Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you haunt others in your after life?

Sooth Sayer

On 12/22/2017 at 9:26 AM, Woodwose said:

Iv'e always said that if it really is a case of going anywhere you want and whatnot, then i'd have a wander round places like the pentagon and area-51 just for the hell of it to see whats up. 

That would be cool. To get into places off limits otherwise. 

• Like 2

I'd come back and haunt papageorge1 just for being right. 

• Like 5

I might want to stick around for a little while if I could, if I could travel where I wanted to to stop and see some folks one last time before going off to whatever.

But from a ghost point of view, no, not really. If you think about it, being a ghost sucks. Typically trapped in some way rather than being a willing fun times spook you can come and go from whenever you want. Haunting the living is apparently very difficult to nigh impossible, and that has got to be a terribly frustrating existence.

• Like 2

My Aunt was very good friends with another neighborhood wife who had a very loving marriage with her husband. The husband had some terminal disease. The wife was tramatized by the inevitable. She and her husband talked about it. The husband promised never to leave her. She asked how will she know, The husband instructed her to look for tooth picks. 

After his death, surprisingly - even to her, she would occasionally find a toothpick somewhere where she was absolutely positive that there was not a toothpick there before.

...just something to think about.

• Like 5

Too bloody right I would I be back asap to haunt my ex wife and my ex best mate and give them as much grief as they did me they wouldn't get a moments piece ..... I think I may bare a little grudge somewhere on the other hand I could come back and help my beautiful now wife in her work

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Too bloody right I would I be back asap to haunt my ex wife and my ex best mate and give them as much grief as they did me they wouldn't get a moments piece ..... I think I may bare a little grudge somewhere on the other hand I could come back and help my beautiful now wife in her work

A revenge haunting.:lol:

That's a different take on hauntings. You can get back at em with no repercussions at all. It's almost a win win cept for the part where you have to be dead. Then it becomes a toss up. 

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, Sooth Sayer said:

So my question to UM members is, would you also try and let people know about your presence from the after life? 

Kinda, but I'd only choose the folks I know would be hilarious when they were all freaked out.  

• Like 7

I'm definitely haunting my soulmate if I die before he does, and if you take our health into consideration... I probably will.

• Like 1

No, I wouldn't haunt anyone. I can think of far more interesting things to do in an afterlife than behave like an idiot.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

I’ve told my family that if I’m ever in a nursing home and they don’t get someone in to pluck my eyebrows and chin hairs and  I die with a unibrow and a beard I will come back and haunt them. 

• Like 6

On 12/21/2017 at 10:22 PM, khol said:

Im not a vindictive person ..not in a long shot. But if haunting was an option and i had nothing better to do..Id probably haunt the Vancouver Canucks for all the hype and let downs over the yrs!! the whole team.Games ,practices and exhibition games.Then in there homes.

They entered the NHL in 1970.....still no Stanley Cup!!.:td:

I'm a Blues fan, so I can relate.  

I would haunt many people.  

• Like 4

On 12/27/2017 at 0:25 PM, Hammerclaw said:

No, I wouldn't haunt anyone. I can think of far more interesting things to do in an afterlife than behave like an idiot.

Isn't that kind of assuming you'd have any choices? 

What if literally, you couldn't really do much cept make noises or move the occasional object? 

Or is there a work program after dying? That would suck worse....you'd be trapped at an after life job with no chance of calling in sick or dying a second time. :blink:

• Like 3

On 12/27/2017 at 4:26 PM, SecretSanta said:

I’ve told my family that if I’m ever in a nursing home and they don’t get someone in to pluck my eyebrows and chin hairs and  I die with a unibrow and a beard I will come back and haunt them. 

:lol:

• Like 2

I don’t go around and see all the stuff I never did in life. :) 

On 12/27/2017 at 0:25 PM, Hammerclaw said:

I'd be out there exploring the cosmos myself. 

• Like 1

Nah...if there were an after  life  i would keep myself busy meeting my ancestors and wait till the loved ones i left behind come to join me. 

Life is short....but quite frankly i do not want to live for ever, so the thought of being in another life is not a comfort for me.

My comfort is my loved ones do not forget me when i go, like i have not forgotten the ones who have already gone before me.

One life is enough, make the most of it and pass your knowledge and wisdom to the next generation when you are still alive.

• Like 1

I guess it would all depend on what the "rules" are. 

Suppose I can't go off and explore the universe, and I'm just stuck in the place I died in? 

I'd get bored. 

And what if I couldn't stand the people who moved in? 

I can see how I might get irritated and start messing with them just to pass the time. 

• Like 1

I would hope I was only interested in positivity at that point, or I didn't learn well in this life.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I would hope I was only interested in positivity at that point, or I didn't learn well in this life.

I don't think haunting someone HAS to be negative.   I guess that is how it is usually thought of. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't think haunting someone HAS to be negative.   I guess that is how it is usually thought of. 

Good point. I watch too many ghost shows with negative entities. I'm might feel a reason to haunt for positive reasons, or my wisdom might be to just let them experience what they need to go through to learn the hard way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Good point. I watch too many ghost shows with negative entities. I'm might feel a reason to haunt for positive reasons, or my wisdom might be to just let them experience what they need to go through to learn the hard way.

I think, if I could, I would try to warn someone if i thought they were making a huge mistake.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think, if I could, I would try to warn someone if i thought they were making a huge mistake.

Huh, and then they will have the UM skeptics telling them it’s all imagination.

But seriously, your intentions sound noble but from a higher spiritual perspective you may see how going through the results of a big mistake might actually  be beneficial in the long run even beyond the current life. 

13 hours ago, Anonymous12321 said:

I would probably go see what kind of lifemy worst enemy lived up to.

see, then I'd just be haunting myself

• Like 2