Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is death the end or a new beginning?

Spiratia

I believe that physical life is a school in which we are all both teacher and student. I see it like a ladder I am on, one hand up to the person ahead of me, and one behind to help someone coming up behind me.  Life, like a school, begins a the simple level, and in this I mean, the intelligence of a child cannot be compared to a college graduate. We are all on the same path, and we all begin our spiritual evolution and progress. With every encounter we have we create a relationship, life is not about getting rich, or being poor, it is about motive. It's not what we do, but why we do it. A rich man who gives lots to a charity so he can get a plaque for doing so, has a lower motive than a poorer person, who gives because they want to share and help and seek no reward for doing it. In this comparison, the poor person has the highest motive and greater progression forward. So, my point is, we are born and we live and we die, but how we do those things, and why we do the things we do, is what develops us physically, mentally and spiritually. So, I see life as a school and death, merely graduation to the higher source that sent us to physical life. Each time we return to the source, we review what we learned (like school term tests) and decide where we still need study...and we go back or not...the choice is our soul to make. I've said enough. Would welcome any comments.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Spiratia said:

Would welcome any comments.

Hi, nice to meet you. We are on the same school of thought spiritually. I spent a lot of time on religion, the paranormal and spirituality to arrive at the views you have.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Spiratia said:

Would welcome any comments.

What if this is it and there is nothing after? What would that actually mean to you if this was true? As it stands no one on this planet know definitively what happens after our bodies cease to function. All we have stories and speculations.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Spiratia said:

I believe that physical life is a school in which we are all both teacher and student. I see it like a ladder I am on, one hand up to the person ahead of me, and one behind to help someone coming up behind me.  Life, like a school, begins a the simple level, and in this I mean, the intelligence of a child cannot be compared to a college graduate. We are all on the same path, and we all begin our spiritual evolution and progress. With every encounter we have we create a relationship, life is not about getting rich, or being poor, it is about motive. It's not what we do, but why we do it. A rich man who gives lots to a charity so he can get a plaque for doing so, has a lower motive than a poorer person, who gives because they want to share and help and seek no reward for doing it. In this comparison, the poor person has the highest motive and greater progression forward. So, my point is, we are born and we live and we die, but how we do those things, and why we do the things we do, is what develops us physically, mentally and spiritually. So, I see life as a school and death, merely graduation to the higher source that sent us to physical life. Each time we return to the source, we review what we learned (like school term tests) and decide where we still need study...and we go back or not...the choice is our soul to make. I've said enough. Would welcome any comments.

I agree and I kind of had Deja Vu reading what you said! Great points!:tu:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What if this is it and there is nothing after? What would that actually mean to you if this was true? As it stands no one on this planet know definitively what happens after our bodies cease to function. All we have stories and speculations.

If this is our only life then and there is nothing after then yes all this would be meaningless. But research in these fields continue to show that the energy that drives the body continues on after the body is deceased. Some may call it the soul or spirit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Truthseeker007 said:

If this is our only life then and there is nothing after then yes all this would be meaningless. But research in these fields continue to show that the energy that drives the body continues on after the body is deceased. Some may call it the soul or spirit.

Citations are required.

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

Citations are required.

Nice to see you again Xeno.lol! What do you mean by citations are required?

• Like 2

First we need to look at consciousness. Because it's just leaves in the wind to go any further before understanding this first. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Citations are required.

I agree as it's been proven by the researchers at CERN. So if ghosts are pure energy then they quickly dissipate and we know that our energy can't transfer onto any medium however when you look at both theoretical physics and quantum consciousness, ghosts are not energy, more to say that our consciousness or consciousness itself doesn't have the same relationship with out universe as so typically is assumed or logically perceived as.

10 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

First we need to look at consciousness. Because it's just leaves in the wind to go any further before understanding this first. 

So, there is abundance of places or other universes where our soul could migrate after death, according to the theory of neo-biocentrism.

• But does the soul exist?

• Is there any scientific theory of consciousness that could accommodate such a claim?

According to Dr. Stuart Hameroff, a near-death experience happens when the quantum information that inhabits the nervous system leaves the body and dissipates into the universe.

Contrary to materialistic accounts of consciousness, Dr. Hameroff offers an alternative explanation of consciousness that can perhaps appeal to both the rational scientific mind and personal intuitions.

Consciousness resides, according to Stuart and British physicist Sir Roger Penrose, in the microtubules of the brain cells, which are the primary sites of quantum processing. Upon death, this information is released from your body, meaning that your consciousness goes with it.

They have argued that our experience of consciousness is the result of quantum gravity effects in these microtubules, a theory which they dubbed orchestrated objective reduction (Orch-OR).

Consciousness, or at least proto-consciousness is theorized by them to be a fundamental property of the universe, present even at the first moment of the universe during the Big Bang.

