Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Navy pilot saw object 'not of this world'

UM-Bot

Sunstrike on a SAM, sunglare off a submarine, bouncing torpedo, advanced drone, other advanced weapons systems, laser, misidentification, cracked helmet visor, mirage, penguin, tic tac...

The list of possible answers goes round and round but never includes ET ;)

• Like 2

Mirage penguin. Yep.

9 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Sunstrike on a SAM, sunglare off a submarine, bouncing torpedo, advanced drone, other advanced weapons systems, laser, misidentification, cracked helmet visor, mirage, penguin, tic tac...

The list of possible answers goes round and round but never includes ET ;)

Sure it does. "Later speaking to ABC News, he said: "I can tell you, I think it was not from this world. I'm not crazy, haven't been drinking. It was - after 18 years of flying, I've seen pretty much about everything that I can see in that realm, and this was nothing close."    

• Like 5

So a pilot cannot figure out what they saw. Won't be the first one to be confused about what they saw. Arnold is another one. Doesn't tell us what it is though. Confusion does not lead to a conclusion.

• Like 6

I would like to hear what some else in the unit has to say....and any written reports on their findings? 

How long was the "object" there for before the unit arrived and who had reported it in the first place?

Was anything seen entering our atmosphere prior to this or leaving it,  maybe by one of the numerous sky watchers let alone a satellite?

....was it detected on any radars?

He does not say in the article that there was a report made on what they saw  at the time...not even hidden from public view.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Being a U.S.Navy Commander it would not be in this persons interest to elaborate the truth, he stated what he saw and is believable .

I agree. I do not think this tells us more than he has no idea what he saw.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Being a U.S.Navy Commander it would not be in this persons interest to elaborate the truth, he stated what he saw and is believable .

What "truth"? Just because someone in the air force or any other military force said something doesn't make it more true, valid or believable.

Furthermore if this was real then why didn't local radars and flight towers report any anomalous objects? Why just him?

• Like 2

This story is getting more than normal press. More from Washington Post

"An order came in for him to suspend the exercise and do some “real-world tasking,” about 60 miles west of their location, Fravor said. He said he was told by the command that there were some unidentified flying objects descending from 80,000 feet to 20,000 feet and disappearing; he said officials told him they had been tracking a couple dozen of these objects for a few weeks.

When they arrived closer to the point, they saw the object, flying around a patch of white water in the ocean below. “A white Tic Tac, about the same size as a Hornet, 40 feet long with no wings,” Fravor described. “Just hanging close to the water.”

Edited by UFOwatcher
WA POST part story
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

I would like to hear what some else in the unit has to say....and any written reports on their findings?

yep, i was going to say this too-- something tells me we will not hear about this from anyone else

edit to add:

anyways what's all this about?? (from the article):

Mere days after it was revealed that the US government had been funding a secretive UFO investigations program

Edited by Dejarma

7 minutes ago, bison said:

A man doesn't rise to the rank of Navy Commander without proving himself a very disciplined, and responsible person, and one who is very knowledgeable about matters that may arise in connection with his duties. Has it actually been ascertained that the local radar stations, flight towers, pilots, or other personnel  did not see this object?

There are many sightings reported by responsible people where the object they have seen (near military bases/airports etc) has not been recorded on any radar screen, which does not mean that its not there, eg:- an iceberg at night does not appear on a ship's radar , I have witnessed this .

• Like 1

The object apparently disappeared, eluding more detailed study. That seems to be the trouble with the UFO phenomenon, in general. Perhaps the phenomenon does not wish to be too thoroughly examined, and has the power to prevent this. If so, it would remain ambiguous, and unproven to science, even as a fleeting appearance is presented to more and more people. 

What stands out for me is not so much this particular incident, amazing though it is.

What stands out for me is that the government was funding a UFO investigation at all.

$22M for the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program.  This, long after Blue Book was closed, buried, resurrected, zombie-killed, and reburied.

Why?

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, NuclearImplosion said:

Why?

A nuclear attack by another country maybe??:rolleyes: ya know, just a guess

edit to add:

who's saying the government was funding a UFO investigation?

Edited by Dejarma

"This was nothing like anything I've ever seen before, therefore... it is not of this world."

That is some pretty sound logic, right there.

• Like 5

"This was nothing like anything I've ever seen before, therefore... it is not of this world."

That sounds like someone admitting they did not recognize what they saw.

• Like 4

The object was reported to resemble a short cylinder with rounded ends, like a TicTac mint, and to be disturbing the sea below it in manner unlike what an aircraft would do. When approached, it departed much faster than an aircraft could, it's said. None of this sounds like a failure to identify a conventional object. It does sound like a technological device working on principles unknown to us, with capacities beyond those known to terrestrial science.   

• Like 4

This is truly an interesting time for UFO buffs. Info is coming to light that is quite exciting to read. But, the UFO scene has been real quiet lately.  Could this just be some fresh misinformation?  Hope not and I hope that $22 million project has some info we'll actually get to see. Though I read it was all Bigelow's info now.

Edited by mesuma
??
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, bison said:

It does sound like a technological device working on principles unknown to us,

It does. But it doesn't necessarily mean it is

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Stiff said:

It does. But it doesn't necessarily mean it is

yep.....

give it time & i'm sure we'll see former squadron leader Cmdr. David Fravor on stage with Dr. Steven Greer.. oh joy

• Like 1