Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most cherished Christmas anthem

Still Waters

Once, before downloads and before TV talent shows cynically timed to finish in mid-December, being the Christmas Number One really mattered.

Tens of thousands of vinyl singles were bought in the week before Christmas and the battle to be Number One on the big day took in all strata of society.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-the-most-cherished-christmas-anthem-of-them-all-11180467

• Like 1

I always thought Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" was not only the top Christmas single of all time, but also the top single of any type all time.. perhaps that's only in the US...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Taun said:

I always thought Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" was not only the top Christmas single of all time, but also the top single of any type all time.. perhaps that's only in the US...

It's certainly famous and you're probably right. The article is very much UK orientated and I did consider posting it in the UK & Europe forum but decided it fitted best here under 'music'.

• Like 1

Before I look, is it Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is you"? If it is I may commit physical violence to someone. 

• Like 3

Oh God no, tell me it's not "Well here it is. Merry Christmas everybody"

or even worse, if that's possible, "I wish it could be Christmas everyday, when the kids start singing and the band begins to play-y-ay"? If it is I'm going to shoot myself.

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 3

I'm going to shoot myself then. Goodbye everybody. 

• Like 3