Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson Suicide

ExpandMyMind

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Try telling that to Constantine.

I don't have to Jesus already told him :P

• Like 4

Mama Helen said Jesus says so ...

~

• Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 5:55 AM, Piney said:

Coward! I thought suicide was a sin in Christianity.......

Yes but God comes to us Christians not because we are great, but because we are beaten by sin.  Me i'm terrible luckily I get a hand.  That idea that people are hypocrites for screwing up at something they are trying not to do ; nah.  Failure is in our nature.  Maybe someone said they were better than you because they didn't do something, well I'm sorry if they did.  But otherwise Christians are great at screwing up maybe the best screw ups around.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

THanks for the link ... an eye opener ... puts a lot of perspective to what I read last night which I could not make heads or tails of ...

~

I read the beginning but, man, at around 9000 words I had to put that in the 'bookmarked' pile for later.

10 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Oh I don't doubt that there are many factors in play and that every person would have a somewhat different reaction, but when you have a family - 5 kids and  even more grand-kids - surely you fight to clear your name at all costs? I think in most cases, under those circumstances, you would. Barring any other serious mental health issues like chronic depression of course.

You would think so. However, they don't think like individuals who don't face these kinds of psychological and spiritual challenges. They're surviving on another plane of existence. Normal rules don't apply to them. Healthy people can't fathom why someone would take their lives if they have children and a spouse. That's especially true in the case of people with ostensible dream careers, like suicidal rock stars. That's not say that these allegations aren't true. It's to say that there may be other contributing factors.

• Like 3

I should add that addiction and alcoholism are in the mix in a lot of suicides. My guess is that they play major roles in celebrity deaths, although it's wrong to discount mental problems as contributing factors. It's a lethal cocktail. It's a perfect storm.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

You would think so. However, they don't think like individuals who don't face these kinds of psychological and spiritual challenges. They're surviving on another plane of existence. Normal rules don't apply to them. Healthy people can't fathom why someone would take their lives if they have children and a spouse. That's especially true in the case of people with ostensible dream careers, like suicidal rock stars. That's not say that these allegations aren't true. It's to say that there may be other contributing factors.

After reading a bit of the article that Tiggs posted, it's now clear to me that this was more than just one accusation putting him in that frame of mind. In fact, it was likely that article that caused him to kill himself. I think they destroyed the entire persona he had spent his life building. I can totally understand why he would have wanted to kill himself.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I read the beginning but, man, at around 9000 words I had to put that in the 'bookmarked' pile for later.

I skimmed and skipped a lot of the local specifics, so technically I read about 25% of it or so ... I hovered mostly on the early years ... I intend to get back to it later when I have more time though ...

~

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

Christians are great at screwing up maybe the best screw ups around.  

Well..There is screwing up, we all do that at times and then there doing something downright evil.

and being a rapist especially raping kids is downright evil....

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I should add that addiction and alcoholism are in the mix in a lot of suicides. My guess is that they play major roles in celebrity deaths, although it's wrong to discount mental problems as contributing factors. It's a lethal cocktail. It's a perfect storm.

Anti depressants mixed with alcohol is a death sentence especially if you go cold turkey. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think they destroyed the entire persona he had spent his life building. I can totally understand why he would have wanted to kill himself.

Heck ... just by Chapter two he was practically touted as JC ... healing the sick and raising folks from the dead ... maybe he wanted to be resurrected ...

Which brings me to the choice of the suicide location ... the bridge symbolizes a 'crossing' ... getting out of the car perhaps shows that he was still trying to change his mind ... but I think the 'sign' he was expecting did not come ...

~

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Wow! I just read the link, a real eye opener. Well worth the read.

If you like that, here is a list of the 44 guys they have "got" so far.  

(not counting the suicide)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/10/us/men-accused-sexual-misconduct-weinstein.html

33 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/10/us/men-accused-sexual-misconduct-weinstein.html

Who said that I "liked" it? Have you read the link? Might open your eyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

They who?

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

They who?

You raise a good point with your question. It could be that he was referring to the media, but your guess is as good as mine. It brings up the issue of separating the wheat from the chaff when accusations and allegations are made. That's hard to do for a variety of reasons. The main problem is that people sometimes take sides based on their political and social views, which stinks. It should be clinical as much as possible. Ted Kennedy was a horrible man, and Roy Moore sounds like a horrible man. Who cares about the letter next to their name? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

You raise a good point with your question. It could be that he was referring to the media, but your guess is as good as mine. It brings up the issue of separating the wheat from the chaff when accusations and allegations are made. That's hard to do for a variety of reasons. The main problem is that people sometimes take sides based on their political and social views, which stinks. It should be clinical as much as possible. Ted Kennedy was a horrible man, and Roy Moore sounds like a horrible man. Who cares about the letter next to their name? 

Very well said.  I am looking for honesty and integrity not a social or political view.

• Like 2

Here is something that disturbs me.  Most of us do not have a very good opinion of politicians.  We think they are crooked and dishonest. Most parents would not want their children to aspire to be politicians. So, who will be the politicians of the next generation?  Will they be sleezier yet?  How to reverse this trend?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

... How to reverse this trend?

Historically, it has been with mobs that number into the millions that rise up with pitchforks and torches who kill everyone in charge of anything at all. For a little while, people can breath again... and then something even worse comes along.

It gets this because the Aristocracy becomes blinded to all but their own desires, and mistakes them for the ultimate good.

Someone more eloquent than I has more to say about all this-

No law is more deeply engraved in human nature than that which leads men to make advances towards women and women to flirt with men. It was written there long before history began, before time began to be reckoned. Why? Because it is necessary for the perpetuation of the human race. Today, cultural Marxism seeks to overturn this law. That is not their real objective. Their sole purpose, in their own words, was “negation”, or “negative dialectics” – simply bringing everything down.

https://www.traditionalright.com/sexual-harassment/