Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Real Time Connection with God

Crazy Horse

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Nice topic.  I like what you've had to say here.  I think it does come down to believing....and practicing those beliefs.  I'm sure there are people who would claim that this type of thing is only in the minds of we who attempt this kind of life.  It may be, only in our minds, or it may not be.  I think it's the is not only in our minds personally.

Having said all that......I suck at it completely.  

At least you have an open mind about it all, so that elivates you above most folks around here lol!

Faith, practice, experience and proof. A trust in God and Spirit that keeps growing.

There are folks who can heal in the name of God and the Holy Spirit. Why aren't these people on the front page of every magazine, newspaper, tv programmes etc? I mean, you could take a doctor to check out all the infirm before and after the healing.

• Like 1

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

At least you have an open mind about it all, so that elivates you above most folks around here lol!

Faith, practice, experience and proof. A trust in God and Spirit that keeps growing.

There are folks who can heal in the name of God and the Holy Spirit. Why aren't these people on the front page of every magazine, newspaper, tv programmes etc? I mean, you could take a doctor to check out all the infirm before and after the healing.

I don't know.  But I know that there have been plenty of phony ones exposed and their faces have made the headlines.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

The "Great Spirit" is a White literally translation comparing our higher power with the Christian God. Kiitaanituuwit actually translates as "Creation". The Lakota term translates as "The Great Unknown" We are Pantheistic Deists and Non-dualists. We believe the Universe is one big  spiritual entity who doesn't interfere with the small stuff. You don't pray to "Creation" because that would be self worship. You just acknowledge the fact that "Creation" is in all things by respecting all things. "Creation" is neither good nor evil. Creation is about "balance"  because nothing is completely good or evil.

All those "Prayers to the Great Spirit" are nothing more than White influenced Pan-Indian horse****....

Ok, whatever the real name is - thats what I am talking about.

And whatever those shaman did - thats what I am talking about.

Different names, cultures and tradictions - same Absolute Being.

I am trying to rise above the mere detail of different names, beliefs, dogmas and theologies so that I can commune with THAT.

Whatever THAT Actually Is!

Its what I am seeking.

• Like 1

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

Ok, whatever the real name is - thats what I am talking about.

And whatever those shaman did - thats what I am talking about.

Different names, cultures and tradictions - same Absolute Being.

I am trying to rise above the mere detail of different names, beliefs, dogmas and theologies so that I can commune with THAT.

Its what I am seeking.

But we don't personify it and in our eyes it's neither good nor evil. and we don't have Shamans. That is Central Asia

I'm not suppose to be talking about our beliefs to outsiders let alone online. But if it will correct misconceptions I will.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

What do you expect:

1qxx7r.jpg

What do I expect?

Good question.

I expect a Loving, Understanding and Wise God.

But to be honest, I don't know. That is why I am seeking a real time connection with God. So that I can replace expectations with a personal knowing and experience.

32 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I could ask you something similar.

How can you live without God and Spirit?

Personally I see the world and humanity as being full of mystery. And to explore my consciousness thru God and Spirit is what fascinates and draws me. I cannot, and do not, want to live without God.

The power, the glory, the wisdom and knowledge. Seriously, why wouldn't you want this? The ability to help the whole of mankind, held within your mind!

I can, I live, I enjoy my life (with all ups and downs). Can't you?

32 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

No, that just goes to show how cruel and sadistic mankind can be.

God made humans on his image, isn't he? So, here you are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Its what I am seeking.

I fear it isn't something you can commune with, especially if you are referring to Piney's views. If I understood him correctly.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, man can be malignant and narcissistic.

So as God.

Again, why do you need God?

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

But we don't personify it and in our eyes it's neither good nor evil. and we don't have Shamans. That is Central Asia

I'm not suppose to be talking about our beliefs to outsiders let alone online. But if it will correct misconceptions I will.

Ok, you dont personify IT and you dont have shamen. Apologies.

But whatever IT is - that is what I am talking about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

But whatever IT is - that is what I am talking about

People have asking this since the dawn of human consciousness (I should imagine, I wasn't present). 

There isn't a single answer that can be given that will satisfy.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Guyver said:

That's really the only thing that actually makes sense to me at this point.  The variance in all the worlds religion comes down to people; not God.  I once thought that God wrote the bible - I no longer believe that.  So, I have changed.....my perception and opion has changed over time.  I think that this happens to everyone.  So, you get a religion going....it's working....you tweek it, morph it, change it.....it grows....it evolves.

Since every thing everywhere is constantly evolving.....you get what seems to be different versions of God because of what people say and believe.  How the real God works, why, and so forth; I have no clue.  Life sucks quite a bit, IMHO....so....I sure would like to have a conversation with this Maker of All Things, and get some info.  

