Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Melbourne pedestrians hit by car

Black Red Devil

Two men have been arrested after more than a dozen people, including a preschool-aged child, were injured when a car ran into pedestrians outside Melbourne's Flinders Street train station.

Police said 14 people had been injured, several critically, in what was believed to be a deliberate attack.

link

• Like 1

I am beginning to believe driverless automobiles ain't such a bad idea after all ...

~

• Like 1

Hardly takes a genius to get the point ..... Preach'rman ...

Oh relax  ... I'd rather have been on the proven wrong on these ones ... is all I'm a sayiin'

~

• Like 1

Melbourne attack 'not terror related'

The Australian citizen of Afghan descent was taken into custody after a struggle at the scene of the incident.

The car the 32-year-old was driving hit a number of pedestrians on Flinders Street, a busy junction in the centre of the city, said Victoria Police.

Link

I find the bolded text very hard to believe.

Edited by Sabbath
  • Like 1

Idk, it whiffs of a terrorism act if you ask me. I don't care whether the guy has a drug problem / mental issues or not. His Afghan decent says enough to me to make me feel suspicious. 

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 5

Yes, a psychic wave of attacks as the virus spread across the planet while committing terrorist attacks.
It's hard to do a bomb but get on a car and shoot down people much easier.

Hmmm...lets see...the man was Afghan...ran into a bunch of pedestrians on purpose...his cohort who was also arrested had a bag full of knives....don't most people drive around with a bag full of knives in their cars? 

Nah....just 'mentally unstable'  ....please move along ...nothing to see  here...

Edited by joc
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, joc said:

Hmmm...lets see...the man was Afghan...ran into a bunch of pedestrians on purpose...his cohort who was also arrested had a bag full of knives....don't most people drive around with a bag full of knives in their cars? 

Nah....just 'mentally unstable'  ....please move along ...nothing to see  here...

Somewhere along the line, I think I must have lost the plot.  For about 45 years or so, I lived in a world where people had what we called "common sense".  Over the past decade that all seems to have changed and now our leaders think they can create the reality they choose and make us believe it.  Even while we bury the dead.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Two men have been arrested after more than a dozen people, including a preschool-aged child, were injured when a car ran into pedestrians outside Melbourne's Flinders Street train station.

Police said 14 people had been injured, several critically, in what was believed to be a deliberate attack.

link

The article you linked to has been updated:

Police say a man accused of deliberately crashing a car into pedestrians outside Melbourne's Flinders Street train station, sending 19 people to hospital and creating peak-hour chaos, has a history of assault, drug use and mental health issues.

Police said the driver was a 32-year-old Australian citizen of Afghan descent, and was known to police, but was not on bail at the time of the incident.

Of the 19 admitted to hospital, 15 are in a stable condition — including a four-year-old boy and the driver — and four are in a critical condition.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-21/police-investigate-emergency-incident-in-central-melbourne/9280618

• Like 2

oops

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Somewhere along the line, I think I must have lost the plot.  For about 45 years or so, I lived in a world where people had what we called "common sense".  Over the past decade that all seems to have changed and now our leaders think they can create the reality they choose and make us believe it.  Even while we bury the dead.

The Plot changed my friend, when Orwell's writings actually replaced common sense.  Just as books became the Evil in Fahrenheit 451, Common Sense has become the Evil in this Orwellian 1984ish reality we find ourselves in today.  We are 'expected' to believe whatever the 'leaders' and their 'media' tell us.

• Like 3

This is my home town. This is the main train stop we used when we went Christmas shopping. This is families shopping, or off to see Santa or the Myers display.

I have no words.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kismit said:

This is my home town. This is the main train stop we used when we went Christmas shopping. This is families shopping, or off to see Santa or the Myers display.

I have no words.

Everything hits harder when it is closer to home...Familiarity makes an otherwise normal day news cycle story personal...because it is.

I am reminded of a poem I quote often...because I empathically feel it...

And some days...i am everyone I meet.  And some days I am everyone I meet. 

Today I am you Kismit! 

:wub:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, third_eye said:

Hardly takes a genius to get the point ..... Preach'rman ...

Oh relax  ... I'd rather have been on the proven wrong on these ones ... is all I'm a sayiin'

~

I wonder if the people who are laying in the hospital in critical condition feel the same. Or all the people all over Europe who had to bury their loved ones feel the same. 

To conclude that bringing in millions of people from third world hell holes might end up being a good think just lacks common sense. You never had a chance of being right. 

25 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I wonder if the people who are laying in the hospital in critical condition feel the same. Or all the people all over Europe who had to bury their loved ones feel the same. 

To conclude that bringing in millions of people from third world hell holes might end up being a good think just lacks common sense. You never had a chance of being right. 

Melbourne is one of the most multicultural cities you could ever vist. It always has been. I mean always. It's multiculturalism is one of it's greatest assetts. 

This is an awful thing for families to be going through. We have two men arrested, both meant harm, one is from Afghanistan and had drug and mental health issues, the other I am not sure of. It is not confirmed as a terrorist attack but people are already insinuating this is part of some global conspiracy to pretend terrorist attacks don't exsist. 

