Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman stunned by $284bn electricity bill

Still Waters

An electricity bill for more than $284bn (£212bn) left a woman in the US state of Pennsylvania stunned... until she found out the amount was wrong.

Mary Horomanski from Erie said the latest bill showed that she had to pay the entire amount by November 2018.

"My eyes just about popped out of my head," she told the Erie Times-News. "We had put up Christmas lights and I wondered if we had put them up wrong."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42489666

• Like 4

Am wondering how many Christmas lights she put up and what size they were that made her think they were maybe to blame.  Some folks do go way over the top.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

An electricity bill for more than $284bn (£212bn) left a woman in the US state of Pennsylvania stunned... until she found out the amount was wrong.

she was surprised it was so cheap?

• Like 1

Give it a decade of so for China and Africa to Realize that together, they don't need the west's raw materials, trade, stock market, gold reserves or the Dollar. Us in the west will be receiving bills like this that were printed deliberately and un-ironically due to to a hyper inflated pre collapse economy, Wheelbarrow of dollar bills for a loaf of bread ring any bells...

Why I don't have the electric bill on auto pay. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Why I don't have the electric bill on auto pay. 

Yeah, that would make a slight dent in my bank account too.

• Like 1

Hope she has her bitcoins from 2000