Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The X Files is back in 2018!

TellLieVision

January will see the return of 11th season. It looks like it's gonna be a bit longer than the previous one, though not the twenty-something-episode long as in the '90s.

Hopefully it will redeem itself from the fiasco the 10th season was, albeit a few moments here and there in the first episode. They should focus on the alien conspiracy plot and forget about the monsters ****.

• Like 3

Good thing to hear. I don't mind monsters either, as long as Mulder and Scully are chasing them :) One of best pairs of actors ever.

• Like 4

Read about this the other day,will start binge watching the entire series On Demand soon :D

• Like 1

I made a mistake: season no. 11 will air in 2018 -- Jan 3rd at 8 PM (ET), to be precised.

I don't think it's possible to edit the thread title at this point, is it?

4 minutes ago, TellLieVision said:

I made a mistake: season no. 11 will air in 2018 -- Jan 3rd at 8 PM (ET), to be precised.

I don't think it's possible to edit the thread title at this point, is it?

Done.

Tiggs
[Forum Mod Team]

• Like 2

I can't wait!

Yeah monsters are fun, the alien conspiracy brings out the real nerds of conspiracy and will blame trump

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Yeah monsters are fun, the alien conspiracy brings out the real nerds of conspiracy and will blame trump

Ha! You think he isn't responsible for the monsters?

Kidding.

Maybe we can at least keep Trump out of our X-Files thread.

• Like 1

I only saw a few episodes of the 11th season and then quit.  It was once my favorite show, but that was awhile ago.  I truly hated the "Scully/Mulder" baby arc, and the previews make it look like it's going that direction (with a side order of alien abduction.)

Plus... no Lone Gunmen.

• Like 1

Won't be the same. A reboot of The Invaders would interest me, however.

• Like 1

I think they'll need a talking Great Dane to run around with them, solving mysteries.

Seriously, I look forward to watching this new season.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the continuing story arc, I hate the monster of the week formula.

I wasn't too impressed with the first 2 eps.  They were modestly entertaining at best.  In the first one they explained that the alien invasion did not occur in 2012 as originally predicted because the aliens decided the earth is heating up too much and that our natural resources are now dwindling.  So they're no longer interested in invading.  Never mind the fact that their colonization plan began in prehistoric times when they began depositing their genetic material in the black goo.  Ironically, global warming may have saved us.

Most of all, I have a real problem with the revelation that -- spoiler alert -- the Smoking Man is apparently Mulder's real father.  Too much like Darth Vader and Luke.  It almost sounds like the show is trying to satirize itself.  

I tried to watch 2 eps yesterday, and I fell asleep during both of them.

• Like 1

Well...I always enjoyed the original show but the last season and this one fall far short of the quality they once had.

I did like the appearance of  the Lone Gunman ....that almost made the episode worth watching.

Edited by doctor wu

• 2 months later...

BEST episode this season is that one with creepy clown face and teletubbies!

Edited by DragonFire22

The suspense is gone, of the truth being just out reach, the resolution slipping through their fingers, time and again. There's no mystery, anymore. It's more a nostalgia thing now, than anything else. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The suspense is gone, of the truth being just out reach, the resolution slipping through their fingers, time and again. There's no mystery, anymore. It's more a nostalgia thing now, than anything else. 

The conspiracy part has definitely run its course but I do enjoy the stand alone episodes immensely though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Carter ruined another opportunity. Seriously awful series finale, and the seasons since the reboot weren't all that great either. I'm a huge X Files fan since pre pilot, (love David Duchovny and was so excited when the ads for the show started). Those first 6 or 7 seasons were great. Once David bowed out they lost focus and lost the plot. The first finale wasn't great either, but at least it tied up some loose ends. The subsequent movie was terrible, didn't address anything left from the finale, nothing about William or the 2012 deadline. The reboots seemed like a huge opportunity to make some great television. Except for a few stand alone episodes Chris Carter blew it. 

Bringing back CGB Spender aka Cigarette Smoking Man as being alive and not at least seriously burned was just bad writing. Making Monica Reyes evil and working for CGB was an insult to a great character, nothing she would have ever done. I wonder if Chris Carter had intended for Doggett to play that part, that would have made a lot more sense. 

The absolute worst was Chris Carter's horrible "plot" device that Scully was either raped or medically raped and CGB was Williams father, just ewww. Scully took the brunt of violations on the show, abduction, having her ova removed, left infertile, finding Emily and losing her, then this? Then making her pregnant at the end of this as if by magic and leaving another cliffhanger. It's no wonder Gillian Anderson said no more, I don't blame her in the least. 

I had a dream about what should have played out, Mulders sister isn't dead, it was a clone, she finds William and raises him as her own. Reyes and a retired Skinner marry and end up on a survival compound in Canada, where they keep Samantha and William safe. Mulder and Scully retire from the FBI, but still investigate x files and run an underground railroad for other conspiracy victims. Turns out Rita Covvarubias had a daughter with Krycheck who Mulder and Scully rescue from a research facility along with kids and people being experimented on. Eventually they join everyone in Canada for the final showdown with the aliens and William and Ritas daughter (who are the keys because they are from two vaccinated parents) helps end the alien threat.