What part of this story confirms it as organised terrorism? And not just another failing mental health system.

What evidence is there that the Victorian police/government would cover up a terrorist attack?

This is a country which very publicly keeps the nation informed of interior terrorist activities. The school of thought being that if they publicly let the terrorists know they know what they are up to, it works as a deterent.

Why cover up this, and declare This terrorism? Why have constant terror threat updates and then cover it up? 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Melbourne is one of the most multicultural cities you could ever vist. It always has been. I mean always. It's multiculturalism is one of it's greatest assetts. 

This is an awful thing for families to be going through. We have two men arrested, both meant harm, one is from Afghanistan and had drug and mental health issues, the other I am not sure of. It is not confirmed as a terrorist attack but people are already insinuating this is part of some global conspiracy to pretend terrorist attacks don't exsist. 

What part of this story confirms it as organised terrorism? And not just another failing mental health system.

What evidence is there that the Victorian police/government would cover up a terrorist attack?

This is a country which very publicly keeps the nation informed of interior terrorist activities. The school of thought being that if they publicly let the terrorists know they know what they are up to, it works as a deterent.

Why cover up this, and declare This terrorism? Why have constant terror threat updates and then cover it up? 

Let’s just call it a very clear pattern. 

They want to cover up this and many other terror attacks cause they don’t want to admit bringing in these people in the way they have is a horrible mistake. 

If multiculturalism is working out so well there, why are Muslims demanding their own country inside Australia?

57 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Let’s just call it a very clear pattern. 

They want to cover up this and many other terror attacks cause they don’t want to admit bringing in these people in the way they have is a horrible mistake. 

If multiculturalism is working out so well there, why are Muslims demanding their own country inside Australia?

LOL, where did you get this nonsense from?  Australia isn't Sweden, there are no no-go zones, jounalists don't hide the background identity of alleged perpetrators and the Cops here don't pu$$y-foot around in fear.  Most of all, politicians are liable for not telling truths or lying and quickly loose their seat in Parliament if they are found out.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

LOL, where did you get this nonsense from?  Australia isn't Sweden, there are no no-go zones, jounalists don't hide the background identity of alleged perpetrators and the Cops here don't pu$$y-foot around in fear.  Most of all, politicians are liable for not telling truths or lying and quickly loose their seat in Parliament if they are found out.

I particularly like the bit about the police not ***** footing around. 

I can't work out why preacherman, when faced with evidence, still sticks to innuendo as fact.

You can not spend two weeks in this country without being exposed to the current threat level or activity and yet he wants to believe the police would cover up this one incident.

It's like being in a room with someone pointing out kittens, when a possum turns up. "That's a kitten, this one's a kitten, be careful there's a kitten in the corner, that's a possum"........ conspiracy! Cover up! Why are you hidding that kitten from the public?

#notakitten

• Like 3

I wish all the victims a speedy recovery, but I won't stick my beak into another country's internal affairs.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I wish all the victims a speedy recovery, but I won't stick my beak into another country's internal affairs.

It's o.k. Australian's are super tough and exceptionally good in a fight. We will value your input even if we don't agree with it. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, third_eye said:

I am beginning to believe driverless automobiles ain't such a bad idea after all ...

~

you're assuming that driverless cars won't have computer and sensor glitches.  ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, and then said:

i echo your sentiments about our political leaders trying to artificially construct a society by opening our borders to whoever but the thing is that other than his heritage, the suspect seems not to have acted for any terrorist organisation at this stage. he's known to police, mentally ill and a drug addict. in fact, at the same time as the above mentioned incident occurred he had an appointment with a mental heath professional. don't get me wrong I'm all for people assimilating into a host country and if they can't then they shouldn't be there. but in this case it seems that drugs and mental health is the problem. everyone gets angry and fearful when we mention 'terrorism' but drugs are killing and ruining more lives than religious nut jobs. now if the suspect was Caucasian and high no one would banter an eyelid. Politicians included. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

I particularly like the bit about the police not ***** footing around. 

I can't work out why preacherman, when faced with evidence, still sticks to innuendo as fact.

You can not spend two weeks in this country without being exposed to the current threat level or activity and yet he wants to believe the police would cover up this one incident.

It's like being in a room with someone pointing out kittens, when a possum turns up. "That's a kitten, this one's a kitten, be careful there's a kitten in the corner, that's a possum"........ conspiracy! Cover up! Why are you hidding that kitten from the public?

#notakitten

Unfortunately,  in the USA we have a plethora of Politicians who will tell you it is snowing in July if it fits their narrative...and a willing media that will parrot said snow storm with out so much as a question.  It is very unfortunate...so...we have first hand experience of anything 'terrorist' immediately being squashed as such by both politicians and media...to the point that the media won't even mention the name of a suspect of such a crime if it even sounds arabic.

The Police...I have nothing but accolades for...but a lot of the time they are hamstrung by the politicians and the media alike.  I so long for a day when our Politic is believable in the way the Australian Politic is!  

lol @ #notakitten 

• Like 3