"In one such scheme proto-conscious experience is a basic property of physical reality accessible to a quantum process associated with brain activity."

Our souls are in fact constructed from the very fabric of the universe - and may have existed since the beginning of time.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_consciousscience02.htm

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

I agree as it's been proven by the researchers at CERN. So if ghosts are pure energy then they quickly dissipate and we know that our energy can't transfer onto any medium however when you look at both theoretical physics and quantum consciousness, ghosts are not energy, more to say that our consciousness or consciousness itself doesn't have the same relationship with out universe as so typically is assumed or logically perceived as.

I think that ghosts could be a number of things. All ghosts are probably not the same form and come from a different source depending on circumstances.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spiratia said:

I couldn't agree more!

Life is a spiritual progression, and it continues in the afterlife. I believe that some are reincarnated, but others don't need to be.

We split off from what some people call "God", and then return there, having experienced what we needed to learn from.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spiratia said:

Wow I really like how u embodied the way u look at this I like ur theory alot ...I have always believed in reincarnation though there are quite different theories on the topic...just my belief that all in life is a 360...beginning n end and start again 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I think that ghosts could be a number of things. All ghosts are probably not the same form and come from a different source depending on circumstances.

Theoretically speaking, I would view ghosts in similarity to light. Light is made of photons, photons can act as a particle or wave, photons *theoretically* are waves bouncing along the edge of the 5th dimension. So light is a manifestation or fruit in our universe. Ghosts could be manifestations of consciousness, making use of energy to do so but not comprised of it.

However to say ghosts could be a number of things is about as vague speculation as it can get. It's all conjecture of course but parascience cannot evolve using speculations of vague probably's and things. Rather is must involve itself into science and theoretical science in order to form proper foundations. There are only a few theoretical theories such as ORCH OR or string theory that even leave anything else on the table. A lot of our modern science now depicted as facts exist only thanks to theoretical models. Parascience on it's own isn't going anywhere by using fancy detectors in creepy locations.

52 minutes ago, acute said:

I couldn't agree more!

Life is a spiritual progression, and it continues in the afterlife. I believe that some are reincarnated, but others don't need to be.

We split off from what some people call "God", and then return there, having experienced what we needed to learn from.

A very off the cuff and vague way to look at things. That's like saying there's a city of gold and while the environment may exist, the gold may not but either way, it's still not the same. All of us get to find out whether we want to or not. If an afterlife exists, whatever it's comprised of, some of us are not too keen on the idea of existing forever. Everything gets old after so long.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NightScreams said:

Theoretically speaking, I would view ghosts in similarity to light. Light is made of photons, photons can act as a particle or wave, photons *theoretically* are waves bouncing along the edge of the 5th dimension. So light is a manifestation or fruit in our universe. Ghosts could be manifestations of consciousness, making use of energy to do so but not comprised of it.

However to say ghosts could be a number of things is about as vague speculation as it can get. It's all conjecture of course but parascience cannot evolve using speculations of vague probably's and things. Rather is must involve itself into science and theoretical science in order to form proper foundations. There are only a few theoretical theories such as ORCH OR or string theory that even leave anything else on the table. A lot of our modern science now depicted as facts exist only thanks to theoretical models. Parascience on it's own isn't going anywhere by using fancy detectors in creepy locations.

A very off the cuff and vague way to look at things. That's like saying there's a city of gold and while the environment may exist, the gold may not but either way, it's still not the same. All of us get to find out whether we want to or not. If an afterlife exists, whatever it's comprised of, some of us are not too keen on the idea of existing forever. Everything gets old after so long.

I do not agree with the idea that everything gets old after so long. Matter, does not ever disappear, though it may change form, but cannot be destroyed. The same is true I believe with the spirit or soul, whatever you choose to call it. I believe the soul goes through many changes (or lives if you prefer) but it never dies.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Hi, nice to meet you. We are on the same school of thought spiritually. I spent a lot of time on religion, the paranormal and spirituality to arrive at the views you have.

Religion is the way our ancestors were able to put these feelings and beliefs into a context for understanding. Like life progression, religion has also progressed. I believe there is a "source" call it God or whatever suits your belief system, but it is all the same, and ever progressing our own souls toward growth. I also feel we can regress, by choices we make or don't make, and to me reincarnation is not ever just a forward time...but timeless in itself. What I mean is, if part of your progression requires it, you might reincarnate into what we would consider the past...because in the ALL time is irrelevant. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, XenoFish said:

interesting idea, and if you believe that, you will have to take a lot of classes in soul progression over again...lol   Then again, maybe when your time comes, you can answer that question from wherever you end up. But the idea is a good one in the sense that it makes us think! I've had too many powerful psychic experiences with people both alive and in spirit and powerful situations that lead me to believe there is more than just be born, live and die. I suppose you can call that faith, and either you have it or you don't. But if what you do have is a desire to know...keep seeking it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spiratia said:

interesting idea, and if you believe that, you will have to take a lot of classes in soul progression over again...lol   Then again, maybe when your time comes, you can answer that question from wherever you end up. But the idea is a good one in the sense that it makes us think! I've had too many powerful psychic experiences with people both alive and in spirit and powerful situations that lead me to believe there is more than just be born, live and die. I suppose you can call that faith, and either you have it or you don't. But if what you do have is a desire to know...keep seeking it.

