Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Fila

How to deal with gullible believers?

339 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Fila

OMG, you must watch this video of a ET craft visiting Earth!! -- 100% REAL NO FAKE -- MUST WATCH. 2017 Disclosure!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!  et c etc, lol


Don't we all just loathe hearing about the Andromeda council, reptilian overlords shapeshifting into Presidents / queens, while Nibiru draws closer each year. All it takes it $6000 to do a course and you can communicate telepathically with them (for some reason)  and if you don't believe, then wake up you sheeple, (lol,classic)

Even people being convinced a flock of birds are obviously ET's coming to save us from Nuke's or whatever.

 

i am not the type of person to get angry at someone who is not smarter than me.., is having trouble understanding something.., or just plain gullible.

I don't know why, call me crazy. But I don't get jollies from looking down at others.., and I actually want to help people.

 

For those who think the same way.., I thought it might be a good idea to discuss possible options to help educate these types of people.

One idea is to give them basic College / university training on how to source credible information. There are set guidelines and protocol which prevent me from using unreliable sources as a form of evidence. 

Whenever I make a claim., I must back it up with a source. (I cannot say planes are always tracked, without proof they are tracked)

Anyway, what do you think?

Edited by Fila
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fila
On 15/12/2017 at 11:40 AM, Piney said:

Look, there is people you cannot convince with facts and common sense. Young Earth Creationists, Purveyors of the World Wide Flood, Flat Earthers. Practitioners of Moorish Science, Followers of Edgar Cayce, Scientologists and Mormons.

No amount of education will help these people........

How can you speak with such certainty?

Did you conduct a 10 year study into people with learning disabilities? Comparing a control group with thos left to fend for themselves.., compared to others that recieved some form of help?
If so.., please post your findings here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, Fila said:

How can you speak with such certainty?

Did you conduct a 10 year study into people with learning disabilities? Comparing a control group with thos left to fend for themselves.., compared to others that recieved some form of help?
If so.., please post your findings here.

It has little to do with learning disabilities and more to do with convictions. Some people believe whatever they believe because they want to believe it. No matter how irrational it is.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fila
On 15/12/2017 at 11:52 AM, XenoFish said:

It has little to do with learning disabilities and more to do with convictions. Some people believe whatever they believe because they want to believe it. No matter how irrational it is.

Well the university I attend had an introductory course that lasted 3 months.., designed to help you understand research procedure, how to use databases and look at information objectively.., and to argue both sides in order to form a conclusion.., and when NOT to form a conclusion based on little to no research.

This has proven to be beneficial for students.., even allowing dyslexic people to participle with amazing results.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gingitsune
1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

*snip*

Your avatar kinda fits his description, though, I understand where he got the idea from. :whistle:

More on topic, some people just need to see themselves as outside of the box thinkers, and they will go to great length to not be mainstream. For whatever reason.

What to do with them? Appear curious, then point out where "their" reasoning is weak. For example, with a flatearther, ask where the edge of the flat world is and start to point out how it doesn't work from this flaw. Don't insist if the person change subject, you can't right every wrongs in the world on your own, just hope this conversation bit will have them challenge the orthodoxy of their favorite hoax.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fila
On 15/12/2017 at 0:19 PM, Piney said:

I'm autistic. I can't do math. I can't speak my thoughts without it coming out half assed. Just type them. I was classified by the Camden, New Jersey School system as "mildly retarded". I have to use a personal algorithm to count. It didn't  affect my common sense with running logging or farming machinery or operating a chainsaw. I've never been hurt because I use my common sense. I see the lack of as the biggest problem. It has nothing to do with learning disabilities. Just people not using common sense.

My nephew is similar. Even so.., if you did the university course.., you would learn proper research techniques.

This was a suggestion for maybe helping biased believers overcome their issue. Common sense as you put it can be taught.

Edited by Fila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 minutes ago, Fila said:

My nephew is similar. Even so.., if you did the university course.., you would learn proper research techniques.

This was a suggestion for maybe helping biased believers overcome their issue.

Although I took archaeology courses as a adult I was never able to get a college education. The "mildly retarded" and "vocational" recommendations put a damper on it. Plus I'm a "Redbonz hood rat" and the funding wasn't there in the 80s.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fila
On 15/12/2017 at 0:30 PM, Piney said:

Although I took archaeology courses as a adult I was never able to get a college education. The "mildly retarded" and "vocational" recommendations put a damper on it. Plus I'm a "Redbonz hood rat" and the funding wasn't there in the 80s.

