Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The best evidence for UFOs

Fila

On 07/07/2018 at 12:59 PM, Horta said:

The op simply rejects all mundane explanations as a starting point, then lumps in natural phenomena, to infer that claims without explanation for lack of data (and many claims that are already well explained) "could be aliens!".

I reject mundane explanations? 
I just don't accept them as gospel.., especially when they do not match descriptions from witnesses.

YOU are ignoring witness statements in order to make your opinions fit. The fact that you don't see this as an issue clearly highlights your own investigative techniques to hastily form a conclusion.

Then complains that no one can supply a hypothesis consistent with his beliefs. That's unbiased. That's science. Apparently it requires proving to his satisfaction that every half arsed and unverifiable claim isn't aliens, otherwise it's 50/50. Then when explanations are given, he simply rejects every single one of them cursorily at best, so that it's still 50/50 (in his mind) lol.

You continually accuse me of being an ET believer. This is a false accusation.

The fact that you constantly bring this up.., is a huge red flag that I am dealing with a troll.., or someone with a memory issues.
I don't have the time to keep doing this with you Horta.

The best hypothesis that could be derived from all of this is that "there is something wrong with the education system", which is failing young people.

This thread obviously has nothing to do with trying to understand the ufo phenomena, and lots to do with propagating folklore

You cannot actually counter anything I raise.

4 hours ago, Fila said:

No.., but you were claiming to know what it most definietley cannot be.., and there is no reason to.

Welcome back.

Can you quote which comment of mine you’re referring to please?

As for the rest, I’ll reply later when I have time. 

17 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Can you quote which comment of mine you’re referring to please? 

"The Hessdalen lights are cool, but there’s no reason to link them to anything ET/UFO related at all yet."

1 hour ago, Fila said:

"The Hessdalen lights are cool, but there’s no reason to link them to anything ET/UFO related at all yet."

Yes, which is not ‘most definitely’, as you misquoted. 

Once again, this is one of your biggest issues with your discussions on UM. You continue to mislead and exaggerate. It takes away from the actual discussions and fills the threads with crap.

Be factual whenever you can. It might help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Once again, this is one of your biggest issues with your discussions on UM. You continue to mislead and exaggerate. It takes away from the actual discussions and fills the threads with crap.

Fila, in future would you mind quoting people, rather than LYING about what they said?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/6/2018 at 5:06 PM, Fila said:

Plasma?

Yes. Do you know what a plasma is in this reference? 

Wow.., the arrogance displayed here is incredible.

I know, but thats why most posters really don't seem to like you very much.

What makes you the authority on UAP..,

Who said I was an authority? Although, I can see your point, I suppose next to you, even a block of ice looks more informed on the subject. 

over countless of real scientists who are unsure what the Hessdallen lights are?

Dusty plasma is the best fit so far. 

So say real scientists anyway. 

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2010JASTP..72.1200P

What a tosser.

Your the king, I don't hold a candle to you. I submit to your douchiness. :nw:

giphy.webp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

I can see why you would think this.., as they are in the same sentence. However I was using quotation marks to "use the term loosely"..., not to quote you.

Hope this clears things up. I will make an effort to keep my "loose terms" separate from when I quote people.

Edited by Fila

On 6/7/2018 at 5:30 PM, Fila said:

What the jebus? Excellent job at handwaving. You get a gold star.

I asked you the same question which you successfully avoided over many pages.

Woah.., you know everyone? lol, another arrogant claim smothered in ignorance. This just adds to your character of being biased.

Double standards much? lol.., you can't even see it can you.

Its all well and good to use on "believers".., but you only see its stupidity when directed at you. Ignorant self obsessed biased.

Are you serious? Can you please provide examples of this? Otherwise you are sinking to a new low by making up lies about me.

Either back this up.., or apologise.

I just noticed this...

@Fila you're projecting.  You are the one that can't defend your claim that you "could argue that the ETH is a more scientifically credible theory.., than whatever".

The ensuing conversation shows you weren't prepared to defend your claim; and tried to justify by saying you needed an alternative hypothesis.  Yet you denied this was shifting the burden-of-proof.  Nevertheless, I played you game and I gave you an alternative hypothesis ie a UFO is not of ET origin.

I don't feel I'm the one who need to apologise for misrepresenting someone else.

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Yes. Do you know what a plasma is in this reference?

I am aware of plasma, and current experiments trying to produce it using less power.., and research into the magnetic fields produced by plasma to help understand the Earth's magnetic field and weak points better.

I know, but thats why most posters really don't seem to like you very much.

Incorrect. From day 1 my posts were respectful and attempting to get everyone to work together. My post history clearly shows the abuse I received from day one.., based on the content I post.., and not choosing a side. Nothing to do with my attitude. My post histroy can clearly show a change in my attitude recently after being consistently accused of lying by Stereologist and ChrLzs over countless threads.., only to be proven wrong.., and no one is held accountable.

