Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Ambassador caught spreading fake news

Phaeton80

..So here we have another striking example of the raging identity / emotion politics powered by another increasingly popular concept / tool; the term 'fake news'.

What youre going to see next will probably (hopefully) blow your mind, although maybe certain people - especially in the US - might have grown accustomed to this level of crazy by way of endured exposure. 

Trump just recently assigned Pete Hoekstra as the new Ambassador to the Netherlands.

A small recap of what went on; in 2015 Pete authoritatively stated (he should know, he was born in the Netherlands!) "Muslims are seeding chaos throughout Europe; burning cars and politicians in the Netherlands, and yes there are no go zones".

Just perfect.
Dutch journalist to new US Ambassador: you said there were 'no go zones' in Netherlands, where are they?
Ambassador: That's fake news, I didn't say that
Journalist: We can show you that clip now.
Ambassador: Err pic.twitter.com/8ohIOzmYAc

— Sunny Hundal (@sunny_hundal) December 22, 2017

A Dutch journalist just asked new U.S. Ambassador Pete Hoekstra why he said there are “no go” areas in the Netherlands, where radical Muslims are setting cars and politicians on fire.

Hoekstra denied it, and called the claim “fake news.”

The report cut to a video clip of Hoekstra at a 2015 conference hosted by the David Horowitz Freedom Center saying: “The Islamic movement has now gotten to a point where they have put Europe into chaos. Chaos in the Netherlands, there are cars being burned, there are politicians that are being burned.”

“And yes, there are no-go zones in the Netherlands,” he added in the clip.

Then things got extremely weird.

When the reporter pressed, Hoekstra denied using the term “fake news,” which he'd uttered moments before.

“I didn’t call that fake news,” he said. “I didn’t use the words today. I don’t think I did.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/12/22/trumps-ambassador-to-the-netherlands-just-got-caught-lying-about-the-dutch/?utm_term=.27f9088b23db

- You blatantly lie about something;

- You subsequently lie about that lie;

- You claim the confrontation is 'fake news';

- You then blatantly lie about using the words 'fake news' in the - very - same - (~5 minute) interview. :D

Heres the clip:

"Uhhmm yeah, 'we' would call that fake news.." *smurking*

Un be lievable this guy.

Scary thing is; there seem to actually be whole droves of people who do not care this is complete and utter BS. As long as it verbalises a reality they 'identify with', outing this nonsense as the fake news it is, is actually (yes, you guessed it..) fake news.

His response after this went viral?

"Please, do accept my apologies. I was born in the Netherlands and love this country. Im looking forward to starting my new job as Ambassador to the Netherlands." What a character, return to sender(?)

• Like 8

There are too much corrupt and dirty old men in key positions on this planet.

• Like 5

Fake News is the go to term in the current administration when presented with anything they don't like.

Its hard ingrained into them. 

No consideration of facts - just claim 'Fake News' - and if your caught out - just claim the catch was fake news.

Really simple to train new members of the administration - save money for tax cuts.

The Interviewers face was a peach at the end.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 3

And man you gotta love the WP's audacity in complaining about anything fake news related. This is a company who just two weeks ago printed a misleading photo of a Trump event hours before it started, to claim no one showed up to it. When the truth shows the place was packed to the limit, and had to turn people away. THATS one of a million reasons they are called fake news.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

We literally have the FBI plotting to take down an elected president, that started before the election. Conspiring with a company with direct ties to the agents involved in the investigation, possibly the biggest scandal in American history, and this is what the Washington Compost finds news worthy? An ambassador who will in no way ever effect anything. Now I ask ya, why should I care?

Let me guess, this stupid insignificant man is a reflection of the entire administration, and we should be demanding impeachment like TODAY. Right?

Look up another great concept / tool in the modern politicians toolbox; 'whataboutism'. Put them all together - (a) blatant deception, (b) 'fake news' and (c) 'whataboutism' - and you have yourself a winning deck every single time (yay!). Especially, especially when dealing with individuals who shrug off this kind of satirical / caricature politics (I mean, were increasingly dealing with Idiocracy 2.0 here, you just could not make this sh* up) with whataboutisms.. if and when 'their side' is the sender

53 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

And man you gotta love the WP's audacity in complaining about anything fake news related. This is a company who just two weeks ago printed a misleading photo of a Trump event hours before it started, to claim no one showed up to it. When the truth shows the place was packed to the limit, and had to turn people away. THATS one of a million reasons they are called fake news.

