Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

OK, TX, AK, & MO Black Panther Sightings

mortellementpanthera

1 minute ago, skrubby said:

To be truthful eye witness accounts are useless the human memory can change at the whim of a single word

You're making a very global statement and trying to  apply it to a situation that it cannot be applied to. When one million people in LA come out in the middle of the night in a darkened city to watch the US army fight a UFO, and the stories that those people tell all match, please don't tell me they all suffered the same change of memory and come up with the SAME object to replace whatever it really was!  It doesn't work like that.  And BTW, why does your "logic" not apply to black panther? That was my point all along.

1 minute ago, skrubby said:

that's why I don't believe any of it and one ufo account once was just a light up frisbee ironically

I see. More fractured logic. if one UFO sighting is a frisbee, they ALL are!! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You're making a very global statement and trying to  apply it to a situation that it cannot be applied to. When one million people in LA come out in the middle of the night in a darkened city to watch the US army fight a UFO, and the stories that those people tell all match, please don't tell me they all suffered the same change of memory and come up with the SAME object to replace whatever it really was!  It doesn't work like that.  And BTW, why does your "logic" not apply to black panther? That was my point all along.

Well first off I never said it didn't you automatically assumed it did

I see. More fractured logic. if one UFO sighting is a frisbee, they ALL are!! 

Thats even more fractured logic than what I gave if one black panther sighting is a cat they must all be cats yeah no not every sighting is one thing I gave an example of one case

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, skrubby said:

To be truthful eye witness accounts are useless the human memory can change at the whim of a single word that's why I don't believe any of it and one ufo account once was just a light up frisbee ironically

Well this ain't no frisbee.

I was there in '97 & it sure wasn't no flares either.

5b981df16ce69.image.jpg.16191c0366ef0715b6331baf20f8636d.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ares_Zeusson said:

Well this ain't no frisbee.

I was there in '97 & it sure wasn't no flares either.

5b981df16ce69.image.jpg.16191c0366ef0715b6331baf20f8636d.jpg

The closest thing i've seen to this is the towers that shine white lights to keep planes from crashing

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skrubby said:

The closest thing i've seen to this is the towers that shine white lights to keep planes from crashing

If that were the case they'd only be about this tall.

5b981df16ce69.image.jpg.64b969f2ee3bad9087a4f9216990d7db.jpg

• Like 1

Okay however I still doubt there is a ufo the lights could be a number of things and I see no silhouette

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, skrubby said:

Okay however I still doubt there is a ufo the lights could be a number of things and I see no silhouette

Well the fact no one really knows what it was makes it an Unidentified Flying Object.

• Like 2

Just to bring this thread back in line...

Has anyone ever seen the skeletal remains of the black panther?  

How about footprints??  

• Like 1

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

How about footprints??  

Ive found big cat footprints but im just a couple of hundred miles north of the Jaguars natural range.  Still technically a cryptid kinda sorta....ok not really

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Ive found big cat footprints but im just a couple of hundred miles north of the Jaguars natural range.  Still technically a cryptid kinda sorta....ok not really

I'm actually playing Devil's Advocate with this but... "How do you know the prints are real?"

See where I'm going with this? ;)

• Like 2

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'm actually playing Devil's Advocate with this but... "How do you know the prints are real?"

See where I'm going with this? ;)

I got ya!  I cant stand the "the witness was wrong" crowd.

• Like 1

I would have to believe anywhere that supports large cats could support black ones

• Like 3

Jaguars have been seen in Arizona and New Mexico, though only a handful. You may have seen something there Farmer.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-science/2017/03/02/rare-jaguar-spotted-mountains-arizona/98641298/

Black Jaguars are real. They exist but are rare.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_panther

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Cleveland county, 2 miles east of Draper lake. I was looking out my bedroom window and saw what I originally thought to be my rottweiler walking into the woods from the pasture.  Then I noticed it was walking like a cat, shaped like a cat, long thick curved tail and it was completely black. It slinked slowly into the trees and I jumped up and told my mom. She made fun of me for 6 years and then one day she called me and told me they were heading somewhere in northwestern oklahoma and she saw a big black cat the size of a rottweiler run across the highway. She was in shock. I said I TOLD YOU. I know people say I'm full of **** every time I mention it but I know damn well what I saw. Didnt stop me from going in those same woods very often especially in spring for shroom season. Sometimes I'll be out there though and think about that time I saw that cat walk into the woods and it doesnt sit well with me. Lol

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Idk if you’re still looking for accounts but I came within 5-10 ft of what I believe was a black panther on the Illinois River in Tahlequah Oklahoma in the summer of 2013. Please feel free to  me if interested in my story. 

