Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video shows one of Trump's judicial nominees

ExpandMyMind

So much cringe.

I've said it as a joke, but this really does look like a descent into a kakistocracy, does it not?

• Like 1

That was hard to watch (saw a clip on the network newscast). I almost feel sorry for the guy. The sad and scary thing is that there are many incompetent people in high places, and many of these people have a lot of control and power. You can see this in your own neighborhood.

• Like 1

Petersen withdrew his nomination on December 16. 

One of the main parts of good management is the ability to select the right people for key positions. To select freaks for key positions is bad management. Example for the latter:

Edited by toast
  • Like 3

On 16/12/2017 at 4:43 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

So much cringe.

You're not kidding. That was not only pitiful but painful to watch. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 6:13 PM, Paranormal Panther said:

That was hard to watch (saw a clip on the network newscast). I almost feel sorry for the guy. The sad and scary thing is that there are many incompetent people in high places, and many of these people have a lot of control and power. You can see this in your own neighborhood.

I'm sure he is a good man and very proficient at what he does....but...seriously....if you want to be a judge, you should have some litigation experience...preferably...a hell of a lot of  it!

I have experienced Experts in my own industry with power and control and ZERO field experience.  They have all the numbers...they know all of the Laws concerning the industry...but without Field Experience...one necessarily lacks the empathy which should surround those in said field.

Imagine applying for a job as a used car salesman:  Have you ever sold used cars? No.  What sales experience do you have?  None.  Do you own a car?  No.  Have you ever driven a car? No.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joc said:

I'm sure he is a good man and very proficient at what he does....but...seriously....if you want to be a judge, you should have some litigation experience...preferably...a hell of a lot of  it!

I have experienced Experts in my own industry with power and control and ZERO field experience.  They have all the numbers...they know all of the Laws concerning the industry...but without Field Experience...one necessarily lacks the empathy which should surround those in said field.

Imagine applying for a job as a used car salesman:  Have you ever sold used cars? No.  What sales experience do you have?  None.  Do you own a car?  No.  Have you ever driven a car? No.  

Yeah, next thing they'll elect a president with no political experience! 

Oh. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Setton said:

Oh. 

Oh surely rich and powerful folks get a degree in politcs, wouldnt it be standard issue? 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Oh. 

Pffft...that is exactly what we need!

A Leader with mucho experience leading...and getting things done...rather than playing politics.

8 hours ago, toast said:

Petersen withdrew his nomination on December 16. 

One of the main parts of good management is the ability to select the right people for key positions. To select freaks for key positions is bad management. Example for the latter:

Mr. Trump has nominated about three dozen district court judges, but only six have been appointed. Several of his trial court nominees have come under fire for lack of experience, out-of-the-mainstream statements or poor preparation for the confirmation process, fueling a competing narrative that Mr. Trump is putting up unqualified nominees.

In a statement, Senator Dianne Feinstein of California, the ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, said Mr. Petersen was “clearly not qualified” and that there was “no room for on-the-job training” on the bench in the nation’s capital, where he had been nominated to serve.

“Three Trump judicial nominees are now reported to have withdrawn over the past week,” she said. “This is a clear signal that the White House isn’t properly vetting nominees but instead counting on Senate Republicans to jam them through with minimal review.”

NYT

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, joc said:

A Leader with mucho experience leading...and getting things done...rather than playing politics.

Having a politician who doesn't understand politics or diplomacy is like having a mechanic who doesn't understand cars. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 4

No it isn't like that at all.  And...Trump understands Politics very well...you cannot be the CEO of a Billion dollar empire...especially in the industry his was focused in and not have a complete understanding of both politics and diplomacy.  Trump has a zillion more times experience in both than Obama ever had.  What did Obama ever really do substantively in the Political Spectrum except organize a bunch of Leftist ne'erdowells to do his bidding?  

Trump is the most Presidential President we've had in a long, long time.  He isn't part of the BlueBloodEstablishment Vein....which is precisely why they hate him....not sure really why people like you do except that it is just where your mindset has been conditioned to be.

1 hour ago, joc said:

Pffft...that is exactly what we need!

You're not familiar with the concept of irony are you? 

(it doesn't mean like bronzy or goldy but made of iron) 

10 minutes ago, Setton said:

You're not familiar with the concept of irony are you? 

(it doesn't mean like bronzy or goldy but made of iron) 

Irony....the feeling involved while flattening out one's clothes with a hot iron...As she flattened out her sweater...she felt a little irony.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, joc said:

I'm not arguing that. I see no reason why he should be approved. From this clip, it sounds like he lacks both the education and the experience needed for the job. There are candidates who have more competence, and they should be considered for this position.

• Like 1

Not that I would take the job if offered...but I have more experience than he does.  I've been called for jury duty many times