Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Navy pilot saw object 'not of this world'

UM-Bot

Why did he wait over a decade to come out and tell the public?

2 hours ago, LucidElement said:

because the info was classified I suppose and now he has been given the go ahead to speak about it --

• Like 1

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Like the poster I sent that to, you are more interested in attacking me personally than actually discussing the subject of the thread with me.

The mods and I are getting sick of this.

best not to let them wind you up - :) 

here... have a little Christmas present from me - enjoy - I found it an interesting short presentation -:santa:

• Like 1

At the beginning of this news report they talk of something being IN the water with waves breaking over it - 

and the Tic Tac thingy hovering and moving above it and that that was what shot off at high speed..?

From PersonfromPorlock's link - a pal of the witnesses speaking about the incident --

was there something in the water + something hovering over it... as stated in the news report -
or did the White 'Tic Tac' emerge FROM the water and that caused the '''frothing''' :mellow:

or did it's near presence cause the disturbed water -

https://fightersweep.com/1460/x-files-edition/

The sea was calm, almost glassy smooth and it was late morning on a beautiful SoCal day.  Perfect conditions.  As Cheeks flew over the spot he saw a disturbance on the surface of the ocean.  A round section of turbulent water about 50-100 meters in diameter.  It was the only area and type of what he called, “whitewater” describing that it looked as if there was something below the surface like a shoal or what he’d heard a ship sinking rapidly would look like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asked later, Dave reported that he had not seen anything on or below the surface of the ocean that may have caused the turbulent circle of water.  It had existed when they had first visually acquired the tic-tac, then was gone when they circled back a few minutes later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LucidElement said:

just seen this in this (same)  link

apparently there was a tape on YouTube with out the background story but then it got taken off -

Somehow the tape made its way to YouTube.  A few years after the incident, when first telling me the story, Dave pointed me to the link.  It was unremarkable without the background information.  But folded into context it was amazing, especially the slow-mo of the dot accelerating out of screen.  For years I told the story to friends and showed them the video as punctuation.

However last month when I called Dave to refresh my memory before sitting down to write this bizarre encounter, he informed me that the video had been removed from YouTube.  He told me that a government agency with a three letter identifier had recently conducted an investigation into the AAVs and had exhaustively interviewed all parties involved.

• Like 2

Seriously, this stuff actually could be ET scoping us out...but it could also be something else much more terrestrial. The mystery objects could be black project military or some type of natural phenomena completely unknown to us at this time. And here lies the problem, without more evidence we aren't going to be able to know. It's frustrating for sure, but the only thing we can do is to keep an open mind and continue to look for evidence.

• Like 1

On 20/12/2017 at 5:17 AM, taniwha said:

Sunstrike on a SAM, sunglare off a submarine, bouncing torpedo, advanced drone, other advanced weapons systems, laser, misidentification, cracked helmet visor, mirage, penguin, tic tac...

The list of possible answers goes round and round but never includes ET ;)

Turns out that not forming a conclusion is the worst thing in the world. To call it unknown still.., is just as bad as calling it ET...

Edited by Fila

13 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I was commenting on another post. Each post and each thread does not start the discussion of UFOs from scratch.  Discussions can take many angles on the subject. But yes, one reason contributing to my belief in UFO's being from non-human intelligence is the quantity, quality and consistency of the hundreds of reports.

The vague glittering generalities continue. It is just meaningless gibberish to pretend a conclusion.

14 hours ago, bison said:

There are three stock photos of aircraft in the article, with no obvious direct connection to the 2004 incident. They appear to be included to illustrate the type of aircraft involved. There is also a photo of a 2012 UFO sighting. The fact that a infrared image of alleged, and later refuted UFOs in Campeche, Mexico is also included is of no greater relevance to the case under discussion, than the other images. It appears merely to give a general sense of what military infrared image of heat-emitting objects look like. There is no claim or caption indicating that this image was connected with the incident in which Commander Fravor participated.    

So the text is right even if the photos have no direct relationship to the event or text? The use of hyperbole should be overlooked?

Bee, assuming the reports are accurate (and we'll probably never be able to find out as I'm gunna take a wild guess that these (different) events were not properly recorded / reported as 'threats')....  the water disturbance matches a submarine, possibly one that has just launched a missile icbm whatever, and is then submerging to avoid detection.  There is also the possibility that the missile or aircraft either had a 'hover' capability or was in fact a VTOL like a Harrier - thus it could be low to the water and leave a disturbance.  I'm still not seeing anything 'impossible', let alone verifiable.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

When you are in the military, you do what you are told and have to comply with orders. He's retired now, perhaps they lifted the security clearances, or maybe he just decided to speak out, I'm not sure of the details on that.