This merely confirmed the double standards inherit with this website.

Who said I was an authority? Although, I can see your point, I suppose next to you, even a block of ice looks more informed on the subject. 

Your 100% certainty implies it.

A block of ice? I expect nothing less from you Psyche. I am younger.., yet more mature. That's very sad.

Dusty plasma is the best fit so far. 

So say real scientists anyway. 

There are several well established theories as to what it could be.

"it is suggested" does not equate to "is the best fit so far". You added your opinion as fact at the end. If we are really so concerned with lying.., and accountability.., how about explaining yourself or apologising for misleading the members here.

Edited by Fila

18 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I just noticed this...

@Fila you're projecting.  You are the one that can't defend your claim that you "could argue that the ETH is a more scientifically credible theory.., than whatever".

The ensuing conversation shows you weren't prepared to defend your claim; and tried to justify by saying you needed an alternative hypothesis.  Yet you denied this was shifting the burden-of-proof.  Nevertheless, I played you game and I gave you an alternative hypothesis ie a UFO is not of ET origin.

I don't feel I'm the one who need to apologise for misrepresenting someone else.

Golden Duck. From memory I originally asked you a question.., which you avoided. This is VERY common here. You are not the only one, and for me its a huge waste of time having 20 people ignore me.., only to keep asking more and more until my posts are lost.., and then the same questions come up. Again. Or the same spiels (Extraordinary claims, blah blah.., UFO means unidentified yada yada, witnesses need to provide extraordinary evidence etc etc)

Now.., if I continually give in (like I did with Stereo).., it just keeps going on and on.., round and round in circles. This is just a complete waste of my time.., and not fair for me. If I ask a question it should be answered. That's how it works normally right?

As mentioned earlier today.., I will bite once.., but will eventually need you (them) to come back and answer my question. (Yes, its already happened today).

You jumped into a conversation between me and Psyche.., trying to ask the same question. I think if you take a bit of time to look back.., you will see the full conversation you and I had earlier.

Edited by Fila

7 minutes ago, Fila said:

Golden Duck. From memory I originally asked you a question.., which you avoided. This is VERY common here. You are not the only one, and for me its a huge waste of time having 20 people ignore me.., only to keep asking more and more until my posts are lost.., and then the same questions come up. Again. Or the same spiels (Extraordinary claims, blah blah.., UFO means unidentified yada yada, witnesses need to provide extraordinary evidence etc etc)

Now.., if I continually give in (like I did with Stereo).., it just keeps going on and on.., round and round in circles. This is just a complete waste of my time.., and not fair for me. If I ask a question it should be answered. That's how it works normally right?

As mentioned earlier today.., I will bite once.., but will eventually need you (them) to come back and answer my question. (Yes, its already happened today).

You jumped into a conversation between me and Psyche.., trying to ask the same question. I think if you take a bit of time to look back.., you will see the full conversation you and I had earlier.

No need to rely on your memory I provided a link.  It's all recorded.  Scroll up to #358 - you'll find it there.

But here it is the answer to your game:

You don't need to worry @Fila I have looked back.  That's How I found the link where I asked you the question first.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

No need to rely on your memory I provided a link.  It's all recorded.  Scroll up to #358 - you'll find it there.

But here it is the answer to your game:

You don't need to worry @Fila I have looked back.  That's How I found the link where I asked you the question first.

I actually typed "Please do not respond with the exact same statements..." but deleted it thinking.., nah.., we wouldn't possibly just keep spamming the same thing over and over again hoping that changes anything..,. but here we are.

I followed your link, it takes me back to the first page. Maybe just quote what you have an issue with. That seems to be the best way to have a conversation.

I predict this is going to take a loooooooooooooooooooooong time to sort out.., and will flood this thread with sloooooow spammy posts.., with lot's of lolz and accusations......, (yawn :sleepy:) which tends to lead to threads being locked. I ask for us to sort this out via PM or on my profile page.., until we can narrow down exactly what happened from the start, leading up till now as its taken out of context.

We can come back later with a summary for all to see. Does this sound good? If not that's fine. Lets go I guess.

All I ask is for you to stop being childish.., and accusing me of "playing games": If you continually accuse me of intentionally lying.., I will become agitated, and will have no option but to cease communicating with you. Does this make sense?

Edited by Fila

15 minutes ago, Fila said:

I actually typed "Please do not respond with the exact same statements..." but deleted it thinking.., nah.., we wouldn't possibly just keep spamming the same thing over and over again hoping that changes anything..,. but here we are.

I followed your link, it takes me back to the first page. Maybe just quote what you have an issue with. That seems to be the best way to have a conversation.