I learnt a lot from doing the preparation course. Its not super advanced, just learn how to use search databases properly.., and what links to avoid.., how to use referencing systems.., and remain unbiased. I think you'd handle it easily.., you seem like an intelligent logical person to me.

Edited by Fila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fila
On 15/12/2017 at 0:35 PM, Swede said:

Greetings Fila.

Observations:

I meant what do you think about the threads idea.., not me personally.

On 15/12/2017 at 0:35 PM, Swede said:

Observations:

  • By all appearances you are young.
  • It would appear that you are early-on in your undergraduate studies.
  • It would appear that you are in your first break from said initial undergraduate studies.
  • It would appear that you have likely been exposed to some level of critical thinking, possibly for the first significant time in your life

.

Ok, so does that mean that because I am 1st year at University.., then anyone who doesn't attend uni cannot question me? (This is wrong imo)

Should we all post our age.., and no one younger can question the older.., or post questions and ideas?

 

On 15/12/2017 at 0:35 PM, Swede said:

And, you have started no less than eight discussions based upon the same topic in well less than 48 hours..

8 discussions about helping people be less gullible? I don't think so.., but am open to being wrong. Can you point them out?

On 15/12/2017 at 0:35 PM, Swede said:

You may wish to consider certain factors:

  • You are, for the most part, addressing individuals with notably more experience and study than you have currently attained.

How do you know this is true? Do you know what research I have done on UFOs compared to other members here? I don't think so.., this is a wild accusation.

Even if I didn't know as much about this topic as you claim.., I do not see that as a problem at all. There is no skill level requirement for this website forum.., unless you are in charge.., in which case I will cease all posts immediately until I get my UFOlogy degree or whatever you guys have.

On 15/12/2017 at 0:35 PM, Swede said:

You may wish to consider condensing your various presentations into a more cohesive and well-rounded context..

I will consider that. I like to be concise. can you give me some pointers and advice

On 15/12/2017 at 0:35 PM, Swede said:

As a last note, this particular topic is, for rather obvious reasons, of little interest to me.

That's fair enough. I did mention that I am strange.., and would prefer to help people catch up to our level.

On 15/12/2017 at 0:35 PM, Swede said:

However, your attempts have, due to their nature and frequency, become quite obvious to the readers. A reorganization of thoughts may be recommendable..

Oh ok. I am willing to listen.

It might be obvious.., but I am having trouble scrutinising myself. Can you please explain this more?

Edited by Fila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King

@Fila - I hope to see more of your content later on, cause so far I'm loving it. :tu:

 

Anyway, to the topic - I think the best thing to do with the gullible believers is to debunk them yourself, rather than leave them to the 'skeptics'. Because 'skeptics' like to paint with a broad brush and say all believers in the paranormal etc. are gullible, when we aren't. Not all of us anyway.

Besides, there are plenty supposed 'skeptics' who can be just as gullible as any paranormal believer. Rather gullible to believe absolutely everything that comes out of the mouths of the mainstream scientific establishment.

Granted, I will give them that there seems to be far more gullible people on our side then theirs, but in order to show ourselves to be truly credible, we have to take it upon ourselves to go out and debunk any false claims that are made in support of our position. It's imperative that we do so as to show that we aren't all gullible as they claim us to be.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
5 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

@Fila - I hope to see more of your content later on, cause so far I'm loving it. :tu:

 

Anyway, to the topic - I think the best thing to do with the gullible believers is to debunk them yourself, rather than leave them to the 'skeptics'. Because 'skeptics' like to paint with a broad brush and say all believers in the paranormal etc. are gullible, when we aren't. Not all of us anyway.

Besides, there are plenty supposed 'skeptics' who can be just as gullible as any paranormal believer. Rather gullible to believe absolutely everything that comes out of the mouths of the mainstream scientific establishment.

Granted, I will give them that there seems to be far more gullible people on our side then theirs, but in order to show ourselves to be truly credible, we have to take it upon ourselves to go out and debunk any false claims that are made in support of our position. It's imperative that we do so as to show that we aren't all gullible as they claim us to be.

Do you  see where you've perched yourself here?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Do you  see where you've perched yourself here?

Enlighten me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Enlighten me.

You're perched between the 'in between'. as am I.

God's not going to answer us in an internet post.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

You're perched between the 'in between'. as am I.

God's not going to answer us in an internet post.

I've been a pariah all my life.

