Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Dept. of Defense Confirms UFO Research

Inversion5

56 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Well if it is about SETI I think they are a cover operation and not doing what they say they are doing. That is just my thoughts on that one. I am sure I will get ridiculed for that one.:D

And what do you think they are doing?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Which is why I don't understand with all of these new planets that are being found all the time. SETI had not picked up a single signal. Now that is beyond belief for me. It just seems fishy. But that is just me.

Its not a standard that all Kepler exoplanets automatically get scanned by SETI but they are on the list.

There are several observing projects currently running on the Allen Telescope Array (ATA). One is a reconnaissance of star systems found to have planets (or planet candidates) by NASA’s Kepler Mission, and especially those planets in their own stellar habitable zone. Kepler has uncovered thousands of candidate planets since its launch, and these are on the observing list for the ATA. They will be examined over a spectral range from 1 to 9 GHz (1000 – 9000 MHz).

link

And, Keplers field of view is a very tiny one:

On 26.6.2016 at 10:39 PM, toast said:

For those who dont know Kepler's field of view yet I have taken a screenshot from Stellarium , which also display by Kepler detected exoplanets. The area monitored by Kepler is just 0,25% of the sky (an area that you can cover with your hand on yr sprawled arm) and K. can detect planetary systems up to a distance of 3k LY, wich is roughly 3% of the Milky Way`s diameter. But even in this very tiny spot, ca. 3.285 confimed planets have been detected already.

qU0wXRI.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

It depends what you think is evidence. I myself see a lot of evidence for it but to each their own.

I see a lot of evidence but I don't see a lot of quality evidence and certainly nothing in the category of 'beyond doubt'.

11 hours ago, stereologist said:

Now you post something that might be of interest. Why did it take you so long to post it? Where is a link?

This still doe snot change the fact that you were dead wrong to include the O'hare incident.

I gave you the name of the report use Google or Bing. Obviously I disagree with your opinion. 

11 hours ago, stereologist said:

So you have nothing to support your statements. We already knew that

No there was a Senate hearing to discuss incursions into U.S. Airspace. This was originally not classified but one of the Senators invited Richard Haines to discuss some of the incidents, the Pentagon then had the hearing classified due to what had been discussed in the hearing. That this happened supports what I said.

13 hours ago, stereologist said:

You are again making an appeal to authority instead of examining the evidence itself which shows a jet.

The evidence does not show a Jet. Not everything in which people are trained to do something when you are not is an Appeal to Authority. Stereologist you clearly have an issue here with the existence of UAP/UFO's that most of do not have. I'ts not a Jet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lost_shaman said:

Stereologist you clearly have an issue here with the existence of UAP/UFO's that most of do not have.

i do

11 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Credible is not the same thing as likable. 

Elizondo has credibility because of who he is. The service members also have credibility because of their experience.

The intelligence officers have credibility because they are intelligence officers with distinguished careers.

I'm sure you understand the difference between credibility and likability.

And I might add that we don't get to look at the evidence, because it's classified.

Elizondo, other intelligence officers, and the service members involved are the only people who got to see it

I see that you have nothing of substance to post. Had you any evidence you can post it. All of this  appeal to authority is rather uninteresting.

You are also very wrong to say there is no evidence. There is. It is two videos showing a distant jet.

11 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Mundane. Ordinary. A typical aircraft a pilot would see on a regular basis.

Thanks for defining the term to show it has no relevance to this issue.

11 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Yes the skeptics think we are gullible but I think it is quite the opposite. They are gullible enough to think we aren't being visited when it is pretty obvious now. I think most of them like to just argue. I guess it makes the forum fun though. We would be pretty bored without the naysayers.

All we ask for is evidence and so far there are a few stories. Please learn the meaning of skeptic and gullible.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I don't know the answer to a lot of things. 

What I do know about this particular subject is that an intelligence officer working for the Pentagon investigating UFOs believes there are aircraft here that are not from any country on Earth. 

You can only avoid evidence for so long. An appeal to authority is a rather limited venture. It eventually fails when the evidence does not come from that source.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Your argument is that because people can't explain technology that is far more advanced than ours...it couldn't possibly exist?

