Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Navy pilot saw object 'not of this world'

473 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Fila
On 28/12/2017 at 2:29 AM, stereologist said:

Experience and training does not guarantee that a pilot is able to identify everything they encounter. So you suggest they might be better at identifying. Yes, but that does not mean they can identify everything. The video shows clouds. The record tells us that clouds were a factor in viewing.

The difference is - pilots have a much higher chance of recording it (and properly, from the provenance p-o-v).  Even on an accidental basis. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
2 minutes ago, Fila said:

Let us remember this logic when claiming astronomers would see everything and know everything

Experience and training does not guarantee that an astronomer s able to identify everything they encounter. So you suggest they might be better at identifying. Yes, but that does not mean they can identify everything.

But they do have cameras, telescopes and decent recording systems THAT THEY UNDERSTAND.  (Not like these dumb-ass pilots who don't even know about the rotational problem inherent in the FLIR system in this most recent debacle.

WHEN those astronomers actually see AND record something, your current complete lack of any evidence other than anecdotal, might change..  But you only have to go to any astronomy forum in any country to see that when you get better equipment, you can identify more things.  That's why the UFO reports are going down not up, and that's why astronomers are not seeing anything beyond explanation.  Sure, there'll always be a few left unidentified, but none of them to date show any signs of impossible maneuvers, despite the claims of the desperate...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
Just now, Fila said:

The difference is - pilots have a much higher chance of recording it (and properly, from the provenance p-o-v).  Even on an accidental basis. 

Are you agreeing with me? I don't get what you are saying that is different from what I stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
17 hours ago, bee said:

perhaps Trump will out manoeuvre them somehow and blow the lid off Roswell --- that would be good - :DLike this

Bee, speaking of Roswell and UAP's (unidentified aerial phenomena) apparently that's what we call them too. 

Well, I wonder if Donald has ever seen one zipping overhead ? :D..

donaldalien.jpg

The reason I ask, is that Sarah Huckabee Sanders was going to 'run it by him' by asking does he believe in such things and then report the findings back to the media. As far as I'm aware tho, she hasn't relayed anything back yet ? 

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/does-trump-believe-in-ufos-sarah-huckabee-sanders-2017-12?r=US&IR=T

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
7 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

 Sure, there'll always be a few left unidentified, but none of them to date show any signs of impossible maneuvers, despite the claims of the desperate...

ChrLzs, I'm going to go off topic for a sec. But anyway, I'm aware that you often observe the night skies when you're able to and know a lot about them. I also like to look up into them on a clear night when I get the chance to. Anyway, speaking of unidentified aircraft. I saw something a little unusual two nights before Christmas Eve. Btw, no alcohol involved only coffee ;)..

It was around 9pm when I looked out over the ocean to the East from the balcony when I suddenly noticed a long streak of white light going through the sky. Ok, so I naturally put it down to being a meteorite or space junk burning up in our atmosphere (in which I still sometimes refer to as a falling star) :)...

Thing is, this thing shot back up (it looked like a small bright star) in which then proceeded to zig-zag a few times at what seemed to be at a colossal speed before the darn clouds came in from the West in which I then lost sight of. All up this observation probably lasted no more than 40 seconds I guess.

Now Iv'e seen the tiny points of light from satellites that move across the skies at night in a straight line, and what I also believed was once the ISS. Anyway, I was wondering if you may know what this could have been. Is it possible for satellites to act this way for some reason, or possible space debris ?  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
7 hours ago, Astra. said:

Bee, speaking of Roswell and UAP's (unidentified aerial phenomena) apparently that's what we call them too. 

Well, I wonder if Donald has ever seen one zipping overhead ? :D..

donaldalien.jpg

The reason I ask, is that Sarah Huckabee Sanders was going to 'run it by him' by asking does he believe in such things and then report the findings back to the media. As far as I'm aware tho, she hasn't relayed anything back yet ? 