At the same time, I understand that having knowledge of something would eliminate faith.  I don't have to believe in what I already know.  I just accept it as factual.  And, if indeed God is concerned only with our faith and how we apply that faith in our lives, regardless of our own brand of religion....then it does kindof make some sense to me.  

Well life does suck for a lot of folks a lot of the time.

So something is evidently wrong with our belief system right now - Otherwise we would have peace on earth and amazing lives.

So we go to the Source, the Absolute, God, and try to find out just what is wrong and how we might fix it.

Last night I prayed for some healing, to have some proof, (I don't have a problem about proving my beliefs), and today my illness is pretty much gone. An illness that Ive had for over 6 months.

15 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

I can, I live, I enjoy my life (with all ups and downs). Can't you?

Yes I can.

But I want to know all about the mysteries of life, of our human consciousness and God.

Normal life can be good, but its, err, a bit normal. I have so many unanswered questions, and when I see someone suffering, my heart breaks, I wish that I had the skill, power and overall ability to help that person. Maybe help turn their life around 180 degrees - if they wanted some help that is.

To be totally honest with you, I see the absolute filth and horrendous suffering in the world and it torments me.

I want to see a better day.

For Everyone.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

God made humans on his image, isn't he? So, here you are.

Free will.

Instead of shifting the blame onto God, humanity should try taking responcibility for their own actions. We might start to solve a few more problems!

We are made in His image. Yes, we have Life and Consciousness.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

I fear it isn't something you can commune with, especially if you are referring to Piney's views. If I understood him correctly.

Well it wont be for a lack of trying.

28 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

So as God.

Again, why do you need God?

Because I want to elivate myself out of ignorance and away from all the unnecessary suffering that follows like a shadow.

Why do you care?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

People have asking this since the dawn of human consciousness (I should imagine, I wasn't present). 

There isn't a single answer that can be given that will satisfy.

Not unless you go to the Actual Source Itself.

I mean, have you tried to create a real time, constant communion with God?

Perhaps then your thirst for knowledge will be satisfied?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes I can.

But I want to know all about the mysteries of life, of our human consciousness and God.

Normal life can be good, but its, err, a bit normal. I have so many unanswered questions, and when I see someone suffering, my heart breaks, I wish that I had the skill, power and overall ability to help that person. Maybe help turn their life around 180 degrees - if they wanted some help that is.

To be totally honest with you, I see the absolute filth and horrendous suffering in the world and it torments me.

I want to see a better day.

For Everyone.

Again, brings the question: why do you need God?

• Like 2

This should be fun ...

~

Conversations with God - Wikipedia

Conversations with God (CwG) is a sequence of books written by Neale Donald Walsch. It was written as a dialogue in which Walsch asks questions and God answers. The first book of the Conversations with God series, Conversations with God, Book 1: An Uncommon Dialogue, was published in 1995 and became a ...

~

Conversations with God Foundation - Home

www.cwg.org/

Sharing the messages contained in the Conversations with God books. Connect with CWG readers and subscribe to the free email bulletin.

~

Neale Donald Walsch: CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD, Book 1

www.universe-people.com/english/.../en/en_kniha_conversations_with_god_1.htm

CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD. Book 1. an uncommon dialogue. NEALE DONALD WALSCH. 1995. www.cosmic-people.com. www.angels-heaven.org. CONTENTS. (*). Acknowledgments. (**). Introduction. (1). Chapter 1. (2). Chapter 2. (3). Chapter 3. (4). Chapter 4. (5). Chapter 5. (6). Chapter 6. (7). Chapter 7. (8). Chapter ...

~

~

[00.01:34]

~

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

He's looking for a golden age, from the darkest source there is.

3 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

You might as well ask why a leopard needs the forrest or why the rose needs rain?

Its a part of my DNA, its in my blood, its my Souls desire.

Why do you care why I need God?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Because I want to elivate myself out of ignorance and away from all the unnecessary suffering that follows like a shadow.

Why do you care?

I don't care,, just curious: why do you need God?

Can't you do all those things by yourself? Without any God, or whatever?

BTW, your "unnecessary suffering that follows like a shadow" is kinda shallow, put some yellow/pink/blue hues there.

1 minute ago, bmk1245 said:

I don't care,, just curious: why do you need God?

Can't you do all those things by yourself? Without any God, or whatever?

BTW, your "unnecessary suffering that follows like a shadow" is kinda shallow, put some yellow/pink/blue hues there.

Suffering follows ignorance like a shadow - is perfectly apt.

Therefor, to have a true and real connection to God would eliminate all ignorance and suffering too.

Is that a good enough reason to know God?

2 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

He's looking for a golden age, from the darkest source there is.

Word salad, in short, I'll grant that, nevertheless, word salad.

BTW, why 'golden age'? Why not 'platinum age'?