And this ofcourse rationalises marginalizing the fact an US Ambassador was caught lying about explicitly disseminating extremely deceitful, tendentious and inflammatory statements further inciting the social angst & already volatile / hateful dispostion against Muslims in the Occident.

"It doesnt matter if the tweeted vdo is a grave misrepresentation of reality, the underlying threat is real", right? Come on.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

burning cars and politicians in the Netherlands

That's disgraceful and appalling. It'll send people's car insurance through the roof. :angry: 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Look up another great concept / tool in the modern politicians toolbox; 'whataboutism'. Put them all together - (a) blatant deception, (b) 'fake news' and (c) 'whataboutism' - and you have yourself a winning deck every single time (yay!). Especially, especially when dealing with individuals who shrug off this kind of satirical / caricature politics (I mean, were increasingly dealing with Idiocracy 2.0 here, you just could not make this sh* up) with whataboutisms.. if and when 'their side' is the sender

And this ofcourse rationalises marginalizing the fact an US Ambassador was caught lying about explicitly disseminating extremely deceitful, tendentious and inflammatory statements further inciting the social angst & already volatile / hateful dispostion against Muslims in the Occident.

"It doesnt matter if the tweeted vdo is a grave misrepresentation of reality, the underlying threat is real", right? Come on.

Right. So I should listen to known liars, about someone who lied? And old man no less who is probably becoming senile. The guy literally couldn't remember what he had JUST said.  

Besides regardless of people's insistence to close their eyes on the subject, the threat IS real. VERY real. Keep silencing abused women and such though, the narrative is more important.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

And old man no less who is probably becoming senile. The guy literally couldn't remember what he had JUST said.  

:lol: So they picked him as a ambassador! 

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

So I should listen to known liars, about someone who lied?

Hmmmm

• Like 3

Piney on preacherman

And old man no less who is probably becoming senile. The guy literally couldn't remember what he had JUST said.

:lol:  So they picked him as a ambassador!

Sounds like a bona fide qualification for the job :) .

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Right. So I should listen to known liars, about someone who lied? And old man no less who is probably becoming senile. The guy literally couldn't remember what he had JUST said.  

Besides regardless of people's insistence to close their eyes on the subject, the threat IS real. VERY real. Keep silencing abused women and such though, the narrative is more important.

Seems to me youre doing a great job at that already, given Trump - our 'anti fake news champion' - is a known (mass)liar, one of the most prominent disseminators of fake news in the present political landscape.
And besides the fact you accept and even applaud deception based on a perceived existential threat; regardless of people's insistence to close their eyes on the subject, the threat is excessively hyped, excessively politically motivated. If youre so very concerned about Islamic extremism, you should read up on the subject, the details, facts.

Fact is, if the US set out to foment / invoke the most conducive environment for religious extremism to flourish in the region, it wouldnt have gone about it in a significantly different manner than it has the last 1,5 decade or so.
Fact is, if the US was so hellbent on destroying ISIS and/or its ideology, its new POTUS would not re envigorate its already closest political ties to Saudi Arabia, House of Saud, the very ideological and financial heimat of Wahhabism (and please dont claim Wahhabi Ikhwan and House of Saud have nothing to do with eachother, because they certainly do).

So, first the US directly and indirectly creates utter chaos by removing a whole sequence of ME heads of state.. mass firing Ba'ath offiicials sending them into the arms of ISIS/AQ, placing pro Shia governors inciting the Sunni population with thesame effect, arming and funding socalled 'moderate rebels' ISIS affiliated groups.. Generally abusing the population of all the 'failed states' under the guise of Samaritanism by way of depleted uranium ammunition, mass bombings and drone strikes without international or Senate approval (which all constitute warcrimes, crimes against humanity) .. A refugee flow is created because of that chaos and destruction.. and what does the newfound saviour of the USA, and the US population respond? "Lets build a wall, lets stop any refugee or migrant from getting in, and lets search out and evict any that have already entered.

