Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery 'dino' creature discovered in India

Still Waters

Scientists have been left mystified after the body of a creature resembling a dinosaur was discovered with flesh still on its bones.

The partially-preserved corpse was discovered by an electrician cleaning out a sub-station that had been left untouched for 35 years in Jaspur, a small city in Uttarakhand, India.

It resembles a small dinosaur, but since flightless dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 million years, scientists have struggled to identify it.

The creature has now been sent for analysis, including carbon dating, which will reveal its age.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5182571/Corpse-resembling-DINOSAUR-flesh-bones.html

• Like 5

Those look like mammalian teeth. If the front legs really are that short, I'd guess a misplaced marsupial. 

Looks like a dead mongoose to me.  

i-9f82e2e49603f18c8ee5520c313a1869-new-s

• Like 5

I don't understand why any paleontologists would even waste their time on this one. Says more about the sad state of paleontology in India than anything else.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 2

Unfortunately it' the media who distorts information or over estimate things. Since 1 or 2 scientists is all of the scientists?