No. You seem to miss the point that there is no such thing as alien physics. Aliens are constrained  by the same physics we are.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Kelvin, Lord William Thomson
Scottish mathematician and physicist who contributed to many branches of physics.his 1895 statement "heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible" (Australian Institute of Physics), followed by his 1896 statement, "I have not the smallest molecule of faith in aerial navigation other than ballooning...I would not care to be a member of the Aeronautical Society." Kelvin is also known for an address to an assemblage of physicists at the British Association for the advancement of Science in 1900 in which he stated, "There is nothing new to be discovered in physics now. All that remains is more and more precise measurement."

http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/biography/Kelvin.html

There are all sorts of odd statements by people. There are even off statements by Elizondo.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

The Pentagon put this guy in charge of investigating UFOs. 

Do you think they would put someone in charge of that who couldn't tell bloom on a FLIR from something unidentified?

Yes. I believe that Elizondo made a mistake. The released videos show issues which I have posted links to that IR EXPERTS say are bloom. Yet,you cling to Elizondo like a drowning person grasping to a piece of flotsam.

• Like 1

Of course.

And you'd want to put someone in charge of that who would know the difference between mundane aircraft at a distance, bloom on a FLIR, and something as yet unidentified.

Too bad Elizondo failed. The government needs to hire better contractors.

• Like 1

Except this wasn't a company. He worked for the Pentagon. 

And to clarify...he resigned because he felt that his work was important and not being taken seriously enough.

Other intelligence officials agreed with him and are also working with him. 

Let's be clear. He worked IN the Pentagon, not FOR the Pentagon. He resigned for whatever reason and switched to a different job. Maybe this "not being taken seriously enough" reason is that he was off the wall. Maybe he didn't get a promotion because his assessments were not balanced. Maybe he pushed the UFO angle when it was unwarranted. The videos certainly back up that position.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

It was his choice to resign. And you're still believing that the program shut down when they said it did. 

As I said before, we wouldn't even know about the program if it wasn't for Elizondo. 

They haven't exactly been transparent on this type of thing before.

How do you know it was his choice?  Maybe he figured out he was going to get fired or maybe he was told he was being terminated. How o you know? You don't Just more and more assumptions.

• Like 1

We shall see. Maybe more info gets released.

Elizondo said there would be more to follow. 

So far he is connected to two videos of distant jets. Do you think he will be connected to more non-evidence?

• Like 1

So now it's about what his prospects are in the future, and not about what he has been privy to as an intelligence officer for the Pentagon, investigating UFOs.

I dunno why we're still talking about money, though. No one is forcing anyone to donate to Elizondo...or SETI, for that matter. 

Of course, it's exciting when someone like Elizondo says on the air that he believes we may not be alone, and provides video evidence. 

If someone from SETI did that, I'd be excited, too...except they didn't. 

Why do two videos of distant jets excite you so much? Why make all sorts of assumptions about Elizondo?

The reason SETI does not make all sorts of absurd statements is that they are a respectable organization.

• Like 2

Thread cleaned

Members are again reminded to be civil and courteous when commenting - rudeness and hostility is not appreciated.

Thank you.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I felt kinda bad for him. So he got a little action in the Oval Office.

It's like...the ultimate backstage pass. 

Of course he was gonna lie about it. 

And it was consensual, unlike many encounters we've been hearing about of late. 

Not to derail the thread but Clinton has had some allegations brought up against him in the past and not to recently.

Bill Clinton is facing explosive new charges of sexual assault from four women, according to highly placed Democratic Party sources and an official who served in both the Clinton and Obama administrations.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5090399/Bill-Clinton-accused-sexual-assault-four-women.html

The ability of any system to "recognize and identify" is based on a process called matched filtering.

Nowhere does the glossy suggest it can recognize and identify the aircraft it is following. It mentions a future enhancement called automatic target recognition. Identifying a target is not the same as identifying an aircraft.

30 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Nowhere does the glossy suggest it can recognize and identify the aircraft it is following. It mentions a future enhancement called automatic target recognition. Identifying a target is not the same as identifying an aircraft.

Not only can the ATFLIR do this but the Super Hornet's RADAR is capable of identifying Targets as well.

The Raytheon AN/ALR-67(V)3 radar warning receiver intercepts, identifies and prioritises threat signals, which are characterised in terms of frequency, amplitude, direction and pulse width.

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/fa18/

Bold emphasis mine. 

Edited by lost_shaman

• The topic was locked