Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Navy pilot saw object 'not of this world'

UM-Bot

On 2/23/2018 at 5:55 PM, lost_shaman said:

Not at all. You want to move goal post to talk about "tannith" while I simply disagreed with a premise you were making. 

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

sorry, but i think i'll take the word of respectable naval pilot who witnessed the incident and has a working knowledge of not just aerospace but also aerodynamics over you.

Navy pilot recalls encounter with UFO: 'I think it was not from this world'

http://abcnews.go.com/US/navy-pilot-recalls-encounter-ufo-unlike/story?id=51856514

Yes, unfortunately some members here use trivia to derail subjects like this, or blow an honest mistake up so much,  so it sounds like you killed their first born

The UFO proof l provided before is in one ear and out the other, considering the crap l see here, which is more the pity.

I re posted the same Solid UFO evidence on another forum and was greeted with, name calling, insults and even someone saying it could be easily disproven.

But days later, nothing.

Some people have been brainwashed from birth, to fear the unknown and especially fear aliens, (the US has done a lot to enforce that crock) even occasional solid evidence, won't deter them.

I doubt that anything except mass media and NASA finally telling the truth, will sink in, so in the meantime ignore baited posts, ignore personal attacks, ignore stupid individuals harping on about unrelated crap, in the hopes that the mods will shut the thread down, ignore bullying and ignore someone acting like they are your best friend so they can stab you in the back.

There are a few people about with impregnable barriers up against this subject matter, and no amount of evidence will get through, (as l have witnessed) which is a mixture of fear, conditioning arrogance, stupidity and more fear

If this was a Skeptic Unknown forum then we wouldn't stand much of a chance, but since it isn't and some clearly have walls up, (to put in nicely) it is best to ignore them, and have a rational, balanced and intelligent discussion between ourselves about this stuff, and let them wallow in whatever, while we develop a better understanding.

I expect within the next 20 years when NASA comes clean, then we will truly have an open and intelligent meeting place.

^_^

• Like 3

Some members that post here pretend to provide evidence when all they do is post personal opinion and wishful thinking.

Even Fravor has done nothing more than post his opinion. He had a long history of wishing to see aliens and then when he was confused, as he admits, he saw what he always wished to see - aliens.

Other pilots did not see aliens. Other pilots did not report this.

Now a dozen years later when someone other than Fravor posts a video of another flight, not Fravor's flight, those wishing for UFOs to be found praise Fravor for suggesting he saw his imagined UFOs.

So why is there noting and it all fizzled out? Because there wasn't much to begin with. Those apparently brainwashed since birth to see what is not there had only so much to cheer for and quickly fell back to waiting for the next failure to cheer. They come along just often enough to keep up the hopes of the hopelessly brainwashed.

Along will come the nonsense, the malarkey, the fake stories, the faked images to keep the brainwashed cheerleaders of the UFO movement happy. The rest of us can cheerfully move forward waiting for a real event if it ever happens.

Stupidity, fear, pareidolea, lack of thinking, closed minded endorsement, wishful thinking, and wackiness will continue to appear at regular intervals to lead the cheerleaders ever onward.

As NASA continues to explore and educate we are given the chance to continue our understanding of the universe while the silly will just end up being cheerleaders.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

sorry, but i think i'll take the word of respectable naval pilot who witnessed the incident and has a working knowledge of not just aerospace but also aerodynamics over you.

Navy pilot recalls encounter with UFO: 'I think it was not from this world'

http://abcnews.go.com/US/navy-pilot-recalls-encounter-ufo-unlike/story?id=51856514

UFO not using "wings" to fly around.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tmcom said:

Yes, unfortunately some members here use trivia to derail subjects like this, or blow an honest mistake up so much,  so it sounds like you killed their first born

The UFO proof l provided before is in one ear and out the other, considering the crap l see here, which is more the pity.

I re posted the same Solid UFO evidence on another forum and was greeted with, name calling, insults and even someone saying it could be easily disproven.

But days later, nothing.

Some people have been brainwashed from birth, to fear the unknown and especially fear aliens, (the US has done a lot to enforce that crock) even occasional solid evidence, won't deter them.

I doubt that anything except mass media and NASA finally telling the truth, will sink in, so in the meantime ignore baited posts, ignore personal attacks, ignore stupid individuals harping on about unrelated crap, in the hopes that the mods will shut the thread down, ignore bullying and ignore someone acting like they are your best friend so they can stab you in the back.

There are a few people about with impregnable barriers up against this subject matter, and no amount of evidence will get through, (as l have witnessed) which is a mixture of fear, conditioning arrogance, stupidity and more fear

If this was a Skeptic Unknown forum then we wouldn't stand much of a chance, but since it isn't and some clearly have walls up, (to put in nicely) it is best to ignore them, and have a rational, balanced and intelligent discussion between ourselves about this stuff, and let them wallow in whatever, while we develop a better understanding.

I expect within the next 20 years when NASA comes clean, then we will truly have an open and intelligent meeting place.

^_^

I would say less than 2 years.

