Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope says Devil is a real person

seeder

Don't argue with the Devil - he's much more intelligent than us, says Pope Francis

The Devil is more intelligent than mere mortals and should never be argued with, Pope Francis has warned.

Satan is not a metaphor or a nebulous concept but a real person armed with dark powers, the Pope said in forthright remarks made during a television interview.

“He is evil, he’s not like mist. He’s not a diffuse thing, he is a person. I’m convinced that one must never converse with Satan - if you do that, you’ll be lost,” he told TV2000, a Catholic channel, gesticulating with his hands to emphasise his point.

“He’s more intelligent than us, and he’ll turn you upside down, he’ll make your head spin.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/13/dont-argue-devil-much-intelligent-us-says-pope-francis/

• Like 4

Ok, so exactly *who* is Satan then? I mean, warning us is good and all, but in order to avoid the Devil (as person) don't we have to know specifically who he is?

• Like 4

I think that he Pope has lost the plot, if the Devil was a real person he would be ruling the world by now. 

• Like 2

Here's another thought, if someone comes up to me and tells me he's the Devil I'm certainly going to get away from him PDQ. Let's face it, if this person is not the Devil then he's utterly insane and not someone to talk to or argue with.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

I think that he Pope has lost the plot, if the Devil was a real person he would be ruling the world by now. 

I don't think the Devil is 'allowed' to just use his powers and thereby rule the world. The way I understand it is that the Devil has to corrupt humans in order to do that for him.

2 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Yup, cause Trump, Putin, Xi Jinping, just to name a few are pillars of the society, making the world a better place.

1 minute ago, Takh01 said:

Yup, cause Trump, Putin, Xi Jinping, just to name a few are pillars of the society, making the world a better place.

Wait, so Trump, Putin and Xi are all the Devil then?

Something tells me this isn't exactly what the Pope was getting at.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, seeder said:

Seeder, what do you think about the devil?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Wait, so Trump, Putin and Xi are all the Devil then?

Something tells me this isn't exactly what the Pope was getting at.

Agreed, was more responding to the fact that the world is currently run by a lot of people, who if not outright bad, are far from good. I would like to see the interview in the language it was conducted, as I suspect there may be something lost in translation. I suspect he is more trying to convey he feels the devil is real, in the same way he feels god is real. He believes you can talk with god, so it is a natural assumption to believe one can also talk with the devil. I sort of doubt the pope is stating the devil is a single physical human/entity who is currently physically walking around, and if that is what he is trying to say, then agree, he has lost the plot.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

I think Papa used the word in a less than literal way but wanted to emphasize that Satan is a real entity with powers far beyond mortals.  I hope that's what he meant.  The Antichrist will be Satan's most powerful human agent at some point in the future.  As to ruling the world, Spud, I think he may already be doing just that...

48 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Ok, so exactly *who* is Satan then? I mean, warning us is good and all, but in order to avoid the Devil (as person) don't we have to know specifically who he is?

Satan wouldn't be a person as person is defined as a human individual. So you mean What is Satan? Therefor there is no he or she unless you envision Satan as having a penis dangling around in his spiritual realm or wherever. 

That opens many questions I'd like to ask of Pope Francis.

If Satan is a person...

...is he cute?
...if so; is he single?
...if so; can the Pope give me Satan's mobile number?
...if so; could the devil and I, theoretically, still get married provided we do so in a country/planet/dimension that accepts gay marriage? 
...if so, if Satan and me ever get divorced do I get to rule half of Hell?

Also, which demon should I conjure up to write up the prenuptial agreement?

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Could it be....SANTA?  just rearrange the letters

This Pope guy is way off the Reservation.  Okay, first he says...we need to reword the Lords Prayer...delete the 'Lead us not into temptation' bit...now he tells us that we shouldn't argue with the devil....

But...wasn't Jesus tempted by the Devil in the Wilderness...and didn't he argue with said Devil...telling him...Get behind me Satan! ?

The Pope is a leftist statist...he should be removed from the head of the Catholic Church.

• Like 2

So, just to clarify.  God created all things including Satan, right?

And made Satan much more intelligent than us.

And Satan is meant as a test for us, right?  A test which we will obviously fail, if it is in any way based on intelligence, and surely most tests are...

I shall just leave it at that, other than to wonder if our civilisation will grow up before we get wiped out by an asteroid/comet..?

• Like 4

I don't know if he is real or not, rather not, but he have specific energy.

I have seen him in the distance while in car as white angel and he was enjoying I feel him.

Later I talk to a person who disappear after I talked to him. He told me to never wonder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

4ea94cd17d5b0f850fcea22c4cd2b77f--the-devils-advocate-al-pacino.jpg

• Like 5

Obviously Satan isn't that intelligent.  I mean, he actually thought he could overthrow God...an omnipotent being!

Even I, a mere Human, know better than to think that Batman stands a snowballs chance in hell of beating the power of Superman...

...does God have a Kryptonite allergy?  I don't think so...

So...what is so great about ruling over a lake of fire?  I'd much rather rule over like Lake Tahoe or something where there are cute chicks in bikinis water skiing and stuff.

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

And "Satan" works for god.......which means......

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.  Satan cannot do anything God doesn't allow but that hardly means there's an active role where God tells him what to do. Satan, just like the angels and the rest of us, is a created being.  He was given more than anyone or anything else ever had been and began to imagine himself God's equal.  An awful lot of humans seem to do the same.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

Here's another thought, if someone comes up to me and tells me he's the Devil I'm certainly going to get away from him PDQ. Let's face it, if this person is not the Devil then he's utterly insane and not someone to talk to or argue with.

That's why god made straightjackets.

jmccr8

• Like 3