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/does-trump-believe-in-ufos-sarah-huckabee-sanders-2017-12?r=US&IR=T

 

 

haha - love pic of The Don -- :tu:

mmm it will be interesting to see if Sarah Huckabee gets back on that --- I haven't seen anything but I haven't looked yet -

I remember seeing a video where Bill Clinton says he tried to find out about Roswell but couldn't (if we can believe that)
we all know how much the POTUS loves winning perhaps he might like to go one better than Bill Clinton and spill some beans..?

but without going too much off topic, I suspect that Roswell was connected to the space / time / dimension busting effects of a major
nuclear detonation so it is probably all tied up with highly classified stuff connected to the nuclear industry and therefore the military
and defence so Trump might not want to go down that road...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
16 minutes ago, bee said:

haha - love pic of The Don -- :tu:

Yes, it's very complimentary :whistle:

16 minutes ago, bee said:

mmm it will be interesting to see if Sarah Huckabee gets back on that --- I haven't seen anything but I haven't looked yet -

I hope she does get back as well, as I'm very curious to know what his general views are. 

16 minutes ago, bee said:

I remember seeing a video where Bill Clinton says he tried to find out about Roswell but couldn't (if we can believe that)
we all know how much the POTUS loves winning perhaps he might like to go one better than Bill Clinton and spill some beans..?

Hmm, well I'm not so sure if he'd say all that much about the alleged Roswell incident. As it's been such a 'done to death' story. Even so, it would still be interesting to know what his opinion was (depending if he has any at all) 

16 minutes ago, bee said:

but without going too much off topic, I suspect that Roswell was connected to the space / time / dimension busting effects of a major nuclear detonation so it is probably all tied up with highly classified stuff connected to the nuclear industry and therefore the military and defence so Trump might not want to go down that road...

Haha...maybe not bee :ph34r:..

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
17 hours ago, Astra. said:

ChrLzs, I'm going to go off topic for a sec. But anyway, I'm aware that you often observe the night skies when you're able to and know a lot about them. I also like to look up into them on a clear night when I get the chance to. Anyway, speaking of unidentified aircraft. I saw something a little unusual two nights before Christmas Eve. Btw, no alcohol involved only coffee ;)..

Yeah, yeah, sure...  I've heard about those parties you throw..

Quote

It was around 9pm when I looked out over the ocean to the East from the balcony when I suddenly noticed a long streak of white light going through the sky. Ok, so I naturally put it down to being a meteorite or space junk burning up in our atmosphere (in which I still sometimes refer to as a falling star) :)...

Thing is, this thing shot back up (it looked like a small bright star) in which then proceeded to zig-zag a few times at what seemed to be at a colossal speed before the darn clouds came in from the West in which I then lost sight of. All up this observation probably lasted no more than 40 seconds I guess.

And then what happened after you got up out of the gutter.... :D  Sorry, couldn't resist..  Absolutely no idea, sorry - about all I can sugegst is that you were watching a Xmas present being tested out, maybe just a kilometre or two away.  Namely a high end drone with LED lighting.  I have a quite cheap one, and can get to about 500 metres before I lose control of it and it plummets.. better ones can go for kilometres.  There is just no reason for a satellite to go zig-zagging - they do sometimes adjust their orbits, but it is barely detectable (I caught the ISS doing it once, and it was only visible as a very slight bend in the path it was transcribing across my image..

Quote

Now Iv'e seen the tiny points of light from satellites that move across the skies at night in a straight line, and what I also believed was once the ISS. Anyway, I was wondering if you may know what this could have been. Is it possible for satellites to act this way for some reason, or possible space debris ?

Nope, not unless you were catching a spray of the Geminids, and they all sorta aligned so you got a zig zag effect, but I think you would have reported that differently.  So, yes, you saw a UFO!!!  Proof of alienz (for some here....)

May I suggest you check with the local astronomy experts to see if they caught anything?  I'm at work now, but I can get you a number or website if you want..

 

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Yeah, yeah, sure...  I've heard about those parties you throw..

Hahaha...smileys-party-380770.gif

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

And then what happened after you got up out of the gutter.... :D  Sorry, couldn't resist.. 