Why, would one ask? Because the lionpart of the US population at large is dependent on a media landscape that deals in fear and emotion, instead of facts and figures.. quite unlike any other civilized nation in the world. Because present day America is, by all intents and purposes, ruled by an elitist plutarchy which can only persist as long as The People can be conditioned to fear - and focus on - an outside (perceived) threat. The threat is real, yet it is a largely synthesized and hyped threat used for political aspirations. The socalled 'War on Terror', as well as 'Clash of Civilizations' concept, has been heralded for some time now in certain circles, and you will see it used to further rationalise the present pattern. Which is, defacto, a war for geo strategical interests in the ME region under the guise of fighting this 'clear & present danger', and 'defend the Judeo Christian West'.

Also, to claim I am silencing abuse of women because I am ridiculing the rationalization of clearcut deception referring to that 'real threat', coming from a 'grab 'em by the *****' Trump supporting American, is excessively ironic, as well as comical.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

If rhesus macaque would do the job, where is the problem?

There isn't a problem.  P80 just needed to vent his spleen over the president, the all culpable U.S. and life in general.  I think he overestimates the importance of the Netherlands to the U.S.  Ambassadorships are generally given as plums to supporters and friends.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

Seems to me youre doing a great job at that already, given Trump - our 'anti fake news champion' - is a known (mass)liar, one of the most prominent disseminators of fake news in the present political landscape.
And besides the fact you accept and even applaud deception based on a perceived existential threat; regardless of people's insistence to close their eyes on the subject, the threat is excessively hyped, excessively politically motivated. If youre so very concerned about Islamic extremism, you should read up on the subject, the details, facts.

He's a known liar, according to people who openly blatantly lie everyday. 

Fact is, if the US set out to foment / invoke the most conducive environment for religious extremism to flourish in the region, it wouldnt have gone about it in a significantly different manner than it has the last 1,5 decade or so.
Fact is, if the US was so hellbent on destroying ISIS and/or its ideology, its new POTUS would not re envigorate its already closest political ties to Saudi Arabia, House of Saud, the very ideological and financial heimat of Wahhabism (and please dont claim Wahhabi Ikhwan and House of Saud have nothing to do with eachother, because they certainly do).

So, first the US directly and indirectly creates utter chaos by removing a whole sequence of ME heads of state.. mass firing Ba'ath offiicials sending them into the arms of ISIS/AQ, placing pro Shia governors inciting the Sunni population with thesame effect, arming and funding socalled 'moderate rebels' ISIS affiliated groups.. Generally abusing the population of all the 'failed states' under the guise of Samaritanism by way of depleted uranium ammunition, mass bombings and drone strikes without international or Senate approval (which all constitute warcrimes, crimes against humanity) .. A refugee flow is created because of that chaos and destruction.. and what does the newfound saviour of the USA, and the US population respond? "Lets build a wall, lets stop any refugee or migrant from getting in, and lets search out and evict any that have already entered.

Why, would one ask? Because the lionpart of the US population at large is dependent on a media landscape that deals in fear and emotion, instead of facts and figures.. quite unlike any other civilized nation in the world. Because present day America is, by all intents and purposes, ruled by an elitist plutarchy which can only persist as long as The People can be conditioned to fear - and focus on - an outside (perceived) threat. The threat is real, yet it is a largely synthesized and hyped threat used for political aspirations. The socalled 'War on Terror', as well as 'Clash of Civilizations' concept, has been heralded for some time now in certain circles, and you will see it used to further rationalise the present pattern. Which is, defacto, a war for geo strategical interests in the ME region under the guise of fighting this 'clear & present danger', and 'defend the Judeo Christian West'.

Also, to claim I am silencing abuse of women because I am ridiculing the rationalization of clearcut deception referring to that 'real threat', coming from a 'grab 'em by the *****' Trump supporting American, is excessively ironic, as well as comical.