That's some nice comforting thoughts for you, but due to personal experience I disbelieve in the after life. 

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's some nice comforting thoughts for you, but due to personal experience I disbelieve in the after life. 

and you have every right to that opinion. However, I believe in a spiritual cycle. I had an OBE once in which I was floating above the earth. I was surrounded by what I remember as a kaleidoscope of colored lights...and they were "thinking" to me. The thoughts formed into words (like a translation) and I got the words, All is One, One is love, Love is God and God is All.....and you can just start it over and over like an endless circle that starts with the All and never ends...which I believe showed (to me) the meaning of life. Whether you believe in an after life or not does not make it untrue.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Spiratia said:

and you have every right to that opinion. However, I believe in a spiritual cycle. I had an OBE once in which I was floating above the earth. I was surrounded by what I remember as a kaleidoscope of colored lights...and they were "thinking" to me. The thoughts formed into words (like a translation) and I got the words, All is One, One is love, Love is God and God is All.....and you can just start it over and over like an endless circle that starts with the All and never ends...which I believe showed (to me) the meaning of life. Whether you believe in an after life or not does not make it untrue.

If you can start an infinite cycle of living then life itself is meaningless. 

36 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you can start an infinite cycle of living then life itself is meaningless. 

No, life is not meaningless, it is progressive and there is no end to that...just the point at which you exist during your progression continues to develop and become and that is infinite and ever creating itself...how can that be meaningless? That's like saying there is no point to being a crawling baby if your only goal is to become a toddler. There is much much more left to live, to experience and become. To say that life is meaningless implies you feel physical life is all that ever mattered? It's just one part of the whole of infinity itself.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Spiratia said:

No, life is not meaningless, it is progressive and there is no end to that...just the point at which you exist during your progression continues to develop and become and that is infinite and ever creating itself...how can that be meaningless? That's like saying there is no point to being a crawling baby if your only goal is to become a toddler. There is much much more left to live, to experience and become. To say that life is meaningless implies you feel physical life is all that ever mattered? It's just one part of the whole of infinity itself.

With an infinite "lifespan" eventually nothing will matter. Because there would be no point to doing anything. No consequences to any actions anyone takes. If you get a reset and infinite chances. Nothing we do matter in the least. Life is meaningless, it is devoid of meaning and purpose, we live we die, nothing more or less. Nothing last forever. Eventual entropy wins. Everything that made you who you are once your body fails is gone, any OBE or NDE is just the last firing of the synapses of the brain before it dies as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

With an infinite "lifespan" eventually nothing will matter. Because there would be no point to doing anything. No consequences to any actions anyone takes. If you get a reset and infinite chances. Nothing we do matter in the least. Life is meaningless, it is devoid of meaning and purpose, we live we die, nothing more or less. Nothing last forever. Eventual entropy wins. Everything that made you who you are once your body fails is gone, any OBE or NDE is just the last firing of the synapses of the brain before it dies as well. 

oh ye of little faith...if this is your true belief, you still have much to develop within your soul.  Why does infinity mean you need to be as you are now? Your idea also implies that God has died because God suffered entrophy? Not even God lasts forever in your opinion? Or...in your opinion, Does God not exist at all? Since you say you do not believe in life after death...you imply...God does not exist. Citation needed!

• Like 2

Just now, Spiratia said:

oh ye of little faith...if this is your true belief, you still have much to develop within your soul.  Why does infinity mean you need to be as you are now? Your idea also implies that God has died because God suffered entrophy? Not even God lasts forever in your opinion? Or...in your opinion, Does God not exist at all? Since you say you do not believe in life after death...you imply...God does not exist. Citation needed!

God is a lie. It's an excuse to say "I don't know and I don't want to know". 

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

God is a lie. It's an excuse to say "I don't know and I don't want to know". 

and now we get to the crux of your core belief! And on what "proof" do you claim God is a lie?  Can you prove this one way or another? You use this argument on all that I have said...can you prove any of what I have said to be untrue? You think scientists who come up with their own theories are any less in the dark than the rest of us? They can't prove it for sure either. So, what proof do you have other than your own decision to disbelieve? We all make choices to believe or not to believe and the idiom seeing is believing...holds true  "blessed are those who have seen and have believed, more blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." I take it faith is not a part of your core beliefs either and that is okay. It makes for great debate.

• Like 4