Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump: $7 trillion ‘foolishly spent’ in ME

Unusual Tournament

Trump says $7 trillion ‘foolishly spent’ in Middle East

Donald Trump tweeted that the US “foolishly spent” $7 trillion in the Middle East, urging for money to be invested in rebuilding his own country.

Trump’s Twitter statement published on Friday initially focused on economic issues, but eventually took aim at the US policy in the Middle East. “At some point, and for the good of the country, I predict we will start working with the Democrats in a Bipartisan fashion.”

“Infrastructure would be a perfect place to start,” the tycoon-turned-president tweeted, adding: “After having foolishly spent $7 trillion in the Middle East, it is time to start rebuilding our country!"

https://www.rt.com/usa/414059-us-funding-mideast-trump/

• Like 2

First time the guy actually made sense!

• Like 1

Not sure about the number,but sounds close enough...

I would 100% agree!

He does realize that Israel is in the Middle East too, doesn't he?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

He does realize that Israel is in the Middle East too, doesn't he?

One can't be 100% sure,but i'd bet good money Gary Johnson probably doesn't :lol:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aearluin said:

First time the guy actually made sense!

Pffft...everything the guy says makes sense....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

“Infrastructure would be a perfect place to start,” the tycoon-turned-president tweeted, adding: “After having foolishly spent $7 trillion in the Middle East, it is time to start rebuilding our country!"

Imagine how much infrastructure we could upgrade if we also quit wasting our money on the UN, we could even build the infrastructural between the USA and Mexica.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joc said:

Pffft...everything the guy says makes sense....

...except the things he says that don't make sense, because 'FAKE NEWS'.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

Well, he didn't seem to care when dropping that Big Mother Bomb in the afghan desert.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

...except the things he says that don't make sense, because 'FAKE NEWS'.

The thing that doesn't make any sense IS the fake news!

• Like 2

#NoSh*tShirlock 

Edited by Area201
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Glockornothing said:

Imagine how much infrastructure we could upgrade if we also quit wasting our money on the UN, we could even build the infrastructural between the USA and Mexica.

don't really know what you mean by building infrastructure between Mexico and the U.S. but 7 trillion is certainly serious money. i'd imagine Trump could have done quite a bit. to be fair to Bush and Obama, 9/11 needed some response. do you think that Trump would have penny pinched if he was in Bush's position 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

don't really know what you mean by building infrastructure between Mexico and the U.S. but 7 trillion is certainly serious money. i'd imagine Trump could have done quite a bit. to be fair to Bush and Obama, 9/11 needed some response. do you think that Trump would have penny pinched if he was in Bush's position 

A wall.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Donald Trump tweeted that the US “foolishly spent” $7 trillion in the Middle East, urging for money to be invested in rebuilding his own country.

Trump’s Twitter statement published on Friday initially focused on economic issues, but eventually took aim at the US policy in the Middle East. “At some point, and for the good of the country, I predict we will start working with the Democrats in a Bipartisan fashion.”

I think we should pull out of all the countries we are in. So I have to agree with the hair on this one.

• Like 1

That money was not thrown away. Not only was it helping the USA ( especially in last three decades or so ) but the aid money ( mostly humanitarian but there are other aspects of it too ) is one part of strategy in foreign relations and it is an important part for America.

To say that trillions of dollars which USA has 'foolishly spent' across the world over decades were a mistake seems as an insult for decades of work which those before Trump's administration have done. Since he loves Israel so much he should not undermine American help which made that country as one of the best in the world for ordinary people to live in and that costed tax payers a lot of money. Foolish? If Mr.Trump says so...

I've watched report on MSNBC in which this was addressed and they've made some good points. 

One of those points is that Trump's administration has actually managed to damage USA's image in the world by blackmailing countries over non binding resolution. It was pretty embarrassing situation which could have been avoided but... Trump then blames the decades long strategy and by doing so he avoids to show responsibility for debacle which has happened in the UN.

More generally - this could have bad impact on USA public image across the world and right now Trump's administration can't be sure of the outcome of any future vote about other issues. This was not the case before and if he wan't to stay true to his 'America first!' claim than he must not disregard American global influence and relationships.

Two Russian pranksters ( people who managed to get in touch with Sir Elton John and prank him, as result from that telephone call Russian government organized the real phone call between Mr. Putin and Sir Elton John, to 'repair' the damage done ) managed to get into phone call with Nikki Haley. The man behind the phone said that he is Polish minister and, among other things, he pointed out how there is 'Binomo' as independent state proclaimed in the South China Sea ( in disputed area ).

Reply from Haley was funny and that prank reflects the reality of this administration and, bmo, it ain't good for America and it is not good for the rest of the world either.

