Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Close encounters today: a global UFO update

UM-Bot

Based on recent data collected, as you read this, a close encounter could very well be happening somewhere in the world. The number of experiencers ranges from a single witness to hundreds. Some are reported, others are secrets taken to the grave. With reported close encounters as an ongoing phenomenon and because of multiple factors, ironically many due to the advances in technology, it has become harder than ever for anyone, private or government, to accurately separate an experience that is being misinterpreted from an authentic close encounter.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=314248

• Like 3

With all of the worldwide reports and updates at this time of year,

you would think there would be a lot fewer :rolleyes: skeptics.

serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fmoziru.com%2Fi

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aka CAT said:

It is hard to believe I guess for some. They like to still think we are the center of the Universe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, aka CAT said:

It's the bizarre nature of the phenomena that keeps a lot of people in disbelieve regardless of the substantial evidence.

Even though it's not hard evidence, one would think it would raise an eyebrow. If it goes against one's belief system, it will be reject.

Edited by Hawkin
  • Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 2:41 PM, aka CAT said:

And why would that be? There is still absolutely no tangible evidence of anything, just anecdotes. Nothing whatsoever to go on.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

On 1/2/2018 at 11:53 AM, Hawkin said:

It's the bizarre nature of the phenomena that keeps a lot of people in disbelieve regardless of the substantial evidence.

What substantial evidence would that be, exactly?! The sad fact is that there is absolutely no substantial evidence for ET visitation whatsoever. None. 

Even though it's not hard evidence, one would think it would raise an eyebrow. If it goes against one's belief system, it will be reject.

Not really. All we have are anecdotes and many have been shown to be mundane misidentified events or hoaxes. The rest are, well, just stories with no evidence.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

On 12/24/2017 at 1:22 PM, Truthseeker007 said:

It is hard to believe I guess for some.

Yes, because some of us wants to *know* rather than blindly believe just because believing happens to be inline with our imagination.

They like to still think we are the center of the Universe.

Can you point to a single poster who ever claimed such nonsense? No, you cannot to the best of my knowledge. Just because some of us do not believe in ET visitation does not mean that we think we are the center of the Universe. It is the usual pathetic believer whining when that segment have nothing to argue with, yet still feel inclined to air their frustration. It's old and worn out.

Cheers, 
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

2 hours ago, badeskov said:

What substantial evidence would that be, exactly?! The sad fact is that there is absolutely no substantial evidence for ET visitation whatsoever. None. 

Not really. All we have are anecdotes and many have been shown to be mundane misidentified events or hoaxes. The rest are, well, just stories with no evidence.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Speaking of hoaxes. According to Steve Pierce who was one of the witnesses to the Travis Walton Incident. He claims that the late Philip Klass offered him money to say the situation was a Hoax. Now if there's nothing to this phenomena, why bribe a witness? 5 min. video

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Hawkin said:

Speaking of hoaxes. According to Steve Pierce who was one of the witnesses to the Travis Walton Incident. He claims that the late Philip Klass offered him money to say the situation was a Hoax. Now if there's nothing to this phenomena, why bribe a witness? 5 min. video

<SNIP>

Seriously?! There is nothing in the Walton story that shows that this was anything real.

Cheers,
Badeskov

While I don't view this as being proof for alien visitation/abduction it's still a pretty interesting case. If the men on the logging crew were able to pass lie detector tests then something must have happened that night. I suspect that this case will simply remained unexplained.

• Like 3

While Travis Walton got fame and fortune from the incident. It doesn't seem that Steve Pierce got much from it. He didn't want this in his life and it's caused him nothing but hardship. Moving from state to state and changing his name so people won't know him. Doesn't sound like a guy that's looking to profit on this phenomena. Though Philip Klass offered him $10,000 to change his story. That's about $50,000 in today's money. Klass seemed to have a lot of money.

• Like 1

If I saw or experienced what these men did, I dont think I would report it to Mufon or anyone else outside of my immediate family. That kind of fame carries a huge burden with it. Being called a liar or worse, mentally deranged has probably kept a lot of mouths shut over the centuries. Cheers

Hank

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

If I saw or experienced what these men did, I dont think I would report it to Mufon or anyone else outside of my immediate family. That kind of fame carries a huge burden with it. Being called a liar or worse, mentally deranged has probably kept a lot of mouths shut over the centuries. Cheers

Hank

After watching documentaries of many people who testified to their encounters, I've pondered that myself if it happened to me. I probably would join a support group that experienced the same situations and keep it within the group and exclude friends and family. I wouldn't even take it to the internet knowing what would be in store for me. Especially this website. I've notice that there's a great deal of effort to negate this phenomena for something that doesn't happen. And that's a mystery in itself.

