Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Aquila King

Animal Ghosts

41 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Aquila King

You always hear of human ghosts, but rarely do you ever hear of animal ghost sightings.

I'd think you'd hear more of them since there are more animals then humans on the planet.

I mean yeah, you do hear of the occasional 'ghost cat' or something, but even then it's rather rare.

Any ghost enthusiasts out there care to explain?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney

Colin Wilson gathered a lot of stories. I use to have all his books but they were all destroyed while I was in prison. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King

I'll have to look him up. Thanks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore

Ghost pets do seem to be some of the most common of the animal ghosts- folks cats and dogs mostly. The most common "wild" ones seem to be the ghost/hell/fairy dogs, like hell hounds and black dogs, ect. Sometimes folks see other ghost animals, horses, deer, that sort of thing. There's the occasional famous animal ghost like Gef... But generally, yeah, ghost animals are less common than human ghosts.

Why? Probably because we are more keen on our own souls/death/ghosts than we attribute to animals. It may be because stories are more of a cryptid or "other realm" sort of thing to explain non-corporeal animal types of things. Spirit animals/totems/guides are still fairly popular.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

You always hear of human ghosts, but rarely do you ever hear of animal ghost sightings.

I'd think you'd hear more of them since there are more animals then humans on the planet.

I mean yeah, you do hear of the occasional 'ghost cat' or something, but even then it's rather rare.

Any ghost enthusiasts out there care to explain?

I think ghost apparitions in humans and animals usually involves a strong psychological motivation by the entities. Animals that grew psychologically attached to humans are the most commonly seen animal ghosts. 

Going further, I think that animals that have a more sophisticated attachment to humans are more likely to indidualize from their group soul and become human in their next life.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MauriOra

KiaOraRa Aquila..

Animals know who they are. They don't have the psychological mind screw that humans endure, thus they are Pure.. 

Animals are in tune to the rythmn of Nature, even in the most horrible circumstances, that only arise I might add, from human control for consumption...

I have a spiritual totem.. I am a wolf, snake and bear..

No no I'm not crazy, I'm just more aware of the unseen than others..

May I ask please? Sherapy said you remind her of her boys.. How old are you friend?...

Know that's a forward question, but I felt like asking, that's what it means to be alive..

If you don't want to answer, that's absolutely fine..

Any how, peace to you AK...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timonthy
14 hours ago, Aquila King said:

You always hear of human ghosts, but rarely do you ever hear of animal ghost sightings.

I'd think you'd hear more of them since there are more animals then humans on the planet.

I mean yeah, you do hear of the occasional 'ghost cat' or something, but even then it's rather rare.

Any ghost enthusiasts out there care to explain?

What about insect ghosts? Or unicellular organism ghosts? 

Must explain all of the orbs! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
8 hours ago, Timonthy said:

What about insect ghosts? Or unicellular organism ghosts? 

I believe a certain level of psychological sophistication of the entities is required for attachment to the physical and ghostly phenomena. Doesn't happen with insects or the unicellular. I believe all life forms have souls or group souls but except for rare cases, they stay on the higher planes not detectable by our physical senses.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney

In my culture dogs are the guides and guardians to the gates of the afterlife That's why my people didn't eat dogs like Siouian or Iroquoian Tribes. I had dreams about my 2 little white dogs in prison. One passed right before I went away and I found the other one in a garbage bag when I was released.  A elder told me I would be stuck here after I passed but I don't believe that. I believe the dreams were just anxiety. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76

I’ve seen my late dog Kayla while projecting. In a few dreams as well. That’s as far as my deceased pet hauntings have gone though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fishing the Styx

I’ve seen shadow type shapes roughly the size of a small dog or cat at end of the hallway of the house. I would glimpses it going into my bedroom late afternoon and evening.

it seems to go in cycles of seeing it off and on for two or three weeks, then many months or well over a year till you see it again. 

Thats about as close as I got. Whether or not it’s a ghost animal or not I couldn’t say for sure. Maybe it’s just swamp gas or a weather balloon in the house at times :wacko:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'mConvinced
On 12/13/2017 at 7:30 PM, papageorge1 said:

Animals that grew psychologically attached to humans are the most commonly seen animal ghosts. 