I have been a open critic of our middle east policy for years. Regarding the abuses 0bama and Bush caused, its horrific. They truly did create this horrible situation. And I feel ya when it comes to our relationship with SA. Its hypocritical at best. However Trump is doing something neither of them did. He is currently creating a way to get out from our dependence on ME oil, by tapping into our's.

To clear up which one of us is right when it comes to the dangers of these refugees only requires some common sense. You cant let millions of people from third world hell holes pour into your country by the millions and think its not going to result in horror. Can you imagine a group of young men who since birth have been raised to believe women are property, and should be beaten and even killed if they step out of line, all in the name of God, suddenly being perfectly ok with seeing western women walking around like they are not someone's property? In short skirts, heck even a women wearing jeans is an abomination to these people. Then to make it much worse, the authorities cover up for them when their own people seek justice. Just last week I read about a court case where a woman was viscously gang raped. They even presented video footage of them kicking the crap out of her on the way into the building, and the judge dismissed the case claiming she wanted to have sex with the 20 guys the raped her. Her public defender said it was the worst case of gang rape she had ever seen. There are thousands of such cases.

A large % of these people are animals. Animals who have never known anything but violence. To push them on a population who come from a completely different world is a disaster.

You could spend the next 3 months, night and day watching video after video of the destruction these people have caused. The lives they have ruined. And again, of course they have. Its only common sense.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, and then said:

There isn't a problem.  P80 just needed to vent his spleen over the president, the all culpable U.S. and life in general.  I think he overestimates the importance of the Netherlands to the U.S.  Ambassadorships are generally given as plums to supporters and friends.

Our democracy is on the downward slide to dictatorship.

It's nice that someone is upset about it. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I hear this an awful lot. Yet when I look to see the actions taken, everything seems to be perfectly inline with the constitution. Heck compared to the last two administrations, he looks more inline with the constitution then anyone I have seen in my adult life. Please explain to me how you have come to this conclusion? Cause honestly it seems ridiculous to me. Sounds like a CNN propaganda point.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

[...]

Big NO. No matter how stupid Trump is (and he is a moron, by large), he is elected president. So far, he did not changed constitution to make himself eternal leader of the nation. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I think the democracy is doing just fine, CR.  Trump is hated by Democrats and establishment Republicans because he represents an agenda they disagree with.  He has used the courts to fight battles that his predecessor would never have been questioned over.  He's brash and doesn't allow himself to be cowed by the media and it makes them crazy.  The U.S. military would have something to say to any chief executive that tried to bend the rules too much.  I respect that your perception is different but until he starts imprisoning people or shutting down TV stations, I think it's a bit overblown.

• Like 8

Exactly and then. Every breath this man takes is criticized, and gone over with a fine tooth comb. They would be nailing him to the wall if he took one step towards a dictatorship.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, and then said:

I think the democracy is doing just fine, CR.  Trump is hated by Democrats and establishment Republicans because he represents an agenda they disagree with.  He has used the courts to fight battles that his predecessor would never have been questioned over.  He's brash and doesn't allow himself to be cowed by the media and it makes them crazy.  The U.S. military would have something to say to any chief executive that tried to bend the rules too much.  I respect that your perception is different but until he starts imprisoning people or shutting down TV stations, I think it's a bit overblown.

Well, you're wrong. It's not doing just fine. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Well, you're wrong. It's not doing just fine. 

So lay it out for us. How is Trump becoming a dictator? I'm honestly asking.

• Like 4

Just now, preacherman76 said:

So lay it out for us. How is Trump becoming a dictator? I'm honestly asking.

It's not like we can't look at history and what happened when leaders did the things he's doing.

Wake up, preacher...you're backing the Antichrist.

9 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It's not like we can't look at history and what happened when leaders did the things he's doing.

Wake up, preacher...you're backing the Antichrist.

So nothing then? Please just one example. If you honestly cant come up with one, don't cha think you should consider changing your position.

I'm looking as closely as I can, and so are his enemies. Aside from just saying it, none of them has given a real reason for their opinion. This is a strong accusation Rose. If anything Historically he looks most equivalent to Regan. Do you believe Regan was a dictator? Or was trying to become one? 

• Like 5