Prank call video :

Is it legit? I do not know but knowing history of this prankster couple it might be authentic.

• Like 1

On Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM, TruthSeeker_ said:

Well, he didn't seem to care when dropping that Big Mother Bomb in the afghan desert.

afghanistan is in Asia 

17 hours ago, kartikg said:

afghanistan is in Asia 

It's all connected, bro. The truth is that Trump continues pretty much the same interventionist policies as his predecessors, in the Middle East and surrounding countries.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

It's all connected, bro. The truth is that Trump continues pretty much the same interventionist policies as his predecessors, in the Middle East and surrounding countries.

It's true...he is intervening in ISIS...he is intervening in MS-13...intervening in Israel and...oh wait,

...my bad...

Just now noticed you said..the SAME interventionist policies.  .....meh, not so much...

Interventionist policy BT (before Trump):   Talk Big, Talk Strong...apologize, apologize, apologize

Interventionist policy DT (during Trump)   Talk Big, back it up with force...double down, repeat!

12 hours ago, joc said:

Interventionist policy DT (during Trump)   Talk Big, back it up with force...double down, repeat!

And foolishly spending money.

12 hours ago, joc said:

What has he done more than his predecessors? We know ISIS was already on the decline when Trump entered office, thanks to Russia's intervention and Obama's careful approach not to commit massive ground troops but instead using the local forces. We know that North Korea is still developping nuke. We know that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has the potential to get worst, thanks to Trump's foolish decision. So exactly, what is better?

Edited by TruthSeeker_

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:08 PM, CrimsonKing said:

One can't be 100% sure,but i'd bet good money Gary Johnson probably doesn't :lol:

Depends on the strain of the day :D

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:28 PM, Captain Risky said:

What an ***hat.

Dude gives a massive tax cuts for corporations, signs a massive NDAA , has spent a full third of his presidency at his private residences which burned through the secret service budget , has made so many impetuous and just bad decisions that itll take years to total the court fees he has cost this nation and he has the gall to b**** about money being foolishly spent? And people actually take him seriously? 

• Like 3

On 12/25/2017 at 6:07 AM, kartikg said:

afghanistan is in Asia 

Considering that a sizeable chunk of that $7 trillion was spent in Afghanistan, I am thinking the president wanted to include it as well.

• Like 1

On 27/12/2017 at 5:41 AM, Farmer77 said:

What an ***hat.

Dude gives a massive tax cuts for corporations, signs a massive NDAA , has spent a full third of his presidency at his private residences which burned through the secret service budget , has made so many impetuous and just bad decisions that itll take years to total the court fees he has cost this nation and he has the gall to b**** about money being foolishly spent? And people actually take him seriously? 

Well - we finally agree on something!

The guy is a total windbag. I am staggered that people cannot see through his BS. He lied and bought his way to the most powerful job in the world to prove that he could do it, and now he's there is reducing his own tax rate and using daft right wing policies to prop up his position. You think he gives a s*** about climate change, poverty or foreign policy? He's going the whole "American first" route and withdrawing from climate deals because he can't be bothered to engage with them. He wants to make being the president as simple as possible, and come out of it as rich as he can on the other end. People will sill be sleep on Skid Row when he leaves the presidency, and American industry will not be any better off either.

• Like 2

On 12/25/2017 at 11:29 AM, Sir Smoke aLot said:

One of those points is that Trump's administration has actually managed to damage USA's image in the world by blackmailing countries over non binding resolution.....

I'm not so sure. I think a lot of people admired him for it. Lets not forget that something like this has happened before, without the sky falling in. The US cancelled aid to Yemen back in the late 1990's following their adverse SC vote. And the idea of linking aid to SC/GA votes goes back WAY before Donald Trump entered the scene. 

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/nations-benefit-most-us-foreign-aid-often-oppose-us-positions-un

You may dislike the idea, but it is not unique to Trump :) 

As for the $7 Trillion... I think he is WAY off the mark there. Especially when you consider that the biggest recipient - Israel - doesn't actually GET much the 'cash', but instead gets credits to purchase US military equipment. So part of the 'aid' is actually a US-Taxpayer subsidy to the likes of McDonald Douglas and Northrop. :) 

According to this story, the aid figure across the middle east is around $300 Billion over 60 years.... https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/us-aid-middle-east_n_3779275.html

Of course, he COULD be referring to the cumulative (and future) costs of liberating Kuwaut, invading and occupying Iraq, and Afghanistan. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-war-anniversary/iraq-war-costs-u-s-more-than-2-trillion-study-idUSBRE92D0PG20130314

Edited by RoofGardener