Then NASA would be shut down. We don't need it anymore.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

sorry, but i think i'll take the word of respectable naval pilot who witnessed the incident and has a working knowledge

Yeah!  Because people don't ever exaggerate, make shistuff up (and get highly paid to do so)...  And of course, for other people who are gullible / have no ability to discern why we ask for actual evidence, they love this hogwash, and will even pay money to be suckered.

Anecdotes are worthless unless corroborated by evidence.  Well, worthless as facts... maybe 'worthwhile' as bedtime or round-the-campfire stories.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Yeah!  Because people don't ever exaggerate, make shistuff up (and get highly paid to do so)...  And of course, for other people who are gullible / have no ability to discern why we ask for actual evidence, they love this hogwash, and will even pay money to be suckered.

Anecdotes are worthless unless corroborated by evidence.  Well, worthless as facts... maybe 'worthwhile' as bedtime or round-the-campfire stories.

yep, good words, ChrLzs ;)

6 hours ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

I would say less than 2 years.

Then NASA would be shut down. We don't need it anymore.

It would be great if it was 2, but since full disclosure is linked with oil extraction, (scientists will want to know how it is powered) it will be some time, 2033 at the earliest, unfortunately.

So yeah, keep your chainsaw oiled and ready, but break the glass when NASA astronauts land on Phobos.

^_^

2 hours ago, tmcom said:

since full disclosure is linked with oil extraction ...

.. keep your chainsaw oiled and ready, but break the glass when NASA astronauts land on Phobos

weird_al_foiled.jpg.e48c39482b516cfaa4f6e235d5b07ffa.jpg    OK!

• Like 3

On 2/27/2018 at 9:21 AM, stereologist said:

What many loonies do not understand is that the largest companies are attempting to divest themselves from a dependence on oil and oil income, from coal and coal income. The move away from fossil fuels has been going on and will continue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_fuel_divestment

This is actually wrong. It's another example of wikipedia being an untrustworthy source. For example the U.S. is now producing much more oil and natural gas than at anytime in the past. The coal industry is even hiring people again and the U.S. is now actually exporting coal to other countries. This is a complete reversal from recent past decades. 

While it is true that alternative energy investments are also increasing at the same time. These two are not mutually exclusive. These Energy companies i) want to make money and ii) are inherently tasked with supplying Energy to their customers to achieve the first goal.  

• Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 0:59 AM, lost_shaman said:

This is actually wrong. It's another example of wikipedia being an untrustworthy source. For example the U.S. is now producing much more oil and natural gas than at anytime in the past. The coal industry is even hiring people again and the U.S. is now actually exporting coal to other countries. This is a complete reversal from recent past decades. 

While it is true that alternative energy investments are also increasing at the same time. These two are not mutually exclusive. These Energy companies i) want to make money and ii) are inherently tasked with supplying Energy to their customers to achieve the first goal.  

Wrong again. This issue has been in the news, science blogs, etc. You really need to get up to speed.

For example, the US is exporting coal because the use in the US has dropped.

You are so wrong all of the time.

In 2002 the U.S. exported 39.6 million tons. This skyrocketed to 125.7 in 2012. That fell slightly to 117.7 last year

On 3/4/2018 at 0:37 PM, lost_shaman said:

In 2002 the U.S. exported 39.6 million tons. This skyrocketed to 125.7 in 2012. That fell slightly to 117.7 last year

?? why did you pick export figures, rather than production, which is what was being discussed?  The amount exported would have more to do with economic issues and comparative prices (and therefore be easier to cherry pick for the desired result..?).

In terms of production, the USA in 2002 produced around 1,100 million tons.  But that remained relatively STEADY (no skyrockets..) at 1,100 in 2012, after a decline from about 1172 in 2008, which seemed to be a peak value.  It is now continuing to decline somewhat from all the sources I can find, after a growth period that ran from about 1958 (410 million) to 2007/8 which, as shown below (from Wiki & elsewhere), does seem to have been the peak.

1024px-US_coal_production.png

It's hard to guess at trends from such a short period.  However, if I was into corporate decision making, I think more carbon-friendly approaches would be worthy of consideration, and I most certainly wouldn't base my figures on export tons....

This is all getting a bit offtopic, but let's make sure we use the right data, shall we?

• Like 1

The reason for talking about export tons is the reasoning for tarriffs. 

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

I most certainly wouldn't base my figures on export tons....

The point was that the U.S. in now a net exporter of energy. 

21 minutes ago, lost_shaman said:

The reason for talking about export tons is the reasoning for tarriffs. 

The point was that the U.S. in now a net exporter of energy. 

What?????   

Here's what Stereo said to start the derail...

On 2/28/2018 at 1:21 AM, stereologist said:

What many loonies do not understand is that the largest companies are attempting to divest themselves from a dependence on oil and oil income, from coal and coal income. The move away from fossil fuels has been going on and will continue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_fuel_divestment

LS, do point out the bit about the USA being a 'net exporter' or tarriffs...

• Like 1

The point I was making is that our production is up, creating more jobs not less as the Dems would want. This also means we can export this coal, oil, and lpg for profit and increase our GDP.

