Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Syrian boy shows off his “magnetic” stomach

15 posts in this topic

Still Waters

Every superhero has a moment when their special powers becomes clear. For web-slinging Spider-Man, it was after a radioactive arachnid bite. In Zulfikar Ibrahim’s case, he found out his belly doubled as a magnet during dinner.

Hailing from Syria’s port city of Latakia, the young boy has become something of a mini-celebrity for his seemingly strange ability to stick metal objects to his stomach. His grandparents are hoping his apparent condition can be studied abroad to get to the bottom of his mysterious “magnetism.”

https://www.rt.com/news/413955-syria-magneto-boy-stomach/

Previous thread:

• Like 1

Rlyeh

Or he doesn't wash.

XenoFish

I think the russian guy who used to stick stuff to his head had an issue with excessively oily skin.

Nzo

Magnetize iron pills, take said iron supplement pills over a period of time... Its bound to do something like this I would imagine.

I am not telling anyone to do such a foolhardy thing, Just explaining what could be happening.

Rolci

they somehow forgot to include the video in which the boy is lying belly down on two chairs, one holding his chest the other his legs, his belly hanging mid-air in the middle, they then lifting a safety pin under his stomach close to his body, which then lifts and flies up and sticks to his skin. then they do this slowly with a needle, the tip barely touching his skin, the rest of the needle hanging down vertically. So where is that video then, Magneto boy?

Not Your Huckleberry

I just happened to be watching James Randi vids last night and he replicated it.

https://youtu.be/OTVWMY8EZCA

• Like 1

KibyNykraft4

In this case the family needs money I think. Well cannot blame them.
Whether this is possible due to magnetism otherwise is not answered at all from here.

Krater

Complete nonsense. I suppose if you swallowed a very powerful magnet...

toast
16 hours ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

I just happened to be watching James Randi vids last night and he replicated it.

https://youtu.be/OTVWMY8EZCA

In: Magnet Man

Out: Moron Man

UFOwatcher

Certainly didn't prove anything. Needed close up shots of attaching and removing items. FAKE

eddword

I find this to be very un attractive...magnetically speaking

pallidin
On 12/23/2017 at 9:27 AM, Nzo said:

Magnetize iron pills, take said iron supplement pills over a period of time... Its bound to do something like this I would imagine.

Uh, no. It just doesn't work that way after digestion.

DirtyDocMartens

I think I could replicate it by eating a melting popcicle with my shirt off.

pallidin

Flatware sticking?

Yeah, just rub a light, virtually unnoticeable coating of honey on the flatware (or persons body)

pallidin

Oh yeah, not to mention that a common compass or "phone-app gauss meter" would help establish the truth.