Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you haunt others in your after life?

Sooth Sayer

On 1/2/2018 at 2:05 PM, Myles said:

I don't think haunting someone HAS to be negative.   I guess that is how it is usually thought of. 

I had an experience at one residence where I felt someone tug gently on my shirt, from the back near my waistline. It wasn't aggressive but more like what a child might do to get your attention in a polite manner.

My wife was in the kitchen when it happened and since I turned around immediately I saw no one. 

So either I imagined it or some ghost wanted me to notice them for some reason. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 10:59 PM, Sooth Sayer said:

After reading lots of stories on this site it got me to thinking, would I haunt others after passing away? I joke with my wife that if I die first that's what I'll be doing.

She isn't so thrilled by the idea and always tells me to stop saying that.

But it's true, if I could, I would make noises in the night. Move things around. Maybe even try and write a message somehow after "going away" just to let others know, I'm not completely gone. 

I could still be lingering around watching and trying to say hello. 

So my question to UM members is, would you also try and let people know about your presence from the after life? 

Yes I would.

I would go 'Full Body Apparition' in public places like...lets say at the Oscars red carpet. Or in photo's of Kim Jong Un messing with the red button. Then I would go to the Nobel prize ceremony and accept the prize for 'giving science the finger'. After all those public appearances I would return here to the forum and see what the mood is like.

Edited by Nostrodumbass
  • Like 2

Still my ex wife and ex best friend only this time I'd like to add anyone else who knew about the affair and never told me .... in not bitter it only happened about 20 odd years ago lol

• Like 2

Sure, why not have some fun?  Flicker lights, open and close doors, make the phone ring, hide car keys, turn tv on/off.  Wouldn't do anything malevolent, just mischievous.

Got me wondering- if you were doomed to haunt one place forever like so many stories say, what happens when the sun cools down, expands, and swallows the earth? Will you then reside inside the sun?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

Got me wondering- if you were doomed to haunt one place forever like so many stories say, what happens when the sun cools down, expands, and swallows the earth? Will you then reside inside the sun?

Yep, there would just be an oblique spheroid of ghosts residing in the abyss of space forever. 

Hopefully something else was haunting your area too so you have something to pass the time with. And some noise besides whatever is left of your mind.

But do the ghosts stay at that point in space where the place they were doomed to haunt ceased to exist in entirety? Are they subject to gravity and remain a single entity? Can they hitch rides on passing celestial objects? Or do they split into the atoms of that place and spread all over the universe, thus imperceptible, as an atomic level ghost wouldn’t be easy to perceive in any manner. 

How about criminals, bad people? Do they get to become ghosts? Do they have the same power as other ghosts? Who decides? What determines it? Is it just a continuation of Earth? Good v evil? Police ghosts keeping the bad ghosts in check? I hope so, because, for example; the idea of a paedophile ghost is especially disturbing.

In conclusion: I don’t believe ghosts exist. If they did, we should have so much real evidence of it. But yes, if they did, I’d definitely ‘haunt’.

• Like 2

Short answer... hell yea.

I don’t know what lies ahead but I, along with many in my family, have more stories than you can shake a stick at. Ghosts? Who knows? That’s the go-to answer for the inexplicable things I’ve experienced because, well, they’re inexplicable but I’m not here to convince anyone. Given the chance to haunt though? I’d have so much fun. I definitely have a few friends in mind whose furniture I’ll be stacking and dishes I’ll be throwing. Then I’ll find the biggest skeptics on this forum and torture the shlt out of them. Within a week of my passing they’ll be on here sounding like the biggest kooks around. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2018 at 11:54 AM, ChaosRose said:

And what if I couldn't stand the people who moved in? 

I have a guy for that. He runs an ad in our local paper. 

flat,800x800,075,f.u4.jpg

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 3

On 1/5/2018 at 4:19 AM, Nostrodumbass said:

Yes I would.

I would go 'Full Body Apparition' in public places like...lets say at the Oscars red carpet. Or in photo's of Kim Jong Un messing with the red button. Then I would go to the Nobel prize ceremony and accept the prize for 'giving science the finger'. After all those public appearances I would return here to the forum and see what the mood is like.

It would be great to be able to freak people out.