask questions. 

If the Trump team can't handle it, then that just raises bigger questions. 

• Like 5

silencing lying press is a duty,  too bad trump stops at that, i'd ban clinton news network from WH all together. there is plenty of news stations attend those meetings to publish answers to their questions. and what prez.  said. there will be nothing negative in any way if cnn is not one of them.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Oh PuuuuurLEASE. There is nothing in the constitution that requires that the Press are free to attend a White House "photo-opportunity".

The press is free. Free to investigate, and to publish. It does NOT have a constitutional mandate to be granted access to White House staff. (up to and including the President). It is expected to work for a living :P

No Fascists where empowered during the making of this story.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 5

The press has not been silenced.

Please show me an example where CNN has not been able to present their opinions on-air.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

........Yet

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2

Just now, .ZZ. said:

Please show me an example where CNN has not been able to present their opinions on-air.

of course not, they still spew their lies like nothing happened.  it would be good precedent if lying media stations was taught a lesson, and actually silenced for real. it would make others to think twice before lying. i would not lose a second of sleep if cnn just disappeared.. thou i prbly would not even notice, i never read\ listen\watch cnn.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Will USA Today be "silenced" because of this story?

USA Today calls Trump unfit to clean Obama’s toilets in scathing editorial

Source

• Like 1

17 hours ago, aztek said:

they sure deserve it. maybe an  irs audit should teach them  a lesson. an audit every year for 10 years

So the government should use its power to suppress opposing opinions.

Classy as ever aztek. 

• Like 2

On 14/12/2017 at 8:51 PM, Setton said:

So the government should use its power to suppress opposing opinions.

Classy as ever aztek. 

I think Aztec is referring to the fact Donnie Turnip has been audited by the IRS every year for the past decade. Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence....

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I think Aztec is referring to the fact Donnie Turnip has been audited by the IRS every year for the past decade. Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence....

If I may, I believe he's talking about the IRS targeting conservative groups, among others, during the Obama administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/politics/irs-targeting-tea-party-liberals-democrats.html

• Like 1

Either way, it’s not saying the government should use the IRS as a weapon, but rather its entirely possible the government HAS used the IRS as a weapon in the past. 

• Like 2

I said this a year ago;

The White House does not have room for half the things everyone is trying to cram in there, why not just put the press offices across the street, in Blaire House?

And what do they even need a "Press Corps" in there for, anyway? Just do daily briefings, and make it an open house. You know, an auditorium, 100 seats for accredited reporters, and it would be first-come first-served, instead of the same old barnacles with the same old lines.

I bet the media would have a cow, Aristocrats don't like having to take part in something so .... dare I say, Democratic.

But at the end of the day the same old people would be saying the same old things anyway, so why not just do it?

22 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Either way, it’s not saying the government should use the IRS as a weapon, but rather its entirely possible the government HAS used the IRS as a weapon in the past. 

As far back as I can remember, they were the only ones caught. Not that it hasn't happened in the past. It may not have been on my radar.