Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Real Time Connection with God

Crazy Horse

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I can quote the Bible, the Holy Koran, the Gnostic Gospels, the Bhagavad Gita, Buddhist and Taoist texts, Native American beliefs etc etc etc.  As I said, many names for God, All One.

"A personal connection to a personal God."

That is your belief

• Like 1

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

I can quote the Bible, the Holy Koran, the Gnostic Gospels, the Bhagavad Gita, Buddhist and Taoist texts, Native American beliefs etc etc etc.  As I said, many names for God, All One.

Those texts are not describing the same God.  You might think they are but practitioners of these religions do not.

So you pick and choose, I can't say I blame you as it's the only way any of it could make sense, but it's still just making it up as you go along.  Each to their own, I'm happy knowing I will never know and death will either be a wild ride or the ultimate serenity.  Good luck in your quest.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Be careful what you wish for.  When you think about the people who have historically claimed to have spoken to gods, it usually doesn't end up all that happy a time for the majority.

Now as a Pagan, I do call down the 'gods' in ritual.  But my concept of what is a god is not what most mainstream western religions would think of as god. Nature is god and being nature is not human I don't expect nature to sit down and have a conversation with me.  I don't expect human answers from that which is not human.  Kind of like asking the dog the time of the day.    

This is why I would love to see this ability disseminated throughout every corner of the globe. For anybody who wanted it. No more lies from anyone!

God is - Infinite Living Mind.

So seeing as how we to have life and a mind - makes it possible.

Perhaps if you asked a question of God, maybe he would give you the time? Your choice, I'm not preaching here, just sharing an idea.

11 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Those texts are not describing the same God.  You might think they are but practitioners of these religions do not.

So you pick and choose, I can't say I blame you as it's the only way any of it could make sense, but it's still just making it up as you go along.  Each to their own, I'm happy knowing I will never know and death will either be a wild ride or the ultimate serenity.  Good luck in your quest.  

Thanks a lot.

I wish you all the best, peace, happiness, everything good.

44 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I can quote  Native American beliefs

No you can't.

Nothing that isn't Newage nonsense has been recorded except certain ceremonies.....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

This is why I would love to see this ability disseminated throughout every corner of the globe. For anybody who wanted it. No more lies from anyone!

God is - Infinite Living Mind.

So seeing as how we to have life and a mind - makes it possible.

Perhaps if you asked a question of God, maybe he would give you the time? Your choice, I'm not preaching here, just sharing an idea.

You're not making sense to me here.  You are saying you want to have this conversation with god, but haven't been successful at it, but you are sure that if I try "God" will for sure talk to me.  Yet from my point of view of the whole having a conversation with "God" just leads to more trouble than it is worth.  God's instructions have lead many people down the garden path to madness and destruction. Your choice, not preaching, just observing. If a Pagan came to me on advice for hearing a god's voice, I would tell them to stop talking and listen.  God's voice is in all things, in the birds, in water, in the trees, in the wind, in the laugh of a child. If you can't understand what God is saying with all that, then you are not listening. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Y God's voice is in all things, in the birds, in water, in the trees, in the wind, in the laugh of a child. If you can't understand what God is saying with all that, then you are not listening. 

Because "Creation" is all things.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Piney said:

No you can't.

Nothing that isn't Newage nonsense has been recorded except certain ceremonies.....

The Great Spirit is what I am talking about.

1 hour ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

You're not making sense to me here.  You are saying you want to have this conversation with god, but haven't been successful at it, but you are sure that if I try "God" will for sure talk to me.  Yet from my point of view of the whole having a conversation with "God" just leads to more trouble than it is worth.  God's instructions have lead many people down the garden path to madness and destruction. Your choice, not preaching, just observing. If a Pagan came to me on advice for hearing a god's voice, I would tell them to stop talking and listen.  God's voice is in all things, in the birds, in water, in the trees, in the wind, in the laugh of a child. If you can't understand what God is saying with all that, then you are not listening. 

Yes, Gods voice is in all things, the water, the wind, bird song etc etc.

But I want to take that to a whole other level.

And then show anybody who cares how they could do the same.

I already pray to God, just as billions of folk from many different cultures and traditions do each day. And my prayers are answered. But they are not answered by a voice. Some preachers and holy men claim to have this ability to hear God clearly. Its not like I would be the first person or the only person to have this communion.

But if you want a paradigm shift like nothing before, then this power given to humanity would change everything overnight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

That depends on your definition of a crime. Some of the biggest 'criminals' in this world have never broken a law in their lives.

Sure but how would talking to God stop any of it? You say God answers your prayers but I say billions of valid prayers go unanswered.

Lets say fraud, kidnapping, child abuse, murder, rape, armed robbery, theft and arson for a start.

There you are, watching the TV, a child has gone missing, you grab a pen and paper, you ask God a few questions, you phone the police and give them all the details....

Pretty soon, there is zero crime, politians are now transparent, corporations must now clean up there act.

As paradigm shifts go - this is the One.

36 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Pretty soon, there is zero crime, politians are now transparent, corporations must now clean up there act.

What would happen if a law was enacted that you disagreed with? Would you be as willing to pass on God's knowledge to convict people of crimes you don't think they should be punished for? If you would choose not to punish these 'criminals' then you are setting yourself up as a moral arbiter and that won't end well in any scenario.

