Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Application of Faith

XenoFish

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, Stubbly_Dooright said:

That was a damn cool movie, I feel, and boy did I fall in love with Rutger Hauer in that one. :blush: 

As did I the lovely and elegant Michelle Pfeiffer. It's one of the most charming fantasy movies ever made. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

:blush:  Awwww, shucks. By the way, the situation that took me from here, has been on the way of being rectified. Probably, also a bit of a blessing in disguise. Since you know more, Sheri, you probably know what I'm talking about. ;) 

You know, I think I feel that's how you have been able to heal and resolve your childhood, and be the awesome and selfless person you are now. Knowing it's there and it's something that will always have some form of an effect on you. I feel that way about me, and certain things with me and my past and childhood. I cannot say my childhood matches yours, and I feel a bit guilty in some sense to that. (Though, I think certain relatives of yours, who have stepped in and raised you, seem to have that positive effect on you, like I see my folks and siblings on me. ) 

Things I grew up to in my area, seem to have an effect negatively, but I also see it as something that helped me be independent of them and though I would still blame them for their failures, I feel it's more of a failure for me not to help myself. I think the honesty of reality, helps us overcome in our own little ways. So that blame I lay on others, it's just a simple way of keeping them accountable of their actions, but not depending on them to help. I help myself. I think that's the best gift one can give themselves. :)  :yes:  I also don't want to lie to myself. I think that would screw me up. In fact, it has in the past. :o  

That's another thing. Even with bad memories and experiences, they end up helping us in the end, right? How can one learn if they don't have situations to learn from? I tend to be thankful for that. :yes:  If anything, to still be honest of any situations that have occurred to you and have experiences, one way of looking at it is see one's self as .... worldly, right? ;)  :D  

And thank you, for you words. :blush:  :)  You're a gem, always a gem. :yes:  

Some people prefer lives that are predicatable, simple, consistent, not a whole lot rocking the boat. 

This is not for me, as I am sure you can appreciate this having lived so many places.

I have the kind of curiousity that loves a challenge, my path is for one who thinks this is the only life I have and I live it to the fullest, my objective is quality of this life and character. You are right, challenges forge and polish us, they are not always easy though.

I am so glad you are back!

• Like 2

On 12/29/2017 at 6:25 PM, Sherapy said:

Some people prefer lives that are predicatable, simple, consistent, not a whole lot rocking the boat. 

This is not for me, as I am sure you can appreciate this having lived so many places.

I have found, the beauty in living in varying places though out my life, is is showed me things, before I do them. Granted, it's not as awesome of a learning tool, is living it, but it does give me the appreciation how one can view life in a different, and helpful way. Yes, some people do wish for the predicatability in life, ( I think I'm one of them sometimes :o ) but also, life can teach better with the lack of knowing what happens, and the the surprise of it too. I think it's more honest, as well. 

I have the kind of curiousity that loves a challenge, my path is for one who thinks this is the only life I have and I live it to the fullest, my objective is quality of this life and character. You are right, challenges forge and polish us, they are not always easy though.

Well, I think anyways, one can only deal with easy, if it was. I wonder, who has the most to gain, when it's hard. 

I am so glad you are back!

Awww, :blush:  

Though, I am not posting and viewing like before, but give me time...................  ;)  

• Like 2