Not tellin! :D..

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Absolutely no idea, sorry - about all I can sugegst is that you were watching a Xmas present being tested out, maybe just a kilometre or two away.  Namely a high end drone with LED lighting.  I have a quite cheap one, and can get to about 500 metres before I lose control of it and it plummets.. better ones can go for kilometres.  There is just no reason for a satellite to go zig-zagging - they do sometimes adjust their orbits, but it is barely detectable (I caught the ISS doing it once, and it was only visible as a very slight bend in the path it was transcribing across my image..

Thank you for your input ChrLzs, I truly appreciate it. Hmm, I didn't give much consideration to it possibly being a drone. I wouldn't think tho, that a drone could streak across the sky (high above as it was) that seemed more like a shooting star (space junk etc..) burning up in our atmosphere. I mean seeing these streaks and flashes of light such as obvious debris, pieces of rock from meteorites etc..streaking across the night sky as it burns up in the atmosphere isn't all that uncommon to see. What I found odd was what shot out of it (like a star) that seemed to move exceedingly fast, before it zig-zagged, and then was covered by low cloud...in which I was rather irritated about :rolleyes:..

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Nope, not unless you were catching a spray of the Geminids, and they all sorta aligned so you got a zig zag effect, but I think you would have reported that differently.  So, yes, you saw a UFO!!!  Proof of alienz (for some here....)

Yes, at this time I'll leave it as a wonder and a mystery by calling it a UFO...and of course not jumping to the conclusion that it was of alien origin. I still like to wear my logical and rational hat before I get too carried away with fantastical ideas. What we need is concrete evidence that these things are possibly visiting our planet. But so far there is a big fat nothing.

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

May I suggest you check with the local astronomy experts to see if they caught anything?  I'm at work now, but I can get you a number or website if you want..

Well it wouldn't hurt to check it out. The website would be good if you get the time.

Cheers :st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
31 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Well it wouldn't hurt to check it out. The website would be good if you get the time.

Cheers :st

Just a few seconds available for a quick reply - you need the SAS!!!

http://sas.org.au/

cheers

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma

On a serious note:

I don't know how some of you lovely people manage to carry on with things like this= the constant barrage of feelings & belief.

What do you lovely people do to chill out?

Personally I sit here at the computer writing music most of the time....

heehee, I must add I'm a little under the influence of alcohol at the mo which for me is not often & tend to get a little emotional.:wub:

 Alcohol has a strange effect on me:

where many can  'maybe become a little more aggressive' -- I just go all lovey & stupid.. I'm going to fekin regret it when I read this back- i know it:)


Peace.

dej...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
32 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

 Alcohol has a strange effect on me:

where many can  'maybe become a little more aggressive' -- I just go all lovey & stupid.. I'm going to ferkin regret it when I read this back- i know it:)

LOL, no it's not all that bad. That's why I don't drink wine whilst texting, emailing or posting anymore. Believe me, Iv'e learnt MY lesson :lol:...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CeresExpo2000
On 12/19/2017 at 3:23 PM, UFOwatcher said:

This story is getting more than normal press. More from Washington Post

"An order came in for him to suspend the exercise and do some “real-world tasking,” about 60 miles west of their location, Fravor said. He said he was told by the command that there were some unidentified flying objects descending from 80,000 feet to 20,000 feet and disappearing; he said officials told him they had been tracking a couple dozen of these objects for a few weeks.

When they arrived closer to the point, they saw the object, flying around a patch of white water in the ocean below. “A white Tic Tac, about the same size as a Hornet, 40 feet long with no wings,” Fravor described. “Just hanging close to the water.”

Scouts are seen only when they want to be seen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76

You know the skeptics are reaching hard when they are insulting pilots who know far more then they do regarding anything flight related. 

Then again, it’s those same skeptics who’s entire world view is challenged by this experience. 

At least I now know for certain truth has no relevance to those pretending to “seek the truth”. No, you are about crushing anyone who doesn’t share your world view, even when the ones reporting it are vastly more  knowledgeable on the subject then you are. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff
1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

You know the skeptics are reaching hard when they are insulting pilots who know far more then they do regarding anything flight related. 