I'm used to this s**t.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
20 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

@Fila - I hope to see more of your content later on, cause so far I'm loving it. :tu:

 

Anyway, to the topic - I think the best thing to do with the gullible believers is to debunk them yourself, rather than leave them to the 'skeptics'. Because 'skeptics' like to paint with a broad brush and say all believers in the paranormal etc. are gullible, when we aren't. Not all of us anyway.

Besides, there are plenty supposed 'skeptics' who can be just as gullible as any paranormal believer. Rather gullible to believe absolutely everything that comes out of the mouths of the mainstream scientific establishment.

Granted, I will give them that there seems to be far more gullible people on our side then theirs, but in order to show ourselves to be truly credible, we have to take it upon ourselves to go out and debunk any false claims that are made in support of our position. It's imperative that we do so as to show that we aren't all gullible as they claim us to be.

Good evening Aquila King. Sounds like a swashbuckling movie with each side proclaiming some sort of manifest destiny. The real issue is for everyone to be wary and to check and double check stories.

It  might be fun to pretend that the other side of the story is "dumb" or "gullible". But each side as to begin with the idea that stories are stories and it takes much more to formulate a fact. You point out that there are skeptics painting all of paranormal lovers as dimwits. That's true Then again there are those that accept everything in science as true. Science makes mistakes. It's not bad work or lies  or misrepresentations, but mistaken interpretations. it happens. So all of us need to be wary. I am clear that gullibility is everywhere. It is more likely outside of science, but f course that does not mean that people interested in science are not gullible

A well written science article states clearly what limitations are attached to the work. Everyone can do that as well.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I've been a pariah all my life.

I'm used to this s**t.

No you're not a pariah as far as we're experienced here.

You're an 'asker'. That's healthy.

And God forbid, (the Divinty character I don't care about) your opinion matters as much as any other..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquila King
5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Good evening Aquila King. Sounds like a swashbuckling movie with each side proclaiming some sort of manifest destiny. The real issue is for everyone to be wary and to check and double check stories.

It  might be fun to pretend that the other side of the story is "dumb" or "gullible". But each side as to begin with the idea that stories are stories and it takes much more to formulate a fact. You point out that there are skeptics painting all of paranormal lovers as dimwits. That's true Then again there are those that accept everything in science as true. Science makes mistakes. It's not bad work or lies  or misrepresentations, but mistaken interpretations. it happens. So all of us need to be wary. I am clear that gullibility is everywhere. It is more likely outside of science, but f course that does not mean that people interested in science are not gullible

A well written science article states clearly what limitations are attached to the work. Everyone can do that as well.

There are exceptions to almost every rule. Just want to be clear that I'm not painting all or most people of any position as being any particular way.

6 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

No you're not a pariah as far as we're experienced here.

You're an 'asker'. That's healthy.

And God forbid, (the Divinty character I don't care about) your opinion matters as much as any other..

That's greatly appreciated. Thank you for that. ^_^

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy

When someone says "gullible people" you immediately suppose their wrongness. And that's just "wrong".

That in no way suggests that they're right of course, you just have to get beyond their opinion and get on with your own.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timothy
4 hours ago, Fila said:

OMG, you must watch this video of a ET craft visiting Earth!! -- 100% REAL NO FAKE -- MUST WATCH. 2017 Disclosure!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!  et c etc, lol


Don't we all just loathe hearing about the Andromeda council, reptilian overlords shapeshifting into Presidents / queens, while Nibiru draws closer each year. All it takes it $6000 to do a course and you can communicate telepathically with them (for some reason)  and if you don't believe, then wake up you sheeple, (lol,classic)

Even people being convinced a flock of birds are obviously ET's coming to save us from Nuke's or whatever.

 

i am not the type of person to get angry at someone who is not smarter than me.., is having trouble understanding something.., or just plain gullible.

I don't know why, call me crazy. But I don't get jollies from looking down at others.., and I actually want to help people.

 

For those who think the same way.., I thought it might be a good idea to discuss possible options to help educate these types of people.

One idea is to give them basic College / university training on how to source credible information. There are set guidelines and protocol which prevent me from using unreliable sources as a form of evidence. 

Whenever I make a claim., I must back it up with a source. (I cannot say planes are always tracked, without proof they are tracked)

Anyway, what do you think?

What’s your opinion on the whole ET/UFO thing? You’re posting a lot of annoying threads. 

Not trying to be rude but you are kind spamming the forum so I want to know your sincere take on the whole thing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.