Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Kenemet

Christmas is Canceled in Jerusalem

35 posts in this topic

Quote

BECAUSE OF TRUMP, JESUS'S HOMETOWN, NAZARETH, IS CANCELING CHRISTMAS

Nazareth, the mostly Muslim town in current-day Israel where Christians believe Jesus Christ was raised, canceled all Christmas celebrations this year, saying that President Donald Trump had taken the joy out of the holiday.

The decision by Mayor Ali Salam to cancel festivities was made in protest of Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, a move the Muslim mayor, who once compared himself to Trump, found offensive.

Newsweek source: http://www.newsweek.com/trump-jesus-nazareth-christmas-cancelled-748736

I found the title very odd and went to check other sources.  It seems that this is NOT fake news or a hoax.  He is really angry over Trump's policies and really did cancel Christmas festivities.

The Hill:  http://www.newsweek.com/trump-jesus-nazareth-christmas-cancelled-748736

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No tourist money for YOU this year!  :P

 

Actually, any Christian that would go to that part of the world for any reason at all needs to get their head examined. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

No tourist money for YOU this year!  :P

 

Actually, any Christian that would go to that part of the world for any reason at all needs to get their head examined. 

Aside from the hundreds of thousands already living there? 

(Because, no, believe it or not, Jesus was not American. Shocking, I know.) 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Aside from the hundreds of thousands already living there? 

(Because, no, believe it or not, Jesus was not American. Shocking, I know.) 

No ... surely not Hollywood Jesus ...

~

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help, but find this a bit funny.

Sorry =P

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, third_eye said:

No ... surely not Hollywood Jesus ...

~

CAUCASIAN JESUS!!!!!

Blonde-Hair-Blue-Eyed-Jesus-728x803.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Piney said:

CAUCASIAN JESUS!!!!!

Hippy Jesus ... needs a haircut and a shave ... no wonder the Romans weren't impressed ...

~

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand where Caucasian, long haired Jesus comes from, the people of the Renaissance applied then current design sensibilities to pictures of Jesus, as people did to pretty much anything historical up in those primitive times (compare pictures of the Virgin Mary in German Peasant Dress, Medieval illustrations of Alexander the Great's travels featuring knights in armour etc etc etc.) 

But how the **** did "Blond, Blue Eyed Aryan Jesus" become a thing?

Edited by Orphalesion
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

I understand where Caucasian, long haired Jesus comes from, the people of the Renaissance applied then current design sensibilities to pictures of Jesus, as people did to pretty much anything historical up in those primitive times (compare pictures of the Virgin Mary in German Peasant Dress, Medieval illustrations of Alexander the Great's travels featuring knights in armour etc etc etc.) 

But how the **** did "Blond, Blue Eyed Aryan Jesus" become a thing?

Mormonism promotes the "real" jews were blond haired and blue eyed. I remember my older sister ( not my step sister), who was a well known Native American activist had a copy of their book and all the good guys were blond/blue ( including Jesus) and all the bad guys black haired/tan skin in pictures. The same went with Tolkien ( good-fair/ bad-dark). It became the American image for some odd reason.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbelievable. Trump actually ruined Christmas in Jerusalem.

For some reason I laughed. I mean there's just not bottom to this pit and, as the saying goes, if you couldn't laugh, you'd cry.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump didnt ruin it, the mayor, who had a hissy fit/tantrum and cancelled it, despite all the people who had planned, possibly for months or a year for festivities, rehearsed and laid money out for and who possibly counts on supplimenting tourist income. He's the guilty party here.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Piney said:

Mormonism promotes the "real" jews were blond haired and blue eyed. I remember my older sister ( not my step sister), who was a well known Native American activist had a copy of their book and all the good guys were blond/blue ( including Jesus) and all the bad guys black haired/tan skin in pictures. The same went with Tolkien ( good-fair/ bad-dark). It became the American image for some odd reason.

So it is an American thing? Aha, didn't know that the Mormons had so much influence on main-stream Christianity in the US, but interesting to know! I mean Europe isn't that much better in this regard, but at least good old Jesus is a brunette here (most of the time).

Don't wanna start a debate about Tolkien here, but his, from a modern POV unfortunate choice of heroes and villains wasn't racially motivated, but more because he was basically writing Edda and Beowulf fanfiction and was aiming to imitate their tone, themes and choice of words.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Unbelievable. Trump actually ruined Christmas in Jerusalem.

 

Really?     This mayor is a moron for cancelling all the festivities.   He needs to get over it.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

Really?     This mayor is a moron for cancelling all the festivities.   He needs to get over it.  

Yeah, you're right. It's a sort-of Bah Humbug, throwing the toys out the pram moment. But that it is a direct result of Trump's recognition cannot be denied.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange situation: A Muslim mayor cancelling a Christian holiday in a majority-Jewish nation.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is also the matter of heightened security issues ... a magnet for unwarranted extremist attention ...

~

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Strange situation: A Muslim mayor cancelling a Christian holiday in a majority-Jewish nation.  

Jerusalem isn't part of Israel.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Jerusalem isn't part of Israel.

I'm not sure what you mean. The Mayor is cancelling Christmas festivities in Nazareth, not Jerusalem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I'm not sure what you mean. The Mayor is cancelling Christmas festivities in Nazareth, not Jerusalem.

You're right, my bad. I had thought the article was about Jerusalem.

tenor.gif

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I'm not sure what you mean. The Mayor is cancelling Christmas festivities in Nazareth, not Jerusalem.

Correct, but Nazareth itself is majority Muslim and Christian. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Correct, but Nazareth itself is majority Muslim and Christian. 

The opening line of the Newsweek article mentions a Muslim majority: "Nazareth, the mostly Muslim town in current-day Israel where Christians believe Jesus Christ was raised, canceled all Christmas celebrations this year, saying that President Donald Trump had taken the joy out of the holiday." 

The author of the article (Cristina Maza) appears to be putting some spin on the story, as evidenced by the article's title: "Because of Trump, Jesus's Hometown, Nazareth, Is Canceling Christmas". Technically, the cancellation was the decision of Mayor Ali Salam.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Muslim majority town canceling Christmas "because of Trump"? lol Islam is the Grinch of the religious community. We all know the story:

"For whatever the reason, his heart or his shoes, the Mayor sat in his Mosque, hating the Jews."

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, simplybill said:

The opening line of the Newsweek article mentions a Muslim majority:

70% actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, you're right. It's a sort-of Bah Humbug, throwing the toys out the pram moment. But that it is a direct result of Trump's recognition cannot be denied.

So if I cancelled all Christmas festivities for my family because I said Trumps tax plan takes the joy out of it for me, who would be the one to blame?   I'd say it would be one me for being an idiot.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Myles said:

So if I cancelled all Christmas festivities for my family because I said Trumps tax plan takes the joy out of it for me, who would be the one to blame?   I'd say it would be one me for being an idiot.

In my defence I thought the guy was the mayor of Jerusalem, which would have made it far more relevant. So, just this once ;), I'm the idiot of the story.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.