If we are talking about God first setting the exact rules for us to follow then we need to do away with the human justice system and enact God's divine one. In this instance God will stand judge and there is no need for him to talk to anyone before metering out any justice he deems necessary.

Here's the kicker though for me, if God is omnipotent and omniscient then he either intended for those criminals to commit those crimes or intended them to have the free will to commit the crimes. In either scenario why would God want to intervene and take that free will away or go back on his master plan? He knows everything, created everything and is perfect therefore his creation is as intended no?

• Like 1

Just short question: why do you need God? Seriously, why? Can't you live without it? (oops, that was second question, sorry)

5 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

[...]

Here's the kicker though for me, if God is omnipotent and omniscient then he either intended for those criminals to commit those crimes or intended them to have the free will to commit the crimes. In either scenario why would God want to intervene and take that free will away or go back on his master plan? He knows everything, created everything and is perfect therefore his creation is as intended no?

That just proves that God is cruel, sadistic person, in short - bad man.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Here's the kicker though for me, if God is omnipotent and omniscient then he either intended for those criminals to commit those crimes or intended them to have the free will to commit the crimes.

Ironic, demons have free will and angels do not.

Red-flag-clip-art-clipart.jpeg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

What would happen if a law was enacted that you disagreed with? Would you be as willing to pass on God's knowledge to convict people of crimes you don't think they should be punished for? If you would choose not to punish these 'criminals' then you are setting yourself up as a moral arbiter and that won't end well in any scenario.

If we are talking about God first setting the exact rules for us to follow then we need to do away with the human justice system and enact God's divine one. In this instance God will stand judge and there is no need for him to talk to anyone before metering out any justice he deems necessary.

If there is harm, loss or injury to a person or their property, then in my book, thats criminal. But it wouldn't be my opinion that mattered. 

Otherwise we should be treated like adults and allowed to make our own mistakes and learn from these.

Why would God want to intervene in our free will? I dont know, why don't you ask Him if you are really interested?

But maybe you are right? Perhaps God wouldn't interfere in such matters. That is the beauty of this idea. God is in charge.

The Awakened Ones would only transmit what was told to them.

At the end of the day, humanity would still have the free will to commit crimes, but they would also know that they would be caught.

28 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Just short question: why do you need God? Seriously, why? Can't you live without it? (oops, that was second question, sorry)

I could ask you something similar.

How can you live without God and Spirit?

Personally I see the world and humanity as being full of mystery. And to explore my consciousness thru God and Spirit is what fascinates and draws me. I cannot, and do not, want to live without God.

The power, the glory, the wisdom and knowledge. Seriously, why wouldn't you want this? The ability to help the whole of mankind, held within your mind!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

That just proves that God is cruel, sadistic person, in short - bad man.

No, that just goes to show how cruel and sadistic mankind can be.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Ironic, demons have free will and angels do not.

Red-flag-clip-art-clipart.jpeg

Not sure where you got that idea from.

The Universal Principle of Cause and Effect.

On every plane of existence there are causes and effects, even on the angelic, spiritual planes. How else did those angels fall?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Ok, add to the list: malignant narcissist.

Yes, man can be malignant and narcissistic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Hello All

My Spiritual Quest for this moment in time has been whittled down to one simple question. How to have a real time, strong and stable, instantaneous, conscious communion with God? 

A direct and uncorrupted personal line to the Great Universal Mind of THAT.

But this is only a small part of my personal list. So please remember that there is no one and no thing between you and God. 

A Fellowship with, and Walking in - Spirit?

Nice topic.  I like what you've had to say here.  I think it does come down to believing....and practicing those beliefs.  I'm sure there are people who would claim that this type of thing is only in the minds of we who attempt this kind of life.  It may be, only in our minds, or it may not be.  I think it's the is not only in our minds personally.

Having said all that......I suck at it completely.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

The Great Spirit is what I am talking about.

The "Great Spirit" is a White literally translation comparing our higher power with the Christian God. Kiitaanituuwit actually translates as "Creation". The Lakota term translates as "The Great Unknown" We are Pantheistic Deists and Non-dualists. We believe the Universe is one big  spiritual entity who doesn't interfere with the small stuff. You don't pray to "Creation" because that would be self worship. You just acknowledge the fact that "Creation" is in all things by respecting all things. "Creation" is neither good nor evil. Creation is about "balance"  because nothing is completely good or evil.

All those "Prayers to the Great Spirit" are nothing more than White influenced Pan-Indian horse****....

• Like 5

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, man can be malignant and narcissistic.

What do you expect:

1qxx7r.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Different names, same God.

Its ALL One.

That's really the only thing that actually makes sense to me at this point.  The variance in all the worlds religion comes down to people; not God.  I once thought that God wrote the bible - I no longer believe that.  So, I have changed.....my perception and opion has changed over time.  I think that this happens to everyone.  So, you get a religion going....it's working....you tweek it, morph it, change it.....it grows....it evolves.

Since every thing everywhere is constantly evolving.....you get what seems to be different versions of God because of what people say and believe.  How the real God works, why, and so forth; I have no clue.  Life sucks quite a bit, IMHO....so....I sure would like to have a conversation with this Maker of All Things, and get some info.  

At the same time, I understand that having knowledge of something would eliminate faith.  I don't have to believe in what I already know.  I just accept it as factual.  And, if indeed God is concerned only with our faith and how we apply that faith in our lives, regardless of our own brand of religion....then it does kindof make some sense to me.  

• Like 2