Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Navy pilot saw object 'not of this world'

UM-Bot

12 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I would like to hear what some else in the unit has to say....and any written reports on their findings? 

How long was the "object" there for before the unit arrived and who had reported it in the first place?

Was anything seen entering our atmosphere prior to this or leaving it,  maybe by one of the numerous sky watchers let alone a satellite?

....was it detected on any radars?

He does not say in the article that there was a report made on what they saw  at the time...not even hidden from public view.

the article - even the source one is very sparse on detail isn't it - I'm thinking this is deliberately so because maybe he only
had clearance to give the bare bones of the story - 

11 hours ago, NuclearImplosion said:

What stands out for me is not so much this particular incident, amazing though it is.

What stands out for me is that the government was funding a UFO investigation at all.

$22M for the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program.  This, long after Blue Book was closed, buried, resurrected, zombie-killed, and reburied.

Why?

don't want to go off on a tangent --- but all this kind of stuff is very political I think and it's interesting how this subject is
getting a good old airing at the moment -- now how can I put this in such a way not to encourage the thread to go wildly off topic  ^_^ -

the Disclosure thing comes up for all the US Presidents and maybe '''some'''  are more inclined than others to
go down that road and give the public more info - perhaps the enemies of ''''some''' presidents might try and get in first if
there was any chance of a '''certain''' president becoming popular by authorising more disclosure -- ;)...;)

9 hours ago, mesuma said:

This is truly an interesting time for UFO buffs. Info is coming to light that is quite exciting to read. But, the UFO scene has been real quiet lately. Could this just be some fresh misinformation?  Hope not and I hope that $22 million project has some info we'll actually get to see. Though I read it was all Bigelow's info now.

(bolded) always got to be alert to that possibility - of something to steer away from other stuff and keep the public interested and engaged - 

it could also be accurate information being presented as a diversion -- or could be leading up to something more..?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bison said:

The object was reported to resemble a short cylinder with rounded ends, like a TicTac mint, and to be disturbing the sea below it in manner unlike what an aircraft would do. When approached, it departed much faster than an aircraft could, it's said. None of this sounds like a failure to identify a conventional object. It does sound like a technological device working on principles unknown to us, with capacities beyond those known to terrestrial science.   

I'm skipping around a bit with the thread and links....and don't know if the colour has come up anywhere...
but I wonder if this was a way of conveying that the 'object' was white -- (light) as well as the shape -

amazing how just about everyone knows what a MINT Tic Tac looks like - :) - the Tic Tac company must be chuffed to bits to
be included in this story -- 

• Like 1

just one last comment for now ----

are they stopping short of saying that the Object could have disappeared into the sea..?

But are hinting in that direction - possibilty -

from the OP article --

The way it disturbed the water, he noted, was uncharacteristic of any conventional plane or helicopter.

"As I get closer, as my nose is starting to pull back up, it accelerates and it's gone," he told the Washington Post. "Faster than I'd ever seen anything in my life."

"We turn around, say let's go see what's in the water and there's nothing. Just blue water."

:mellow:

The space.com article has a video apparently. I haven't watched it yet. I'll take his word for it, although I have no opinion on it at the moment. 

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

My point exactly,....after hundreds I am a believer

Papa, it's already a well known fact on these boards that you are a 'believer' in pretty much everything, ranging from the paranormal right through to folklore, myths and legends etc etc...

However, in saying that. I do believe that there is a far better chance of intelligent life being somewhere out there in the great sparseness of the cosmos, which is believed to be 10 Billion light years or more in diameter and contains a vast amount of galaxy's, rather than believe in the existence of ghosts, ghouls and Bigfoot that either haunt us, or hulk aimlessly through forests playing hide and seek. 

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, MrBene said:

So I have a question out of ignorance because I'm not a pilot and I don't know no one who is a pilot. When I was growing up I was quite fan of Flight Simulator and other plane games like After Burner and F14 Tomcat (just to name a few) but I always sucked at those. A friend of mine told me that "real pilots generally fly a plane using only the instruments and they barely watch through the window" and here's my question: do they tape everything? like every mission or practice, do they have like cameras outside or something they have like cameras outside or something? Here the police when they do something there's always one with a camera to film the whole procedure but I always see these videos from a "radar" or "black window" where you can't really see anything :/ 

As in bold; I have no idea. You would think tho that miniature camera's would be installed on the outside of the aircraft so as to record anything of significance that could then be relayed back to the cockpit monitors and viewed by the pilot(s). Having to decipher what radar picks up most of the time where these UFO events have allegedly occurred is rather frustrating IMO. Actual snap shots and recordings of these events as they happen, could well give a clearer indication of what these pilot(s) may have witnessed. They could then compare it with what the radar picks up. 

• Like 1

Any life intelligent enough to find its way around what we believe to be s universal constant and develop FTL travel, is obviously too intelligent to 1) crashland here or even 2) come here at all.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Any life intelligent enough to find its way around what we believe to be s universal constant and develop FTL travel, is obviously too intelligent to 1) crashland here or even 2) come here at all.

Yeah, it's an amazing thought tho isn't it, that there could be a far more advanced species of life using FTL travel to get about.

IF there is, and they've been observing us from a far for a while. I wonder what they would be thinking ? :-*..

8 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

About 13 years of replaying it in his head, and the necessary exaggeration to get his 15 minutes of fame, secure in the knowledge that his memories don't have to match any other evidence, nor does he have anything in the way of evidence, not even printed reports of the incident (correct me if I'm wrong) to offer....

Pilots are taught to assume everything is a threat until it can be positively identified.  They are not better observers except for perhaps recognising aircraft silhouettes, nor are they immune from the ravages of old age, celebrity seeking or exaggeration, nor declining memories or any of the other things that make anecdotes/ testimony worth exactly what you just paid for it..