• Like 3

On 1/14/2018 at 2:04 PM, Hawkin said:

After watching documentaries of many people who testified to their encounters, I've pondered that myself if it happened to me. I probably would join a support group that experienced the same situations and keep it within the group and exclude friends and family. I wouldn't even take it to the internet knowing what would be in store for me. Especially this website. I've notice that there's a great deal of effort to negate this phenomena for something that doesn't happen. And that's a mystery in itself.

i agree that there is a vocal minority not just in the media and the internet but everywhere that attributes UFO sightings as a figment of the imagination, drug abuse or even worse a mental condition yet most people i speak to actually believe that there is something more to the UFO phenomenon than a "logical explanation." i mean even Hilary Clinton promised to make UFO investigations open. an obvious attempt to garner more votes, i know, just illustrating that most people are believers. maybe being told what to believe is the real conspiracy.     

Edited by Captain Risky

17 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

i agree that there is a vocal minority not just in the media and the internet but everywhere that attributes UFO sightings as a figment of the imagination, drug abuse or even worse a mental condition yet most people i speak to actually believe that there is something more to the UFO phenomenon than a "logical explanation." i mean even Hilary Clinton promised to make UFO investigations open. an obvious attempt to garner more votes, i know, just illustrating that most people are believers. maybe being told what to believe is the real conspiracy.     

What has me interested in the phenomena is the millions of people around the world that report experiences with such similarity. If it's hallucinations, sleep paralysis or drug use. Then why do these people describe their experiences similar to each other? I would think each one would have different experiences. I heard stories where people on LSD would have episodes like dancing rabbits, trees talking to them, things like that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hawkin said:

What has me interested in the phenomena is the millions of people around the world that report experiences with such similarity. If it's hallucinations, sleep paralysis or drug use. Then why do these people describe their experiences similar to each other? I would think each one would have different experiences. I heard stories where people on LSD would have episodes like dancing rabbits, trees talking to them, things like that.

its not just the millions of people but the various government bodies around the world that have invested great sums of money, resources and time investigating and documenting UFO sightings over the past 70 years. the pentagon and CIA are but two examples. 

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/pentagon-spent-31-million-per-year-investigating-ufos

• 3 months later...

Everyone has a camera in their pocket these days... where are the photos of these ET encounters if they're really happening?

On 1/14/2018 at 10:39 AM, Hankenhunter said:

Hank

Since MUFON had nutters like Tompkins, Goode and the other claimed Mars visitors at their "conference" they have lost all credibility. Richard Dolan should have told them he wouldn't appear with those idiots.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:20 AM, Occams Razor said:

Everyone has a camera in their pocket these days... where are the photos of these ET encounters if they're really happening?

They are on youtube, where else? New ones everyday

On 5/15/2018 at 8:20 AM, Occams Razor said:

To be be quite honest with you Occams Razor - If I suddenly came across an extraterrestrial vehicle (which had landed) and found humanoids approaching me...Well, I would feel terrified, shocked and have a sudden desire to flee.  The last thing on my mind would be to dig out my phone and then start taking lots of pictures.

• Like 1

And if people do have camera phones on them and do takes pictures then the pics are accused of being photoshop or a person in a costume.

Idk, but why don't the little boogers just make a grand entry all at once for all of the world to see. Hell, at least that way, we'd be put out of our misery by having to constantly wonder in whether they exist or not. 

Doctor_Who_Dalek_motherships_9897.jpg

8 hours ago, Hawkin said:

And if people do have camera phones on them and do takes pictures then the pics are accused of being photoshop or a person in a costume.

Could you point out the ones where those were unfair comments?  Start with the best you've got.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 6:55 PM, Astra. said:

Idk, but why don't the little boogers just make a grand entry all at once for all of the world to see. Hell, at least that way, we'd be put out of our misery by having to constantly wonder in whether they exist or not. 

Doctor_Who_Dalek_motherships_9897.jpg

A  very gradual form of contact, while more frustrating for us, might be considered the best. A much more technically capable civilization swooping down on us, all at once, could be very frightening and disruptive. Even if fear were eventually allayed, it could be demoralizing for us to be suddenly confronted with a race who could do a great many things far better than we can. The process of extraterrestrial contact could be a good deal more complicated, and careful, than a 'grand entrance'.      

• Like 2