Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Navy pilot saw object 'not of this world'

UM-Bot

Idk, these elusive UFO's (which they always are) and these type of stories pop up every so often, then they fade away. Sure the pilot may have seen something that he could not properly explain. But until one actually lands in front of the WH or on a football field, well I'll save my excitement till then. I'm not holding my breath though. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Stiff said:

It does. But it doesn't necessarily mean it is

Well, then, supposing it isn't advanced extraterrestrial technology, what would suggest that it might be?

12 minutes ago, bison said:

Well, then, supposing it isn't advanced extraterrestrial technology, what would suggest that it might be?

I propose mis-identified aircraft or aerial/weather phenomena as the usual suspects.

Swamp gas reflecting off of a penguin wearing a high-visibility safety vest and green spats. 

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I propose mis-identified aircraft or aerial/weather phenomena as the usual suspects.

An aircraft (made on Earth), or weather phenomenon that can dart about like a bouncing ball, and then fly away much faster than anything known to a Navy aviator with 18 years of experience?

Edited by bison
added information
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, bison said:

An aircraft (made on Earth), or weather phenomenon that can dart about like a bouncing ball, and then fly away much faster than anything known to a Navy aviator with 18 years of experience?

You’re right, the penguin needs a jet pack as well as spats.

4DCDBB4B-F83F-4A4D-A36D-36408D057BD2.jpeg.be8090cbf9919ccfb182e581dfefe7c6.jpeg

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 6

There are likely billions of solar systems in our own galaxy, and certainly billions of galaxies.

And earthlings are extremely "young" in the scope of time of a stable universe.

I'm good with the notion of intelligent, highly advanced ET's... 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bison said:

Well so he says...

No one knows, do they.. IMO it's just another 'story' told to us by a person we don't know; interesting & meaningful to some because of his position in life.

For me personally this kinda thing means nothing as it will to everyone eventually over time as this 'story' gets lost in time .............

The usual boring BS I've seen a thousand times before zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pallidin said:

There are likely billions of solar systems in our own galaxy, and certainly billions of galaxies.

Is the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe in question here?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

FWIW, an older and more detailed account of the sighting: https://fightersweep.com/1460/x-files-edition/

Thanks for sharing, PersonFromPorlock. Very interesting to read of radar and infrared confirmation of the object, and also from other pilots. The speeds the object was capable of are described as 'impossible'. Impossible for us, that is!

They had been watching unidentified objects on radar for days, dropping from above 80,000 feet to hover within 50 feet of the sea,  'in seconds'. That's a 16 mile drop. If it took 8 seconds, that amounts to about 7,200 miles per hour!

Edited by bison
improved paragraph structure, improved information
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, bison said:

They had been watching unidentified objects on radar for days, dropping from above 80,000 feet to hover within 50 feet of the sea,  'in seconds'. That's a 16 mile drop. If it took 8 seconds, that amounts to about 7,200 miles per hour!

I'm a little leery of some of these radar-determined speeds. They are so great that it's possible one target disappeared and another appeared in another spot between sweeps of the radar beam, and the two were misconstrued as being one target moving very fast.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pallidin said:

....that are smart enough to avoid us.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

I'm a little leery of some of these radar-determined speeds. They are so great that it's possible one target disappeared and another appeared in another spot between sweeps of the radar beam, and the two were misconstrued as being one target moving very fast.

Yep possible- but I'll go one step further:

where is the solid proof that ANYTHING strange has been captured via radar?

All the data we have is just stories told to us by someone writing an article or in a documentary!

Is there any REAL evidence of this? I say: 'NO THERE IS NOT'

I'm open to rebuttals on this....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bison said:

About 13 years of replaying it in his head, and the necessary exaggeration to get his 15 minutes of fame, secure in the knowledge that his memories don't have to match any other evidence, nor does he have anything in the way of evidence, not even printed reports of the incident (correct me if I'm wrong) to offer....

Pilots are taught to assume everything is a threat until it can be positively identified.  They are not better observers except for perhaps recognising aircraft silhouettes, nor are they immune from the ravages of old age, celebrity seeking or exaggeration, nor declining memories or any of the other things that make anecdotes/ testimony worth exactly what you just paid for it..

There is nothing to rebut, and i would offer my professional opinion as:

He may have seen something interesting.

next..

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

About 13 years of replaying it in his head, and the necessary exaggeration to get his 15 minutes of fame, secure in the knowledge that his memories don't have to match any other evidence, nor does he have anything in the way of evidence, not even printed reports of the incident (correct me if I'm wrong) to offer....

Pilots are taught to assume everything is a threat until it can be positively identified.  They are not better observers except for perhaps recognising aircraft silhouettes, nor are they immune from the ravages of old age, celebrity seeking or exaggeration, nor declining memories or any of the other things that make anecdotes/ testimony worth exactly what you just paid for it..

There is nothing to rebut, and i would offer my professional opinion as:

He may have seen something interesting.

next..

yep

8 hours ago, Dejarma said:

anyways what's all this about?? (from the article):

Mere days after it was revealed that the US government had been funding a secretive UFO investigations program

Shhhh.....its a secret. 

• Like 1

So I have a question out of ignorance because I'm not a pilot and I don't know no one who is a pilot. When I was growing up I was quite fan of Flight Simulator and other plane games like After Burner and F14 Tomcat (just to name a few) but I always sucked at those. A friend of mine told me that "real pilots generally fly a plane using only the instruments and they barely watch through the window" and here's my question: do they tape everything? like every mission or practice, do they have like cameras outside or something? Here the police when they do something there's always one with a camera to film the whole procedure but I always see these videos from a "radar" or "black window" where you can't really see anything :/ 

6 hours ago, Rolci said:

So how is this report any different from the hundreds we've heard in the Disclosure Project and the Citizen Hearing?

My point exactly,....after hundreds I am a believer

• Like 4

10 hours ago, _KB_ said:

so aliens or the Russians... my money's on the Russians though i kinda want it to be aliens

Never seen such a thing in our skies and never read of something like that in our press. Only saucers. So I bet on aliens.

• Like 1

By the way, in the light of recent events, another Bob-Lazar-esque disclosure video popped up recently:

P.S.: those who were writing the subtitles mistaken "altimiter" for "odometer", so better listen than read.

Edited by Chaldon

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

My point exactly,....after hundreds I am a believer

Hundreds of people think the Earth is flat. Hundreds of people believed Jim Jones. Hundreds of people thought there was a UFO in thr Halle Bop comet and in order to meet it that needed to suicide.

because hundreds of people believe something, doesn’t mean it’s not daffy.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bison said:

A man doesn't rise to the rank of Navy Commander without proving himself a very disciplined, and responsible person, and one who is very knowledgeable about matters that may arise in connection with his duties. Has it actually been ascertained that the local radar stations, flight towers, pilots, or other personnel  did not see this object?

although in the source article link....

the one paragraph  says  --

"Cmdr. David Fravor, a former squadron leader who worked as a Navy pilot for 18 years, said on Monday he was on a routine training mission off the coast of California in 2004 when his unit was directed to go and examine strange unidentified objects that were descending from 80,000 to 20,000 feet, and then disappearing."

so if his unit was directed to go and examine strange unidentified objects (plural) ...others at least saw radar of ''something'''...?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bison said:

Thanks for sharing, PersonFromPorlock. Very interesting to read of radar and infrared confirmation of the object, and also from other pilots. The speeds the object was capable of are described as 'impossible'. Impossible for us, that is!

oh ok --- just seen this post.. :) ....