I predict this is going to take a loooooooooooooooooooooong time to sort out.., and will flood this thread with sloooooow spammy posts.., with lot's of lolz and accusations......, (yawn :sleepy:) which tends to lead to threads being locked. I ask for us to sort this out via PM or on my profile page.., until we can narrow down exactly what happened from the start, leading up till now as its taken out of context.

We can come back later with a summary for all to see. Does this sound good? If not that's fine. Lets go I guess.

All I ask is for you to stop being childish.., and accusing me of "playing games": If you continually accuse me of intentionally lying.., I will become agitated, and will have no option but to cease communicating with you. Does this make sense?

I gave you the link.  It shows I asked you first.

I replied, today, to a post of yours which accuses me of lying.  I'm not bothered. I've shown where the sub-thread begins.

• Like 2

Another lie from Fila....  May the records also show, your honour, for those who think Fila is being 'genuine' when he claims he never expressed any bias towards ET, here he is in one of his very FIRST posts at UM..

I just wanted to talk about how pointless it is arguing over whether or not a video/image contains an extraterrestrial vehicle or unknown object.

We will never be able to prove ETs exist just from looking at YouTube videos and listening to stories.  I believe we have enough credible UFO video footage, images and eye witness testimonies to move past this form of "research" and focus on solving the problem once and for all.

Notice that he doesn't offer *any* other possibilities.  Just ET.  At that time (and I invite readers to go check:) -

.. NO other hypotheses were offered by Fila, despite some furious backpedalling.  Also, at the time, he claimed to have collected sufficient evidence that the UFO's could be positively identified from 'credible' evidence.

So I asked, and have asked several times since, for him to POST that evidence.  When I used the magic words that strike terror into the hearts of those who don't have much of a grasp on the topic, namely: "Start with the best examples..".   weeellll.... Fila went very shy, for some reason.   So he now seems to be backing away from the ET hypothesis, despite that being the only one he named at the start, and of course he absolutely point blank refuses to post his proverbial 'credible evidence'.

We've seen this lame pattern of behaviour before, and it's a very obvious sign of someone with very little experience in the required disciplines, namely photography/optics, digital imaging, photogrammetry, meteorology, human psychology, the scientific method, etc, etc.

So now he just posts misinformation and false claims about what people said (including himself), and looks for arguments.  Frankly, it's all a huge waste of time.  Surely if he had the credible evidence and the analytical skills to put it all together, he would have done so by now.

He has neither.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/30/2018 at 3:46 PM, Fila said:

I am aware of plasma, and current experiments trying to produce it using less power.., and research into the magnetic fields produced by plasma to help understand the Earth's magnetic field and weak points better.

And yet you don't seem to be aware of its importance to UAP research. 

Incorrect.

Nope, correct. Nobody seems to like you very much. Your just an arrogant closet Icke. 

From day 1 my posts were respectful and attempting to get everyone to work together. My post history clearly shows the abuse I received from day one.., based on the content I post.., and not choosing a side. Nothing to do with my attitude. My post histroy can clearly show a change in my attitude recently after being consistently accused of lying by Stereologist and ChrLzs over countless threads.., only to be proven wrong.., and no one is held accountable.

Yes, its the while world trying to prevent your valiant struggle, it's not you is it  its the rest of the world :rolleyes:

This merely confirmed the double standards inherit with this website.

Well obviously the mods are in on the Fila conspiracy too, it is after all the entire world against Fila remember? 

Your 100% certainty implies it.

No, it doesn't. That's how your ego works, not mine. 

A block of ice? I expect nothing less from you Psyche. I am younger.., yet more mature. That's very sad.

I'm sure you think your a legend in your own lunchbox. Not how that majority are seeing it, bit then again, that's part of the 'world' who are all against you. Maybe David Icke would agree with you. 

There are several well established theories as to what it could be.

"it is suggested" does not equate to "is the best fit so far". You added your opinion as fact at the end. If we are really so concerned with lying.., and accountability.., how about explaining yourself or apologising for misleading the members here.

Which theory is more likely than dusty plasmas? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And I'll ask again:

On 7/30/2018 at 5:17 PM, ChrLzs said:

.. at the time, {Fila} claimed to have collected sufficient evidence that the UFO's could be positively identified from 'credible' evidence.

So I asked, and have asked several times since, for him to POST that evidence. 

..so AGAIN.

Fila - do you have credible evidence?  Post the best you have - prove your analytical skills, and stop wasting our time with the incessant whining ..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

And I'll ask again:

..so AGAIN.

Fila - do you have credible evidence?  Post the best you have - prove your analytical skills, and stop wasting our time with the incessant whining ..

Been there, done that. 

You'll be asked to provide your hypothesis for a comparison.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2018 at 8:40 AM, Golden Duck said:

Been there, done that. 

You'll be asked to provide your hypothesis for a comparison cursory rejection.

Fixed it for you. All explanations and hypotheses will be rejected if they don't arrive at "could be aliens".

Not saying it is aliens, but.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1