Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
MrBene

Movies you love but everybody hates

8 posts in this topic

We all have that "couple of movies" that you have to watch alone because no one wants to watch it with you because they think it's silly, unfunny, boring, a piece of crap but for some reason we love it and we keep on watching over and over.

Mine:

1) A night at the Roxbury.

I know it's silly, stupid probably not very funny but something about the characters, the plot, makes me laugh everytime I watch it. So when I'm feeling down or bored I watch the DVD. 

2) That thing you do!

Another film (first Tom Hanks film?) that passed without much success and many people that I know think it's boring beyond comprehension. Also, they think the song sucks. What's so fab about it? They ask. I don't know. Maybe the 50/60's vibe, maybe the characters, maybe that it's about some underdogs that become famous for a while. I don't know. It's one of my favorites. 

1 person likes this

huh. i always thought "that thing you do" was a pretty well recieved movie, and song. i know i liked it, and i thought they did a great job writing a song that sounded catchy, fun, and like a one hit wonder. it worked perfectly.

edit: heck, it still gets caught in my head sometimes, and it's been a long time since i watched that movie.

Edited by seaturtlehorsesnake

Trash Humpers

2 people like this

I really loved this movie called Darkness with Anna Pacquin.

Anytime I see it on I still have to watch it.

And people in the theater complained out loud how much it sucked at the end. Lol. 

I guess for me it's old hokey horror movies like Ghoulies or The Gate. 

I still think they're funny. 

Also, a lot of people didn't like the new Evil Dead, and again, it's a movie I will watch over and over again.

Some people didn't like Cabin in the Woods, and I thought it was awesome. 

Halloween 3 Season of the Witch, Leprechaun and Motel Hell 

1 person likes this

On 12/17/2017 at 1:19 PM, Skulduggery said:

Trash Humpers

i'll support this even though i find harmony korine himself to be mostly unbearable.

1 person likes this

On 12/18/2017 at 9:12 PM, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

i'll support this even though i find harmony korine himself to be mostly unbearable.

I really like Gummo, but Spring Breakers was so lame. I met him once. He seemed really nervous for some reason.

2 people like this