As for tariffs, these are meant to protect our domestic industries that are potential to our national security from nations like China that over produce ~8 times the steel they need and drive down the price to the point other countries can not compete and are forced out of business. Its a strategic form of economic warfare on China's part.

At any rate I was originally pointing out that Wikipedia is wrong on the point stero was trying to make, not derail the thread. 

On 3/5/2018 at 4:09 PM, lost_shaman said:

The point I was making is that our production is up, creating more jobs not less as the Dems would want. This also means we can export this coal, oil, and lpg for profit and increase our GDP.

As for tariffs, these are meant to protect our domestic industries that are potential to our national security from nations like China that over produce ~8 times the steel they need and drive down the price to the point other countries can not compete and are forced out of business. Its a strategic form of economic warfare on China's part.

At any rate I was originally pointing out that Wikipedia is wrong on the point stero was trying to make, not derail the thread. 

You are still wrong. The point is that the major companies are trying to divest themselves of fossil fuels. The fact that we can sell to mainly China to make a profit is obvious. The coal is not being used domestically. US markets are down. Therefore, the production is being sold to foreign interests such as China.

Fossil fuel divestiture is happening. I did not get the original information from the Wikipedia. I got it from news sources such as NPR and newspapers. So please go learn something for a change.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertbradley/2016/07/07/fossil-fuel-divestment-a-fools-errand/#11ddcce02920

The green push for institutions to scrap all oil, natural gas, and coal investments is several years old.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/10/new-york-city-plans-to-divest-5bn-from-fossil-fuels-and-sue-oil-companies

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-global-divestment-movement-is-unstoppable_us_59194fb4e4b0bd90f8e6a6fa

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/22/us/heirs-to-an-oil-fortune-join-the-divestment-drive.html

http://divestmentfacts.com/pdf/Fischel_Report.pdf

https://www.harvard.edu/president/news/2013/fossil-fuel-divestment-statement

https://www.ft.com/content/fe88b788-29ad-11e7-9ec8-168383da43b7

https://www.universitybusiness.com/article/divestment-debate

https://www.universitybusiness.com/article/divestment-debate

There are several more reports supporting my statement. All you have done is show that not everyone has divested which has nothing at all to do with what I stated.

16 hours ago, stereologist said:

Sigh, you seem incapable of understanding the difference between divestiture and production. Simply pathetic.

Whatever... say I hypothetically just canned 90 quarts of corn last year. Now this year I canned 100 quarts of corn but also Pickled 5 quarts of Jalapenos. 

I eagerly await your "pathetic" answer as to what I hypothetically just did! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2018 at 1:56 AM, stereologist said:

Some members that post here pretend to provide evidence when all they do is post personal opinion and wishful thinking.

Even Fravor has done nothing more than post his opinion. He had a long history of wishing to see aliens and then when he was confused, as he admits, he saw what he always wished to see - aliens.

Yikes. That is not good. Can you please show me where you got this information from? I am very very surprised that operators of heavily armed machinery like this are allowed to keep flying when they have hallucinations of ETs and monsters attacking.., or some God related thing.

They should be grounded immediately, especially for military and commercial pilots.., although recreational pilots would also be susceptical to "alien" hallucinations.., and a less detectable threat (i.e. Independence Day / Star Wars style into a "mothership") which is really another 747 full of passengers (jk, but yea).

Edited by Fila

33 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Why does he wait 14 years later to come forward with this?

I think UM-bot is just a website program that posts UFO and ET related news. That is a very good question though. I'm sure many will come in with speculation and then follow with accusation.., but it would be very interesting to find the actual answer from the individual. How did he smuggle the video out hey?

Edited by Fila

39 minutes ago, Fila said:

I think UM-bot is just a website program that posts UFO and ET related news. That is a very good question though. I'm sure many will come in with speculation and then follow with accusation.., but it would be very interesting to find the actual answer from the individual. How did he smuggle the video out hey?

I think UM-bot is just a website program that posts UFO and ET related news.

Damn! I did not see that. Thanks. Be on the look out next time....But I always find reports of this nature suspect after so long a time has passed...Not saying the guy is lying but the amount of time gone by before reporting it calls it into question. At least on my part.

On 3/31/2018 at 5:50 AM, Fila said:

Yikes. That is not good. Can you please show me where you got this information from? I am very very surprised that operators of heavily armed machinery like this are allowed to keep flying when they have hallucinations of ETs and monsters attacking.., or some God related thing.

They should be grounded immediately, especially for military and commercial pilots.., although recreational pilots would also be susceptical to "alien" hallucinations.., and a less detectable threat (i.e. Independence Day / Star Wars style into a "mothership") which is really another 747 full of passengers (jk, but yea).

I did not state or suggest or imply that "hallucinations of ETs and monsters attacking" occurred. I stated he was "He had a long history of wishing to see aliens" If you read the links already supplied you will read that his fellow aviators joked about him and his ET obsession.

I also stated that he was confused as in unable to understand what he was seeing. He went from I don't know to aliens. 

• Like 2