Given it was off the coast of California, perhaps it was something experimental out of Edwards AFB or Groom Lake, Nevada or someplace similar. Or maybe it was indeed something else.

I figured as much , but my though process is that if anyone saw something to that extreme you would be telling someone. And as you know, word travels through the grapevine ... most people would dismiss it as skeptics would , however this guy claims he saw what he saw and I’m sure he was told to keep it under wraps. But if you were blindsided by something like that you would be telling people.

remmeber the ex minister of defense for Canada said that the US was working with 5 different alien species.... it is interesting in a few facts. One being that he’s not a Joe Schmo on YouTube or wherever. This is the EX Minister of defense .

21 hours ago, bee said:

just seen this in this (same)  link

apparently there was a tape on YouTube with out the background story but then it got taken off -

I’m telling you, they are out there. I’m tired of people denying it . How can ANYONE think we are the only civilization in the entire UNIVERSE . I mean cmonnnn.... we have no damn idea nor the technology to even figure it out ... our space program just went back on board so that should be cool.. but all in all, this pilot saw something plain and simple ... there are a lot of people out there who say they see aliens just to get there claim to fame, those people are clearly lying and hey ruin the odds and average of those who truly have seen something.  There has been to many weird accounts to chalk it up to a weather balloon or space debris ..

also as I said in a previous post, the ex minister of defense for Canada came out and said the US is working with 5 different races of aliens ... this is not a random man either. This is the freakin ex minister of defense ....

I do not understand why these skeptics can’t understand that we are not only one galaxy in an infinite universe. 

It’s like saying , the species we can see in the ocean are the only sea life. They just found so,e weird looking sea snails in a section of the marianas trench..

so , think of it that way ... we are discovering sea life slowly at the bottom of the trench ... within out galaxy ... the other universe .... forget about it lol.

Edited by LucidElement
  • Like 1

FFS ... no one thinks we’re th only life in the universe. What’s contentious is whether or not other intelligences are floating over cities, crashing in deserts and rural towns and buzzing for kicks and giggles military bases. 

So do yourself a favour, stop trotting out that hoary old chestnut and start addressing the comments of the posters and not some imagined argument.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

How can ANYONE think we are the only civilization in the entire UNIVERSE . I mean cmonnnn.... we have no damn idea nor the technology to even figure it out ... our space program just went back on board so that should be cool..

Nobody said that. Universe is pretty big. We don't even know much about our own solar system but there's a difference between stating that we are the only civilization and that there are aliens among us playing with cattle and inserting probes in humans.

but all in all, this pilot saw something plain and simple ... there are a lot of people out there who say they see aliens just to get there claim to fame, those people are clearly lying and hey ruin the odds and average of those who truly have seen something.  There has been to many weird accounts to chalk it up to a weather balloon or space debris ..also as I said in a previous post, the ex minister of defense for Canada came out and said the US is working with 5 different races of aliens ... this is not a random man either. This is the freakin ex minister of defense ....

The pilot saw something he couldn't identify. I'm pretty sure that 90% of the sightings in the south of the world (where I'm from and military technology is waaay old and probably non-existent) are US/China/Russia/other drones and other ships that our lack of military surveillance can't detect or don't even bother to detect. We don't know what powerful countries have in terms of technology. In this game of power is hard to tell what are they hiding. 

I've watched the video of the Ex-minister. At first I thought he was suffering from dementia. Anyway, his extraordinary claims are just that, extraordinary with little facts. The whole "white-scandinavian-tall" people reminds me the whole "Friendship Island" tale very popular in the south of Chile where these "aliens" live and cure cancer and other illnesses. 

1 hour ago, LucidElement said:

I'm telling you, they are out there. I’m tired of people denying it . How can ANYONE think we are the only civilization in the entire UNIVERSE

I am tired of people saying this ^^^

No one says that.

What people are denying is visitations from aliens, in spaceships which none of the astronomers see coming and let us not forget the alleged dreaded probings. 