I wonder if we'll ever see the ghost of a killer whale then? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'mConvinced
On 12/14/2017 at 6:45 PM, Matt221 said:

Here's one of the more unusual bird ghosts 

http://www.haunted-london.com/pond-square-ghost.html

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side of course!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt221
3 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side of course!

I thought he crossed the road to prove to the hedgehogs it could be done

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'mConvinced
1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

I thought he crossed the road to prove to the hedgehogs it could be done

Not this one, evidently.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChaosRose

Lots of people have experiences like that. I've even had them, myself.

But the weirdest one was the phantom litter box.

I used to keep one in the corner of an extra room in a house I used to live, and then the kitty died, so there was no need for the box.

People who came there and spent any time in that room heard the phantom cat scratching in the spot where the litter box used to be. 

Naturally, I had heard it first, but I purposely didn't say anything to guests. 

I dunno...maybe he did that so many times that it sort of became etched in time. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mysticwerewolf
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, Aquila King said:

You always hear of human ghosts, but rarely do you ever hear of animal ghost sightings.

I'd think you'd hear more of them since there are more animals then humans on the planet.

I mean yeah, you do hear of the occasional 'ghost cat' or something, but even then it's rather rare.

Any ghost enthusiasts out there care to explain?

I am not even going to try to explain in part because I really do not know why, but you have not been near my Father's place.  I am constantly seeing and hearing basset hounds where there are none. sitting on the couch or laying on the floor, always watching me always seen from the corner of my eye but when I look straight at the spot they are gone or so it seems, be it real or imagined they are all over my father's house. and it is kinda nice having them here even if they are just imagination.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt221

What about insect ghosts although how would we know if they were ghosts or not or molluscs or crustaceans.... na I'm getting carried away now

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:59 AM, I'mConvinced said:

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side of course!

This one's worthy of a quote and a thumbs up. :tu:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Since ghost aren't real, but if they were, I want to see a t-rex ghost. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
9 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Lots of people have experiences like that. I've even had them, myself.

But the weirdest one was the phantom litter box.

I used to keep one in the corner of an extra room in a house I used to live, and then the kitty died, so there was no need for the box.

People who came there and spent any time in that room heard the phantom cat scratching in the spot where the litter box used to be. 

Naturally, I had heard it first, but I purposely didn't say anything to guests. 

I dunno...maybe he did that so many times that it sort of became etched in time. 

Given that spirits are often described wearing clothes, or carrying various objects of some sort, it makes me wonder what those 'objects' are and how their manifested spiritually speaking.

It's not beyond my imagination for there to be a phantom litter box, but the real question is what happens with phantom kitty poo? :blink:

9 hours ago, mysticwerewolf said:

I am not even going to try to explain in part because I really do not know why, but you have not been near my Father's place.  I am constantly seeing and hearing basset hounds where there are none. sitting on the couch or laying on the floor, always watching me always seen from the corner of my eye but when I look straight at the spot they are gone or so it seems, be it real or imagined they are all over my father's house. and it is kinda nice having them here even if they are just imagination.

If I could elaborate on my previous question, then perhaps I could ask: if human spirits remain in this world due to earthly attachments and a failure to properly pass on (as many spiritualists suggest), then are the animals that remain here having the same problems that human spirits have in passing on? And if so, then why?

1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

What about insect ghosts although how would we know if they were ghosts or not or molluscs or crustaceans.... na I'm getting carried away now

Or plant ghosts, single-celled organism ghosts, etc.

At some point I think we have to ask the question: 'at what size and complexity do the souls of living things cease to exist?'

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Since ghost aren't real, but if they were, I want to see a t-rex ghost. 

Since they'll just pass right through you, it's all of the awesome and none of the danger. Sign me up! :tu:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'mConvinced
1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

Since they'll just pass right through you, it's all of the awesome and none of the danger. Sign me up! :tu:

I have a HTC Vive VR setup in work. There is a demo where a fully realised T-Rex charges up to you, stops, sniffs you, eyes you up, roars in your face, spittle spray and all, before running 'over' you. It's quite the experience, wish I could show you.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff
2 hours ago, Aquila King said:

At some point I think we have to ask the question: 'at what size and complexity do the souls of living things cease to exist?'

Just my own personal opinion here but I'd have to say "Every"

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.