Then again, it’s those same skeptics who’s entire world view is challenged by this experience. 

At least I now know for certain truth has no relevance to those pretending to “seek the truth”. No, you are about crushing anyone who doesn’t share your world view, even when the ones reporting it are vastly more  knowledgeable on the subject then you are. 

Yeah+right_39f769_3998891.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
1 hour ago, Stiff said:

Yeah+right_39f769_3998891.gif

I don't know if this was really agreeing, or if you were being sarcastic, but it was hilarious either way. :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.

Ok, so since this UFO(s) have been captured on radar by the Navy, and the public have now been told that this is the compelling evidence that "we may not be alone"...what happens now ? 

If this is proof (beyond any shadow of a doubt) that many folk from around the world have been waiting to hear. Then surely the news of this would have every country from around the globe in a buzz ?....as far as I'm aware the media have now gone rather quite about it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astra.
8 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You know the skeptics are reaching hard when they are insulting pilots who know far more then they do regarding anything flight related. 

Then again, it’s those same skeptics who’s entire world view is challenged by this experience. 

At least I now know for certain truth has no relevance to those pretending to “seek the truth”. No, you are about crushing anyone who doesn’t share your world view, even when the ones reporting it are vastly more  knowledgeable on the subject then you are. 

See this is what my dilemma is atm. Part of me wants to believe that we are being visited, and then I have the annoying niggly bit at the back of my mind telling me to keep rational. Well, at least until we have even more solid evidence. So at this stage the champers still remains on ice :rolleyes:..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
badeskov
12 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You know the skeptics are reaching hard when they are insulting pilots who know far more then they do regarding anything flight related. 

And how exactly are us skeptical of ET visitation insulting pilots again? Can you post some examples?

Quote

Then again, it’s those same skeptics who’s entire world view is challenged by this experience. 

Not at all. In fact, I do not know a single person/poster skeptical of ET visitation that wouldn't be exhilarated if actual, tangible evidence could be produced. Alas, so it has not been in the many years of UFOlogy.

Quote

At least I now know for certain truth has no relevance to those pretending to “seek the truth”.

Actually you obviously know no such thing - see above. It is the typical excuse for those believing in ET visitation when they can produce no evidence and the questions to the glaringly weak "evidence" actually produced get pointy. 

Quote

No, you are about crushing anyone who doesn’t share your world view, even when the ones reporting it are vastly more  knowledgeable on the subject then you are. 

Absolute and utter nonsense. The usual excuse again from those believing in ET visitation when the cold, hard facts are pointed out in all their naked beauty. 

And, just to get back to pilots, you are aware (of course), that not only are pilots not only not infallible, they are trained to recognize objects in their sphere of responsibility in the sky as hostile if not already known friendlies and thus will much easier jump to a conclusion of a UFO being a craft as they have so little time to make an assessment that they can't afford themselves to linger around musing over something unknown. It's a craft. They are trained that way - for a reason. And we should be thankful for it.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
2 hours ago, badeskov said:

And how exactly are us skeptical of ET visitation insulting pilots again? Can you post some examples?

Not at all. In fact, I do not know a single person/poster skeptical of ET visitation that wouldn't be exhilarated if actual, tangible evidence could be produced. Alas, so it has not been in the many years of UFOlogy.

Actually you obviously know no such thing - see above. It is the typical excuse for those believing in ET visitation when they can produce no evidence and the questions to the glaringly weak "evidence" actually produced get pointy. 

Absolute and utter nonsense. The usual excuse again from those believing in ET visitation when the cold, hard facts are pointed out in all their naked beauty. 