I believe there is other life in the Universe.... but not that they are visiting Earth. Do you understand that bit?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LucidElement said:

I’m telling you, they are out there. I’m tired of people denying it . How can ANYONE think we are the only civilization in the entire UNIVERSE . I mean cmonnnn.... we have no damn idea nor the technology to even figure it out ... our space program just went back on board so that should be cool.. but all in all, this pilot saw something plain and simple ... there are a lot of people out there who say they see aliens just to get there claim to fame, those people are clearly lying and hey ruin the odds and average of those who truly have seen something.  There has been to many weird accounts to chalk it up to a weather balloon or space debris ..

also as I said in a previous post, the ex minister of defense for Canada came out and said the US is working with 5 different races of aliens ... this is not a random man either. This is the freakin ex minister of defense ....

I do not understand why these skeptics can’t understand that we are not only one galaxy in an infinite universe. 

It’s like saying , the species we can see in the ocean are the only sea life. They just found so,e weird looking sea snails in a section of the marianas trench..

so , think of it that way ... we are discovering sea life slowly at the bottom of the trench ... within out galaxy ... the other universe .... forget about it lol.

What you are saying is that the near certainty of other life in the universe means we are being visited by intelligent aliens.

That is a non sequitur. The inference does not follow from the premises.

You also make an appeal to authority using Paul Hellyer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hellyer

In an interview with RT (formerly Russia Today) in 2014, characterised by Yahoo News as "sadly hard to take seriously", Hellyer said that at least four species of aliens have been visiting Earth for thousands of years, with most of them coming from other star systems, although there are some living on Venus, Mars and Saturn’s moon. According to him, they "don't think we are good stewards of our planet."

Hellyer obviously has no idea what Venus is like.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I am tired of people saying this ^^^

No one says that.

What people are denying is visitations from aliens, in spaceships which none of the astronomers see coming and let us not forget the alleged dreaded probings. 

I believe there is other life in the Universe.... but not that they are visiting Earth. Do you understand that bit?

ya but you dont know and cant be sure.

1 minute ago, LucidElement said:

The problem is that you don't know and you can't  e sure. Until there is evidence the only correct stance is that there is no visitation.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Bee, assuming the reports are accurate (and we'll probably never be able to find out as I'm gunna take a wild guess that these (different) events were not properly recorded / reported as 'threats')....  the water disturbance matches a submarine, possibly one that has just launched a missile icbm whatever, and is then submerging to avoid detection.  There is also the possibility that the missile or aircraft either had a 'hover' capability or was in fact a VTOL like a Harrier - thus it could be low to the water and leave a disturbance.  I'm still not seeing anything 'impossible', let alone verifiable.

plausible deniability is a wonderful thing eh..?

and as usual there is something for everyone - yay~sayers, nay~sayers and fence sitters - :) 

as he said (OP article)....

"I can tell you, I think it was not from this world. I'm not crazy, haven't been drinking. It was - after 18 years of flying, I've seen pretty much about everything that I can see in that realm, and this was nothing close."

.... it's safe to rule out something submarine related - 

we can't rule out it was a pack of lies but it does look like he has been encouraged (allowed) to come forward all these years later to speak for some reason --

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

it doesn't seem like he is lying to me and I think that he did have the experience -

near the end of this short video he says that not just himself but the others on the flight believed it was '''not from this world''' (3:22)

so can we narrow it down to very advanced human technology --- (either uniquely human or back engineered from an ET craft :) )

or ----

not from this world

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

I can not be sure there is life out there, but it would be very naive to think there was not. 

As for aliens visiting us in flying saucers...pure sci fi stuff by wishful thinkers who want a probing.

38 minutes ago, bee said:

it doesn't seem like he is lying to me and I think that he did have the experience -

near the end of this short video he says that not just himself but the others on the flight believed it was '''not from this world''' (3:22)

so can we narrow it down to very advanced human technology --- (either uniquely human or back engineered from an ET craft :) )

or ----

not from this world

If it's very advanced human technology, it seems odd that  more  obvious use hasn't been made of it in the ensuing 13 years. Even classified projects are eventually made known to the public, like the B2 bomber, which is now flown over parades. The same question seems to apply to reverse-engineered 'alien' technology, assuming it exists. That seems to leave only elusive extraterrestrials, who give the impression of wanting to show themselves, without making general, overt contact with us... so far.   

Edited by bison
edited for clarity

The event in question seems to be noting more than a pilot misidentifying an event. People can pretend all they want that something special happened. It appears to be a plane following another plane.

• Like 1