Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oumuamua

Inversion5

24 minutes ago, dirtierdragoon4 said:

I thought this thing was said to be covered with red "stuff", indicating that life is on it. Fake news I guess.

6 minutes ago, dirtierdragoon4 said:

I thought this thing was said to be covered with red "stuff", indicating that life is on it. Fake news I guess.

It was like 99% black with a 1% Red tinge or something. Did anything suggest the Red being indication of life? You crazy guy.

That’s what I got from reading about the ‘red’ anyway.

4 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

It was like 99% black with a 1% Red tinge or something. Did anything suggest the Red being indication of life? You crazy guy.

That’s what I got from reading about the ‘red’ anyway.

Who do you think I am, a billionaire willing to dump money on aliens? :lol:

Edited by dirtierdragoon4
  • Like 2

There was a suggestion that the reddish color might indicate organic materials, caused to form by long exposure of simpler substances to space radiation. We see similar coloration in some asteroids. The presence of organic matter does not necessarily mean that life is present.  The object could have a high metal content,. If so, it's probably mostly iron, so rust is a possibility, too.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dirtierdragoon4 said:

Who do you think I am, a billionaire willing to dump money on aliens? :lol:

Well you could be Trump in disguise for all I know with the ‘Fake news’! :ph34r:

• Like 1

On 14/12/2017 at 0:46 PM, Piney said:

:lol:

False logic again.... its never aliens = it can never be aliens. How can this be confirmed with such arrogance? Loser.

What a big call to make. We can never have an ET visitation? Or.., we can but they MUST make contact otherwise its not ET?

Scientists agree that we would monitor an alien race from afar. We would not just rock up and land in an alien ant nest for many reasons.

1) Diseases for us, and them

2) Hostility

3) Too much stress and shock on inhabitants (like animals)

Edited by Fila
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fila said:

False logic again.... its never aliens = it can never be aliens. How can this be confirmed with such arrogance? Loser.

What a big call to make. We can never have an ET visitation? Or.., we can but they MUST make contact otherwise its not ET?

Scientists agree that we would monitor an alien race from afar. We would not just rock up and land in an alien ant nest for many reasons.

1) Diseases for us, and them

2) Hostility

3) Too much stress and shock on inhabitants (like animals)

I guess you didn't watch the video. The double quote was because I was quoting him. :lol: 

• Like 2

On 14/12/2017 at 1:16 PM, Piney said:

I guess you didn't watch the video. The double quote was because I was quoting him. :lol: 

I did.., and I was actually talking about him saying it and calling him a loser.

1 minute ago, Fila said:

I did.., and I was actually talking about him saying it and calling him a loser.

On 14/12/2017 at 1:19 PM, Piney said:

I actually watch his videos often.., but not anymore after hearing that insane claim that ETs can never visit Earth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timonthy said:

Well you could be Trump in disguise for all I know with the ‘Fake news’! :ph34r:

I hear him in my head every time I type it. Does that count?

Edited by dirtierdragoon4

32 minutes ago, Fila said:

I actually watch his videos often.., but not anymore after hearing that insane claim that ETs can never visit Earth.

I detected a very faint hint of sarcasm in his voice.

On 14/12/2017 at 1:55 PM, dirtierdragoon4 said:

I detected a very faint hint of sarcasm in his voice.

I don't think so. I think he was serious. Although you may be right...

1 minute ago, Fila said:

I don't think so. I think he was serious. Although you may be right...

It could be that he was just trying to allude to the buzz of it might being an alien spaceship, because of that billionaire trying to listen in on it, but again, without directly acknowledging it. You know, to stay current and inject humor into his bit. So not necessarily truly saying it could never be aliens - even though that is what he said :D:blink:

Thanks for sharing, dirtierdragoon4. These logs give more detail than the public schedule I'd been using.  Interesting to read in the observing logs, that film crews were present at the start of the Breakthrough Listen  Oumuamua observations at 20:45 GMT. This shows a good deal of interest by the news media, and makes it unlikely that any noteworthy discovery will not be quickly made known to the public.   

Edited by bison
added acknowledgment

Breakthrough Listen successfully took 90 TeraBytes of data from Oumuamua. Nothing noteworthy was immediately discerned in it, but the thorough analysis of such a load of data will require some time. There will reportedly be additional observing sessions of the enigmatic object in the near future. Please find, below, a link to an article with further information:

http://www.space.com/39100-interstellar-object-oumuamua-alien-life-search.html 

Edited by bison
corrected error in link address

so 

what is important to mention about this subject is first off , the actual photos of the thing. Not artistic impressions. As it could be seen the object appears much smoother in reality. Interestingly it does have a sharp frontal tip and what appears a slimy end tail. So it does look like a spaceship or probe or whatever. 

1. I know that the first scans of potential life, indicates none, however the whole thing made me reflecting a lot over the incident. Why should alien travelers not clock their internal communication systems? Perhaps they don't want to be detected for numerous reasons. What if they shut of their communication system while being in cryogenic sleep or furthermore what if they are long dead and there's 0 power left to communicate. 
  2. Besides this unique event has shown us clearly how much we're not prepared!  Probably it was the only chance in million of years to prove that we aren't alone and we haven't done anything because we can't. We can't intercept probes traveling at over 100k speed, we can't see them properly and we don't have a plan in place to get near by them... 
  3. Now same thing would happen with Voyager 1 and 2 probes we've sent . Same like Oumuamua they travel at such higher speeds that aliens on other planets would never intercept, read and desciphre the message included. They will be seen through alien telescopes like simple meteorites gone forever. So goes with our good intentions... 

oumuamua-e1513186761906.jpg

Edited by qxcontinuum

19 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

so 

what is important to mention about this subject is first off , the actual photos of the thing. Not artistic impressions. As it could be seen the object appears much smoother in reality. Interestingly it does have a sharp frontal tip and what appears a slimy end tail. So it does look like a spaceship or probe or whatever. 

1. I know that the first scans of potential life, indicates none, however the whole thing made me reflecting a lot over the incident. Why should alien travelers not clock their internal communication systems? Perhaps they don't want to be detected for numerous reasons. What if they shut of their communication system while being in cryogenic sleep or furthermore what if they are long dead and there's 0 power left to communicate. 
  2. Besides this unique event has shown us clearly how much we're not prepared!  Probably it was the only chance in million of years to prove that we aren't alone and we haven't done anything because we can't. We can't intercept probes traveling at over 100k speed, we can't see them properly and we don't have a plan in place to get near by them... 
  3. Now same thing would happen with Voyager 1 and 2 probes we've sent . Same like Oumuamua they travel at such higher speeds that aliens on other planets would never intercept, read and desciphre the message included. They will be seen through alien telescopes like simple meteorites gone forever. So goes with our good intentions... 

oumuamua-e1513186761906.jpg

Can you provide a link for that image?

• Like 1