And, just to get back to pilots, you are aware (of course), that not only are pilots not only not infallible, they are trained to recognize objects in their sphere of responsibility in the sky as hostile if not already known friendlies and thus will much easier jump to a conclusion of a UFO being a craft as they have so little time to make an assessment that they can't afford themselves to linger around musing over something unknown. It's a craft. They are trained that way - for a reason. And we should be thankful for it.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Sorry I shouldn’t have lumped you all together. I was thinking of one person in particular in this thread really, 

i never said pilots were infallible. I’m just saying they certainly aren’t stupid, like one poster here claimed they were. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
6 hours ago, Astra. said:

See this is what my dilemma is atm. Part of me wants to believe that we are being visited, and then I have the annoying niggly bit at the back of my mind telling me to keep rational. Well, at least until we have even more solid evidence. So at this stage the champers still remains on ice :rolleyes:..

Na I feel ya. I don’t have any idea if space aliens are visiting us. I just know there is a certain percentage of people who have actually seen things like flying saucers. What their origin is, I really couldn’t say. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Truthseeker007
8 hours ago, Astra. said:

Ok, so since this UFO(s) have been captured on radar by the Navy, and the public have now been told that this is the compelling evidence that "we may not be alone"...what happens now ? 

If this is proof (beyond any shadow of a doubt) that many folk from around the world have been waiting to hear. Then surely the news of this would have every country from around the globe in a buzz ?....as far as I'm aware the media have now gone rather quite about it. 

When does the media ever report on anything of value?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
8 hours ago, badeskov said:

And how exactly are us skeptical of ET visitation insulting pilots again? Can you post some examples?

There is an example on this very page. Post 177. BTW I never said anything about ET visitation. Im talking specifically about people seeing crafts not known to the public. 

Not at all. In fact, I do not know a single person/poster skeptical of ET visitation that wouldn't be exhilarated if actual, tangible evidence could be produced. Alas, so it has not been in the many years of Ufology.

I highly doubt that. Take this very thread as an example. Not one skeptic here can give an inch, and even call it interesting. Some have gone so far as to attack the intelligence of these pilots.

Actually you obviously know no such thing - see above. It is the typical excuse for those believing in ET visitation when they can produce no evidence and the questions to the glaringly weak "evidence" actually produced get pointy. 

I never said anything about ET visitation.

Absolute and utter nonsense. The usual excuse again from those believing in ET visitation when the cold, hard facts are pointed out in all their naked beauty. 

I never said anything about ET visitation. As far as seeing these craft, I witnessed one personally. Sure I cant prove it to anyone, but from my POV I know they exist, and I know anyone who says otherwise is wrong. No other way about it.

 

Cheers,
Badeskov

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
21 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You know the skeptics are reaching hard when they are insulting pilots who know far more then they do regarding anything flight related. 

Then again, it’s those same skeptics who’s entire world view is challenged by this experience. 

At least I now know for certain truth has no relevance to those pretending to “seek the truth”. No, you are about crushing anyone who doesn’t share your world view, even when the ones reporting it are vastly more  knowledgeable on the subject then you are. 

The analyses of the videos show that they were pursuing a distant jet. If the pilots were wrong about the pursuit then that is the case. The evidence peaks for itself.

The scoffers that refuse to examine the evidence and accept or reject willy nilly can be easily fooled and they are. I am seeing plenty of UFO believers that accept the story and grasp onto it with a death grip instead of examining the evidence. It's part of their belief system. The videos appear to show distant jets. Misinterpretations by people that were there are being latched onto by believers because it supports their worldview even if the evidence does not support their world view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lost_shaman
12 hours ago, stereologist said:

The analyses of the videos show that they were pursuing a distant jet. If the pilots were wrong about the pursuit then that is the case. The evidence peaks for itself.

No it doesn't show there was a a Jet. This was the U.S.S Nimitz who ordered a squadron of FA/18's to break off a training mission to check out multiple unidentified objects 60 miles off the California coast. 

After the first group had to break off and return to the carrier another set of FA/18's were sent up to continue to chase these objects and this video is from one of those second set of FA/18's. The UAP could not be identified as and out maneuvered the U.S. warplanes. 

To think the U.S.S. Nimitz can't ID some random Jets is just ridiculous nonsense from people like stereologist. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.