There is nothing to rebut, and i would offer my professional opinion as:

He may have seen something interesting.

next..

He must have been really threatened by a breath mint.:lol:

tictac.png

• Like 1

Tell the pilot to get in line. Some of us have been saying these things for many many years.

Seriously though, I have little doubt he is telling the truth and recalls accurately what he saw.

24 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

He must have been really threatened by a breath mint.:lol:

tictac.png

Who knows, maybe he saw a FTL blimp take off. They've certainly got the shape of a tic tac. :D

images.jpg

• Like 4

Man sees something he can't identify.  Ergo: space aliens have landed!!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Essan said:

Man sees something he can't identify.  Ergo: space aliens have landed!!!!!

Seems to have more to do with the physics defying capabilities of it's maneuvering than the viewers perspective of what was televised. However it's not like this is the first military footage like this or anything :rolleyes:

One thing is for certain. The psychology from decades of stigma regarding talk of E.T's in general has left it's mark to the point that even despite the dozens and dozens of past govt officials take on the subject, many people feel more comfortable to quickly dismiss than to consider. It's a deep seated social fear of being ridiculed or percievingly judged in such a way by others as being "gullible" for example.

That said, even if Trump himself came out and said they know ET's are real, many people would still choose to dismiss it. Theres definitely an interesting psychology to the creation of stigma, the creation of disgrace towards someone or something despite truth to the point where evidence that later surfaces gets little regard. I feel sorry for those convicted of horrible crimes, later having DNA prove they were innocent..that social stigma still remains and people do not accept them when they are released. The subject of paranormal is much the same.

• Like 1

Just now, NightScreams said:

Seems to have more to do with the physics defying capabilities of it's maneuvering than the viewers perspective of what was televised. However it's not like this is the first military footage like this or anything :rolleyes:

And?

It could be intra-terrestrials, it could be time travellers, it could be some unknown meteorological phenomenon.  Or just perspective fooling the observer.

The point is that, as with every single other UFO case, there is zero evidence for it being aliens from another planet.   Which is simply 1950s communist invasion paranoia.

• Like 2

Perhaps the Aliens ARE Tic-Tacs, come to free their enslaved brethren ? :o

24 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Perhaps the Aliens ARE Tic-Tacs, come to free their enslaved brethren ? :o

There is no evidence nor reason to suppose they are alien Tic-Tacs :rolleyes:

Given they arrive on this planet without appearing to travel through space, and then just disappear agaon, it's far more likely they come from a parallel universe (the one where Elvis never died and Australia and New Zealand and in a different place on the map, hence they have more advanced technology)

I was searching the web to see what g-forces would be generated by the 7200 mph acceleration and I found this article dated Nov. 4, 2004. From the article:

"They call it a ''scramjet,'' an engine so blindingly fast that it could carry an airplane from San Francisco to Washington, D.C., in about 20 minutes -- or even quicker. So fast it could put satellites in space. So fast it could drop a cruise missile on an enemy target, almost like shooting a rifle.
This week, NASA plans to break the aircraft speed record for the second time in 7 ½ months by flying its rocket-assisted X43a scramjet 110,000 feet above the Pacific Ocean at speeds close to Mach 10 -- about 7,200 mph, or 10 times the speed of sound."

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/scramjet-plane-is-aming-for-7-200-mph-mach-10.50990/

I thought it was an interesting coincidence that the article is dated November 2004, which is around the same time that the pilot saw the object.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 4

Hmm... the X43a was not tic-tac shaped, nor could it flight at high speeds close to the water. Plus, it couldn't hover, and it couldn't accelerate from a standing start. Its scramjet motor only worked when it was already at high speed. (it had to be dropped from a B52, then use a rocket booster to get up to Scramjet speeds).

That was 2004... if the "tic-tac" was a human-developed aircraft, surely we would have seen more of it (or variants) since then ?

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

That was 2004... if the "tic-tac" was a human-developed aircraft, surely we would have seen more of it (or variants) since then ?

It's the coincidence of the timing that has my curiosity working overtime. The X43a is touted as being able to achieve 7200 mph speeds, and then an object is sighted that allegedly attains speeds of 7200 mph and performs impressive stunts. It sounds suspiciously like military 'one-up-manship'.  But like you say, we should've seen more evidence of that technology by now.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Hundreds of people think the Earth is flat. Hundreds of people believed Jim Jones. Hundreds of people thought there was a UFO in thr Halle Bop comet and in order to meet it that needed to suicide.

because hundreds of people believe something, doesn’t mean it’s not daffy.

That is correct actually. That is why we must also judge the quality and competency of the experiencers before forming our position.

Edited by papageorge1

8 hours ago, Astra. said:

Papa, it's already a well known fact on these boards that you are a 'believer' in pretty much everything,

I only hear that from those that believe in pretty much nothing. I provide quality reasoning for each position I take.

And do you have an argument against what I said (or just me personally to deflect every subject we discuss).

Edited by papageorge1

18 hours ago, Rolci said:

So how is this report any different from the hundreds we've heard in the Disclosure Project and the Citizen Hearing?

Are you aware that the disclosure project was an infomercial with the panel being hired by the disclosure project? They were essentially paid actors to feign some sort of legitimacy to the event.

17 hours ago, bison said:

An aircraft (made on Earth), or weather phenomenon that can dart about like a bouncing ball, and then fly away much faster than anything known to a Navy aviator with 18 years of experience?

Are you suggesting that the aviator is right about their identifications every time?

Perhaps not "every time"... but this seems like a very extreme case of "mis-identification" from a very experience squadron commander. 

In addition, did I mis-read the article ? Wasn't he vectored towards the object by military air-traffic control, arising from radar contacts ?