• Like 2

I have seen a large black cat with a long tail that was curved on the end in the afternoon. It was in Caddo County, Oklahoma, at approximately a third of a mile east of 2540 and 1210 County roads! My mother-in-law was with me and saw it also! So yes, I believe it was a black panther! I am also a college graduate and do not believe in making up stuff. This was on 10/15/2019.

Edited by Ronda P
To explain date this was seen.
  • Like 3

Saw a black one twice, and a typical "fawn" colored one seven different times from the late 70's to early 90's in Oklahoma. They exist, and are out there in breeding numbers in spite of what the game officials say.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I live in southern Pittsburg county and have had two sightings approximately a year apart.  They are in line with what locals report seeing.  Both happened in late November or early December around hunting season when game is moving up the mountain for winter.

The first one was just after Dawn at the bottom of the mountain and was a medium sized black cat that appeared to be young and was about the size of my Dalmatian pit bull mix with shorter legs and a long tail.  It walked across the road in front of our truck and across into the woods.  Both sides of the road are wooded at this point in a leased hunting area. The gait was strange in that the front legs were bent while the back were straighter while running, which is why it didn't immediately register as a large cat.  It was definitely much bigger than my huge Maine Coons with shorter sleek fur.

The second sighting was yesterday afternoon at about 4 pm on a clear day.  It was on a road that parallels the Indian turnpike.  I was again driving slowly due to recent gravel that made driving slippery.  I saw a large black cat standing in a clearing.  I stopped and backed up about 50 feet.  It was definitely an extremely large black cat, longer and taller than my 175 pound Spanish Mastiff.  It made eye contact for a good thirty seconds while I was trying to open my camera app.  It had a long tail that reached the ground, light eyes, a cat shaped head and smallish pointed ears.  The grass in the clearing came up barely to it's belly.  I heard another truck driving quickly and the animal turned and walked into the treeline.  It definitely had the haunches and gait of a feline.  At the treeline it stopped and looked back at me for several seconds before continuing on.

The locations we're fairly close together in a remote area.  The first was off wagon wheel road.  The second was on Pittsburg road about halfway between Blanco and wagon wheel road.

Edited by NanaJoyce
  • Like 2

I have also seen large cat tracks on the road near our remote homestead over the summer.  At the time I had a tracking book with me to learn how to identify the various tracks nearby.  There is a Sandy area caused by a seep across the dirt road which frequently has animal tracks around it.  This is also southern Pittsburg county

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This post is clearly two or more years alittle out dated but I just had to stick my little witchy                                  nose.                                                        Into it anyways because Phantom Panthers/Aquatic Panthers are connected to Ancient Indian Water Deities.                                                                                                                        And Native American Curses and are very similar in nature and culture to Catawampus/Swamp Puma/Wild Felines/Cat Like Shapeshifters.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DemiDarkWitchLady said:

This post is clearly two or more years alittle out dated but I just had to stick my little witchy                                  nose.                                                        Into it anyways because Phantom Panthers/Aquatic Panthers are connected to Ancient Indian Water Deities.                                                                                                                        And Native American Curses and are very similar in nature and culture to Catawampus/Swamp Puma/Wild Felines/Cat Like Shapeshifters.

That's pretty interesting. In the mid 70's my brother, my sister and I saw what we, and others around our area described as a "black panther." I'm no cat expert so maybe it was a black cougar, or puma or whatever. But it was about 9 to 10 feet long including the tail. (We saw it from about 80 or so yards away in broad daylight) It was maybe 2 and a half feet tall. It stopped to look at us, then went on its way from the clearing it was in, into brush.

My mom got scared one night and never told us why until we were all grown and out of the house. She went out to do the laundry in our shop that was a few feet from our back door. As she stepped out, she said there was a 3 foot tall scaly creature holding out its hands towards her. She said it looked like a mini gill man from the movies. Needless to say, she dropped the laundry and came inside.

And decades later, (thanks to the internet) I found that indeed, the Indians of Florida did regard a creature just as she described, as a deity.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I took a couple cell phone pics of what appeared to be a large black cat in El Reno Oklahoma on 4-10-20 near the WalMart. I realize the photos are not the best quality but I believe they could be what your looking for. I am not able to upload as the pictures are too large. If I had an email I could send them.