Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you haunt others in your after life?

Sooth Sayer

After reading lots of stories on this site it got me to thinking, would I haunt others after passing away? I joke with my wife that if I die first that's what I'll be doing.

She isn't so thrilled by the idea and always tells me to stop saying that.

But it's true, if I could, I would make noises in the night. Move things around. Maybe even try and write a message somehow after "going away" just to let others know, I'm not completely gone. 

I could still be lingering around watching and trying to say hello. 

So my question to UM members is, would you also try and let people know about your presence from the after life? 

• Like 7

Yes. I would. If I could proove to my loved ones that I was o.k. and that there is an afterlife. I would ceetainly make attempts to contact them, because I would want them to Know those things.

• Like 6

What Kismit said, but I'd definitely set aside a little ghost time for messing with some heads too - hell, maybe I'd even get my own UM thread! ^_^

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sooth Sayer said:

But it's true, if I could, I would make noises in the night. Move things around.

What about folding the laundry? xD 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gingitsune said:

What about folding the laundry? xD 

I do that in this life. Why would I continue doing house work? I'd have the perfect excuse not to, I'm dead. :lol:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sooth Sayer said:

I do that in this life. Why would I continue doing house work? I'd have the perfect excuse not to, I'm dead. :lol:

Waking your loved ones in the middle of the night will just make them move out to another house and leave you behind. :P

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gingitsune said:

Waking your loved ones in the middle of the night will just make them move out to another house and leave you behind. :P

Nooooo, my wife would just tell me to stop it. :lol:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sooth Sayer said:

Nooooo, my wife would just tell me to stop it. :lol:

Or she would move in with her new husband... :ph34r:

• Like 2

Just now, Sooth Sayer said:

??

I mean, your wife won't mind too much, but her new love interest will. If you are dead, she's available... you know...

• Like 2

I don't think so.  I have a feeling that hanging around would be boring compared to what lies ahead :) 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, and then said:

I don't think so.  I have a feeling that hanging around would be boring compared to what lies ahead :) 

But that means we have to assume there is more than just being on this planet. 

If course, there is (maybe) the possibility we could travel. Then again, maybe there's nothing at all. Some would say.

Edited by Sooth Sayer
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sooth Sayer said:

But that means we have to assume there is more than just being on this planet. 

If course, there is (maybe) the possibility we could travel. Then again, maybe there's nothing at all. Some would say.

I believe in an afterlife according to God's word in the Bible.  I realize a lot of people don't believe but that's my particular take on it :) 

• Like 5

I plan on outliving my enemies, and thus far have done a pretty fair job of it... With no enemies to scare spitless what's the point?

Though I think I could enjoy just haunting people in general - at least for a while...

• Like 8

It does sound fun, but I hope I don't get stuck here. 

If I did get stuck here, I can see how that might pass the time, though. 

• Like 7

Im not a vindictive person ..not in a long shot. But if haunting was an option and i had nothing better to do..Id probably haunt the Vancouver Canucks for all the hype and let downs over the yrs!! the whole team.Games ,practices and exhibition games.Then in there homes.

They entered the NHL in 1970.....still no Stanley Cup!!.:td:

Edited by khol
  • Like 3

I have already picked out people to haunt. I might possibly add some more people to that list before the end comes. Why I want to do it? Because I hate them and because I can. I will enjoy it a lot more than they will. They can call exorcists if they want. I promise that they will run screaming like little girls with their crucifixes rammed up where the sun does not shine. Oh what joy it will be. Actually I will enjoy it a lot more that this existance.

Back in my school days there was a girl in our class who told a few of us that she would come back and haunt us, we didn't believe her as she has a reputation of being a bit weird, but still the thought of her haunting me bothered me a little at the time.

I wouldn't like to be haunted by anyone as such. I don't want to see any ghostly figures of lost family although a small sign of some kind from any of them would be nice, something not spooky but more subtle in nature that would leave me in no doubt of who it came from, I could live with that. We took four wreaths to the cemetery yesterday, it doesn't get any easier.

Would I haunt anyone? - simple answer - no. But perhaps when I'm gone I might think differently.

• Like 5

Iv'e always said that if it really is a case of going anywhere you want and whatnot, then i'd have a wander round places like the pentagon and area-51 just for the hell of it to see whats up. 

• Like 1

I would like to think that were the after life to allow me the chance to haunt, that it may also offer some other entertainments of greater appeal.

But if its haunt or nought - I know some that will sleep less well, unless they mend their ways.

Those that profess one thing but do another are deserving of a nights haunting.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Taun said:

I plan on outliving my enemies, and thus far have done a pretty fair job of it...

Keep making enemies.  You could live forever!

• Like 4